• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I like to press play, and then immediately shut it off when he screams "WEEEEEEEEEL!":rotfl:

Gotta say, I never got the video when I joined during the Sm4sh speculation time. Didn't even make it on the list of supporters then either... It's ok, I still consider myself a Kutthroat.

That video does weird me out a bit though. It's giving me horrible flashbacks to the era when cartoons incorporated uncanny valley primitive 3D animation nightmare fuel. Remember they used to do that so we would all be like "wow, technology!" but instead we were all like "mommy, he shouldn't be able to move like that!"

RETURN THE SLAB

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Going out of town for 3 days this coming week. It'll be nice is that direct "leak" is true. Would make for a great weekend. :3

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
RETURN THE SLAB
WHAT’S YER OFFER?

On this occult Friday the 13th I have decided to partake in a satanic ritual to determine whether or not King K. Rool will be in the game. The ritual candles have been lit and the number 666 rings through my head. It has all become clear to me; King K. Rool is destined for Smash. I have a good feeling that Banjo and Kazooie will make it into the game as well, making that three Steve Mayles characters forever immortalized in Nintendo history. I understand you may have your doubts. All that I will say is to ask Satan yourself. It is very easy to perform a basic satanic ritual on your own without any special reagents and doing so can only increase King K. Rool's odds of being in the game. Maybe he'll even have a red skin that makes him look like a demon, haha. Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how his amiibo looks.
Well, the next newcomer will be #66...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Reading about this new leak has left me with so many mixed feelings, I don’t even know how to process it. It feels like the whole thing was written by a predictive keyboard after a month of browsing /r/NintendoSwitch. Some of it is just so... so absurd. Cuphead? Fat chance. Mother 3D? Yeah right. FF7 and Fallout 76, on the Switch? Nooooooo way. Doshin the Giant HD? ...What?

And yet, despite how crazy it all sounds, I can’t help but feel a little antsy for the 22nd, all the sudden. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas, fantasizing about all the expensive, impossible presents waiting for me. :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Reading about this new leak has left me with so many mixed feelings, I don’t even know how to process it. It feels like the whole thing was written by a predictive keyboard after a month of browsing /r/NintendoSwitch. Some of it is just so... so absurd. Cuphead? Fat chance. Mother 3D? Yeah right. FF7 and Fallout 76, on the Switch? Nooooooo way. Doshin the Giant HD? ...What?

And yet, despite how crazy it all sounds, I can’t help but feel a little antsy for the 22nd, all the sudden. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas, fantasizing about all the expensive, impossible presents waiting for me. :laugh:
And just like Christmas, a lot of folks will try to peek early.

I like to press play, and then immediately shut it off when he screams "WEEEEEEEEEL!":rotfl:

Gotta say, I never got the video when I joined during the Sm4sh speculation time. Didn't even make it on the list of supporters then either... It's ok, I still consider myself a Kutthroat.

That video does weird me out a bit though. It's giving me horrible flashbacks to the era when cartoons incorporated uncanny valley primitive 3D animation nightmare fuel. Remember they used to do that so we would all be like "wow, technology!" but instead we were all like "mommy, he shouldn't be able to move like that!"

In defense of the spoiler, they obviously knew it would look freaky regardless.

Also, the early seasons of Reboot look like heaven compared to the work the animators on that show did on the Money For Nothing music video beforehand.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
ReBoot at least was groundbreaking for its time. Without it a lot of stuff just wouldn't exist, or wouldn't be the same at all. And it's from my country <3 I started collecting its merch this year, actually!

Anyway, back on topic. July 22nd can't come soon enough. Even if it's fake. At least we'll know!

StormC

Smash Hero
ReBoot and Beast Wars still hold up despite their now-cumbersome CGI thanks to their fantastic storytelling.

The DKC cartoon... has funny songs.

Man, if only Megabyte and Megatron could join K. Rool in Smash...

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893

Apparently you're not the only one, because somehow I knew exactly what the image was going to be before I even clicked the "Spoiler" button. (I did think the caption would be "return the slab," though.)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Man, if only Megabyte and Megatron could join K. Rool in Smash...
Oh dear God, don't even get me started! Megabyte in Smash would be too good to be true. It would be totally weird, but I'd squeal like a fangirl. I can picture it now. I can't handle it! D: Too bad Tony Jay isn't around, I'd love to have heard his grunts and all! "Daisy! You will be deleted!"

