• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Here's a new idea that hatched in my head.
K. Rool and Dixie reveal with Tiny Kong echoing her, straight from DK64.
Yah? Nyet?
K Rool and dixie kong are enough to represent the DK franchise. They are the most well known. 4 reps are good

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
The thing is ... We're running out of time for reveals, compared with SmashU, 6 months till release it's not a big deal. And 'not so many newcomers this time' means something to me. Still we don't know how the reveals works this time, but I prefer deal with low expectations, not even 10 new characters including echoes. And still we need to talk about stages (the web section it's empty), game modes, online stuff, etc... The fighter thing news it's almost covered.
In another way, I think that a new DK fighter it's reasonable this time and K. Rool it's very popular among fans, but most of the leaks comes with fan-fic most wanted crap and in SmashU Sakurai played with a lot of surprises (Palutena or Little Mac were at least expected but talk about Rosalina , Wii Fit Trainer or Robin instead of Chrom) and most leaks lack of this.
So, K. Rool seems to be in every poll, leak and dream, but considerating how Sakurai mind works it's still risky.
Could be him and only him, or beign an AT and this thread doom. Dixie could join as an echo or else or become a Chrom in Diddy's new Final Smash. Cranky could be a big surprise and Funky a very lazy DK third fighter as Donkey echo. And the worst option, no DK newcomer following the underrating of Kong in Smash.
Yeah, King got a big chance this time , but Sakurai it's unpredictable and six months it's nothing. Keep calm.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Has the leak with Heihachi and Amaterasu been debunked btw ?
(I hope so since no K.Rool).
Did the leaker alwready leak some things in the apst, is he legit ?
Or did he do mistakes before ?

Imo Amaterasu is really weird on this.
That fake list just popped out after the Okami Switch release's been revealed.
But the roster has been decided a long time ago, way before people worked on the Okami port, or maybe evne decided to port it.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Has the leak with Heihachi and Amaterasu been debunked btw ?
(I hope so since no K.Rool).
Did the leaker alwready leak some things in the apst, is he legit ?
Or did he do mistakes before ?

Imo Amaterasu is really weird on this.
That fake list just popped out after the Okami Switch release's been revealed.
But the roster has been decided a long time ago, way before people worked on the Okami port, or maybe evne decided to port it.
Someone said the person had already "leaked" false info before so it's very likely fake.

Damn, this new leak of the direct on the 22nd is getting me hyped up.. I guess you could say I believe it about ~40 % now. x_x It just sounds kinda unreasonable and like someone else said these things lining up for it might just really be weird coincidances.. and it was already known that there was something on the 22nd of july in Osaka. Not sure if they'd really put a direct as well as that livestream, though. Sounds weird, but we'll see soon enough and at least it's something to talk about and stuff before anything new truly happens.

Btw, for anyone who cares I finished the armor belly for my K. Rool sprite:

KingKRool_Paon_Rare.gif

KingKRool_Paon2Rare.gif
Now it's mostly just the arms left who aren't Rare-ish. Not sure if I'll try to change them, though.

I really love the Rare face and the huge crown. I always think about him pushing his head (and having that huge crown) after getting hit during the DK64 boxfight.
The Paon design seems more fitting for that pose and is more cartoony. Maybe it would've been nice if he was K. Rools brother or someone else impersonating him, but oh well.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Someone said the person had already "leaked" false info before so it's very likely fake.

Damn, this new leak of the direct on the 22nd is getting me hyped up.. I guess you could say I believe it about ~40 % now. x_x It just sounds kinda unreasonable and like someone else said these things lining up for it might just really be weird coincidances.. and it was already known that there was something on the 22nd of july in Osaka. Not sure if they'd really put a direct as well as that livestream, though. Sounds weird, but we'll see soon enough and at least it's something to talk about and stuff before anything new truly happens.

Btw, for anyone who cares I finished the armor belly for my K. Rool sprite:

View attachment 152884
Now it's mostly just the arms left who aren't Rare-ish. Not sure if I'll try to change them, though.