But K. Rool would get excited, hyped legit screams outta me.

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Yo Beast Wars animation has aged horribly but was still a good show. Regardless, the only Transformers I'll ever need is the Transformers Movie from the 80's where all the main characters die in the first 10 minutes of the movie.

That **** was intense.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Sorry but are we really doing satanic rituals to determine if K. Rool is in Smash now?

Never trust Satan. He will never tell Donkey Kong fans the truth.

Not until we hand over Wrinkly Kong's soul once and for all.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry but are we really doing satanic rituals to determine if K. Rool is in Smash now?

I'd never do such rituals, and I'd never turn in Wrinkly's soul at all.

Then again, I am an atheist. I don't really believe in the devil. or anything religious for that matter.

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Has there been anything yet to outright disprove this leak? I feel like with so much wishlist-like items there would be someone bound to disprove it by now. If anything, it keeps managing to gain credibility.

That would be wild if, quite possibly, the craziest leak I have ever seen actually turns out to be true. I still have doubts but the stars are kind of aligning for this kind of thing to happen. Nintendo needs to make big and bold moves to win back investors, the dates are lining up, and the confirmed correct information has been amazingly accurate and timed.

I'm still not going to build up my hopes yet too much but the feeling of getting K. Rool confirmed in just NINE DAYS is so exciting. So many years of hoping and kampaigning and the result of all of our hard work could be given to us in just NINE DAYS.

I still think the leak is probably fake but imagining a Mother 3 remake AND K. Rool on the same day is too good to be true. I've 100% dismissed almost every other leak and now having faith in one is a waiting nightmare lol. July 22nd can't get here soon enough.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of leaks, there seem to be so many leaks saying K. Rool will be revealed in July. Now, I realize that those leaks are different altogether, dates and all, but I wanna know your opinion, guys: Do you think this means something? Also, do you think a Direct WILL be released in July, if anything?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'd never do such rituals, and I'd never turn in Wrinkly's soul at all.

Then again, I am an atheist. I don't really believe in the devil. or anything religious for that matter.
The only thing Satan will do is force the site to go into any direction he points to.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of leaks, there seem to be so many leaks saying K. Rool will be revealed in July. Now, I realize that those leaks are different altogether, dates and all, but I wanna know your opinion, guys: Do you think this means something? Also, do you think a Direct WILL be released in July, if anything?
I think "leakers" are just latching onto July because the idea of a (unique) newcomer a month seems reasonable, and K. Rool because he's just genuinely one of the most likely characters with everything we know laid before us.

As for a Direct this month... Maybe. They do have quite a few things coming soon-ish that we could use more info on, like whatever they're doing with the 3DS. I wouldn't bet money on it, but hey.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
There are honestly so many leaks, I cant even really keep up. It seems every time I pop back in here people are saying he might pop up in the next few days or weeks. This is beyond torture. Had they opened up with any other character other then Ridley my hopes wouldn't be so high. Purple space dragon was a blessing and a curse in the hopes for our King.

Its going to feel so wrong if DK doesnt get any reps in Ultimate. Despite the fact there will likely be some kind of sequels in the future ((whether they are created by Sakurai or not who knows)), Ultimate really does feel like the final big hurrah of the series. I know a lot of characters got Mii in 4, but it just has to mean something?

Thats the worst part about this. Adding K.Rool at this point, feels like a no brainer to me. Its harder for me to imagine him not getting in then getting in. But yet there really is no way of knowing if he has even been considered. It would at least be nice to know how many characters is "Not too many", so I could gauge how many chances he has to pop in. Does it include echos? Do we only have 2 newcomers with Ridley and Inklings so far, or does Sakurai consider Daisy as part of that group as well?

I have always wanted K.rool in the past, but this might be the most painful its been. Everything feels like its lining up for his reveal, with his theme being in the game, Kritters in smash Run, reappearing again and again as a trophy himself, and now as Ridley shining down from heaven and giving everyone the vibe that their wildest dreams will come true. Its the make or break point.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
No. I don't see K Rool as a potential July reveal. From a marketing stand point, I think it makes more sense to spread out your hype busters and not reveal them one after the other. If anything, I think the next few reveals will cater to a more focused group of the community. K Rool honestly feels like a September or November Reveal with Simon being the October reveal if he is in the game.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
^Yea, I feel you. It does feel like make or break. If K. Rool isn't in by now he'll never be in Smash. At least, that's how I feel.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think it makes sense. While the King is hype, his hype really does not extend outside the Smash community and DK. To the wider gaming community, sure he might seem interesting, but they will likely shrug and move on. Does not help that it has been so long since he has made any big appearance.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Haha only attempt luciferian rituals if you are serious about expecting results. It's not religion, it's paranormal.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we got our K Rool, but ponytail turned out to be Shantae? I mean Shantae fights pirates, so the two characters could appear in an awesome trailer together where she boards his ship and attacks him lol.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we got our K Rool, but ponytail turned out to be Shantae? I mean Shantae fights pirates, so the two characters could appear in an awesome trailer together where she boards his ship and attacks him lol.
If that does happen, there will be a lot of JoJo memes. I actually did vote for Shantae in the ballot, so it would make me happy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No. I don't see K Rool as a potential July reveal. From a marketing stand point, I think it makes more sense to spread out your hype busters and not reveal them one after the other. If anything, I think the next few reveals will cater to a more focused group of the community. K Rool honestly feels like a September or November Reveal with Simon being the October reveal if he is in the game.
I understand that. I know these leaks saying so do not mean K. Rool will be in a Direct this month, let alone a Direct happening this month at all. I was just making an observation, if you will.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I understand that. I know these leaks saying so do not mean K. Rool will be in a Direct this month, let alone a Direct happening this month at all. I was just making an observation, if you will.
I was just stating my opinion since you asked for one~. Not ragging on you or anything. At the moment, I don't believe any leaks. None of them have hit the sweet spot that makes me think it's real.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was just stating my opinion since you asked for one~. Not ragging on you or anything. At the moment, I don't believe any leaks. None of them have hit the sweet spot that makes me think it's real.
My bad, didn't mean to be so...well, severe, for a lack of a better word. Sorry. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if overall, none of the leaks for this month end up as being not true. I am not even holding my breath for that Funko Pop/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leak with K. Rool in it being true, despite the things that seemingly add to its credibility, like the Funko and Mario Kart 8 news.

StormC

Smash Hero
^Yea, I feel you. It does feel like make or break. If K. Rool isn't in by now he'll never be in Smash. At least, that's how I feel.
He'll be in once he returns to the series if he misses out now somehow.

It makes sense to spread your hype out but selfishly I wouldn't care, I'd gladly take K. Rool and run this month.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Satan would probably be the person who convinces sakurai to add in pink gold peach instead of K. Rool

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My bad, didn't mean to be so...well, severe, for a lack of a better word. Sorry. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if overall, none of the leaks for this month end up as being not true. I am not even holding my breath for that Funko Pop/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leak with K. Rool in it being true, despite the things that seemingly add to its credibility, like the Funko and Mario Kart 8 news.
To me, I need something more than broken clock syndrome. The Pikachu Funko Pop has apparently been known about in Funko circles for months and the Mario Kart 8 content wasn't necessarily stated to be DLC, and was just stated as support which it also got with the Labo. Circumstantially, it has some things going for it, but there are many things that Strike the "Fake" flags. Cuphead and FF7R being the big ones.

Leaks are weird in general and I like to keep tabs on them and find out if any information originated from other sources since it's easy to piggyback off of an obscure piece of information (Pikachu Funko being one of them) and latching onto it to give a fake credibility. I'm innately skeptical of most leaks and try to find flaws where I think they exist. To put matters into perspective, I assumed the ESRB leak was fake for a few reasons. All doubts were cast aside when the Tomadachi Life stage was in Famitsu a few days later. At that point there was no doubt it was real. I need something like that to trust a leak. Sometimes it means I'm wrong, But I'd rather that then be upset when a leak is wrong. Lulz

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To me, I need something more than broken clock syndrome. The Pikachu Funko Pop has apparently been known about in Funko circles for months and the Mario Kart 8 content wasn't necessarily stated to be DLC, and was just stated as support which it also got with the Labo. Circumstantially, it has some things going for it, but there are many things that Strike the "Fake" flags. Cuphead and FF7R being the big ones.