I really love the Rare face and the huge crown. I always think about him pushing his head (and having that huge crown) after getting hit during the DK64 boxfight.
The Paon design seems more fitting for that pose and is more cartoony. Maybe it would've been nice if he was K. Rools brother or someone else impersonating him, but oh well.
Very nice updates! I do have a headcanon to your theory of them being brothers:

Note: The Rare design will be known as King K. Rool while the Paon design will be known as Paon K. Rool.

Imagine that King K. Rool and Paon K. Rool were brothers with King K. Rool as the dreaded, older brother while Paon K. Rool is the goofier, lazy younger brother. In the DKC series, the krocs were not on speaking terms and Paon K. Rool did not want anything to do with villainy or the Kongs for that matter. King K. Rool did not consult with his younger brother until after Donkey Kong 64 where the Kremling Krew would be fed up with King K. Rool's konstant failures as a leader for them, similar to their supposed mutiny in Donkey Kong Country 3. At this time, King K. Rool's insanity has consumed him, with him believing that the Kongs has taken away everything from him. King K. Rool wanted someone else to take the blame for his mistakes, so he speaks to his estranged younger brother, which he is promised that he would become a king and make up his own rules. Paon K. Rool would have his own army at his command, though King K. Rool does not tell him about his army's mutiny against himself. After some convincing, Paon K. Rool agrees to his brother's terms and takes over as the new Kremling King (and taking his brother's identity only by name) while King K. Rool went into hiding, plotting for his future revenge against the Kongs.

Little did King K. Rool know, his plan had backfired on him: the Kremling Krew did not seem to be angry at Paon K. Rool, finding him to be much different than King K. Rool better leader to get along with. They preferred him as their leader over King K. Rool. Paon K. Rool had his battles with the Kongs here and there, eventually teaming up with Donkey Kong and his team in Mario Super Sluggers. The Kongs themselves had even found that Paon K. Rool's personality is much different than the K. Rool they used to know, and have become friendlier with him. King K. Rool eventually found out about his brother's team-up with the Kongs and went back to Kremling Isle to teach his brother a lesson in villainy, while at the same time regaining control of the Kremling Krew by teaching them the consequences of mutiny.

With Paon K. Rool's leadership dismantled and King K. Rool back at the helm, King K. Rool is now biding his time, waiting for the perfect komeback against the Kongs who ruined his life.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart news
That's it. (No, he got information about the funko stuff wrong.)
We'll see in 9 days.
What information has he got wrong about it? The Pikachu funko is real, and it's the only one being "legitimized" right now because that one was leaked with an image. If you're saying that because we haven't seen any Mario or Zelda funkos, I'd assume (if real) would be shown when it was supposed to be revealed at the direct.
Is there anything making the “22nd” leak credible?
I don't know what's wrong about the funko stuff, so until I see a rebuttle:
-Funko pop of Pikachu (leak said that we'd be getting funkos from the series of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, the Pikachu funko leaked and then was posted officially by funko)
-Mario Kart 8D updates (the leak said there'd be more DLC, and before this Nintendo had basically said they were done with updates. Now as of yesterday they've changed their tune)
-Pokemon Let's Go, yesterday, released a trailer showing off the first two gyms and a couple of the initial cities (Pewter and Celedon city). In the leak, it said that a Let's Go trailer would be shown where we visit the cities of Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City, and see Lt Surges Gym (the third gym). That makes sense in terms of "progression" because those are the next towns you'd visit after Pewter and Celedon (and we didn't really get a good look at Pallet Town yet either for some reason, so that really lines up with what the leak had stated beforehand).

That's all that's leading people to believe it has a CHANCE at being real.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Has this thread just become a leak speculation board?

I get we’re all hungry for Smash content, but why not just wait, I kind of want to be surprised with this one.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Guys, what if only SOME of the info in the leak is legit? Some of the stuff does sound plausible, but other stuff just seems like the leaker is pulling our leg.
As much as I want it, I'm not gonna believe MOTHER 3D until I see it. I've been burned too many times by stuff like this.