Leaks are weird in general and I like to keep tabs on them and find out if any information originated from other sources since it's easy to piggyback off of an obscure piece of information (Pikachu Funko being one of them) and latching onto it to give a fake credibility. I'm innately skeptical of most leaks and try to find flaws where I think they exist. To put matters into perspective, I assumed the ESRB leak was fake for a few reasons. All doubts were cast aside when the Tomadachi Life stage was in Famitsu a few days later. At that point there was no doubt it was real. I need something like that to trust a leak. Sometimes it means I'm wrong, But I'd rather that then be upset when a leak is wrong. Lulz
Good points. When I read that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was getting updates, but no word on DLC, I knew something was wrong. Also, I am pretty sure Cuphead is an Xbox exclusive, and I don't know how a more Playstation like game like Final Fantasy 7, specifically its remake, would make it to the Switch. Yeah, overall, leaks are not easy to trust, and are always better to take with a grain of salt. I just wonder what these so called "leakers" are trying to achieve from all this "leaking". It's not like they actually know what Nintendo is planning, is it?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

The Pikachu pop hasnt been known about for months I'm pretty big into pop collecting and look over leaks constantly... I never saw a thing about the Pikachu pop till it leaked on reddit on Wednesday... I've never heard reference to Pokemon being aquired by Funko before that day. When the leaker leaked the Pikachu pop on Wednesday he was called a liar and he deleted his account the mods even deleted his post. No one thought Nintendo would partner with Funko. I saw some people on Reddit stating on the page for the "22nd" leak that Pokemon pops were known about for months but I'd like to know when and where I've seen every leaked pop list over the past 3 months and not once did I see Pikachu.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Man.... I guess all the K. Rool discussion has run its course. lol. That's how info-starved we are XD
I've got a couple possible discussion topics for us.

Many songs that have already been in Smash games have gotten new remixes like Wily Castle, Ridley's Theme, Delfino Plaza, and Brinstar Depths. Do you think this could mean a new Gangplank Galleon or Stickerbush Symphony?

Who will you support after K. Rool gets announced?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman

Many songs that have already been in Smash games have gotten new remixes like Wily Castle, Ridley's Theme, Delfino Plaza, and Brinstar Depths. Do you think this could mean a new Gangplank Galleon or Stickerbush Symphony?

Part of me feels like we'll get another remix of Gangplank Galleon, but I think a remix of Crocodile Cacophony is possible. I just hope they end up adding the originals themes as well. If we manage to get the Gangplank Galleon with all his fight themes from DKC 1-3 (along with his fight in DK64) then it'll be a dream come true.

Also, I know this is unlikely, but I'd actually like to see Sakurai surprise us and give us a remix of K. Rool's Acid Punk from Donkey Kong Land 1.

As for characters I'd support after. Well, I'm already apart of the Shadow thread, but I'll definitely be hoping on to support both Issac and Ashley. I've really wanted both since Brawl and would be really happy to see them playable. I remember my heart was crushed when Ashley was confirmed as an AT in Smash 4. I was pretty bummed out the whole day. Seeing her be playable would make me really happy. Especially since I'm a big WarioWare fan. As for Issac... We'll they did him dirty by removing him completely in Smash 4. I think he should really be made playable this time around. Of course, I'd also be more involved with the Dixie Kong support as like most of you guys here I want to see more than 1 DK rep.

StormC

Smash Hero

I think a second Gangplank Galleon remix or a Crocodile Cacophony remix is likely if K. Rool is in. Ridley's character video got a new remix of his theme.

I won't really actively campaign/support any characters after Rool, but my attention will shift mostly to Dixie (if she isn't announced) and Bandana Dee.

Maybe for Smash 6 if I'm still around I'll seriously campaign for Eggman or something, lol.

Top Bottom