While we're at it, add me to the list of supporters. I'm not really into DK, but I really hope you guys get your finest hour!

StormC

Smash Hero

I get we’re all hungry for Smash content, but why not just wait, I kind of want to be surprised with this one.
It's a leak centered around the character in the thread title so people will talk about it. Just the nature of the game, like how the Ridley thread became hyperfocused on the Vergeben leak. No point in trying to stop it.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

Knowing Sakurai, we will all be surprised, wether we like it or not. Leaning towards like it, regardless of what.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
It's a leak centered around the character in the thread title so people will talk about it. Just the nature of the game, like how the Ridley thread became hyperfocused on the Vergeben leak. No point in trying to stop it.
Sorry, not trying to stop it, it’s just funny how leaks have taken center stage in this community and you guys are debating about leak legitimacy instead of the character himself. I just stopped trusting leaks after being burned during Wii U. The only legitimate one was there only a month before the game came out and really only gave away 4 characters, two of which were clones. I guess I’m saying, wait till November for the one true leak.

Knowing Sakurai, we will all be surprised, wether we like it or not. Leaning towards like it, regardless of what.
I honestly wasn’t too surprised with the last entry. At least when it came to the base game. They gave away way to much, and by the end all characters were revealed before the game came out, so it kind of ruined the fun. Nintendo just wouldn’t stop, and showed a trailer for every fighter that would be in.

StormC

Smash Hero
Sorry, not trying to stop it, it’s just funny how leaks have taken center stage in this community and you guys are debating about leak legitimacy instead of the character himself. I just stopped trusting leaks after being burned during Wii U. The only legitimate one was there only a month before the game came out and really only gave away 4 characters, two of which were clones. I guess I’m saying, wait till November for the one true leak.
Pretty much everything else regarding the character has been discussed in depth multiple times, to be honest. Until we get actual news, a leak with a teeny bit of legitimacy is the closest thing we get to something new to discuss.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Pretty much everything else regarding the character has been discussed in depth multiple times, to be honest. Until we get actual news, a leak with a teeny bit of legitimacy is the closest thing we get to something new to discuss.
Fair Enough

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It wouldn't be so bad if Sakurai didn't keep re-announcing the same old S___ we already know. It's torturing us, is all.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
It wouldn't be so bad if Sakurai didn't keep re-announcing the same old S___ we already know. It's torturing us, is all.
Well we did just get a huge reveal, so we shouldn’t be expecting much.

Anyone Reiner how he reannounced the same **** for Wii U on Miiverse like everyday until Rosalina was announced. We got very little between E3 and her reveal, maybe a few returning characters that everyone could have predicted, and a new assist or stage here or there.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ok, I had forgotten about that part. :/ It's just, at this point I think the thread agrees that anything new would be welcome.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, what if only SOME of the info in the leak is legit? Some of the stuff does sound plausible, but other stuff just seems like the leaker is pulling our leg.
As much as I want it, I'm not gonna believe MOTHER 3D until I see it. I've been burned too many times by stuff like this.

While we're at it, add me to the list of supporters. I'm not really into DK, but I really hope you guys get your finest hour!

Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong playable post release doesn't seem like Sakurai to me we got like 5 months until Smash Ultimate. I dont know I dont like it. Its like Robin and Lucina later get me grief.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, there is one thing about the whole Mother 3D thing that raises an eyebrow to me, and not just because it is Mother 3 or it is in 3D, but the fact that it is fully voice acted. There are so many things and names you can change in Mother 3 that I don't imagine they would go the Persona rought and just say stuff like"that guy." Maybe they are going the BotW route and locking in the character names. I can understand that a bit, because frankly the game is so story driven and the characters, despite everything, are iconic in their own way.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Just to give a small timeline for the "22nd leak"

The leak was shared on Smashboards on Tuesday I'm not sure when it was posted initally (was posted on 4chan originally)

The Pikachu Pop was leaked on Wednesday on Reddit, people on Reddit told the leaker he was a liar and he deleted his account. (Some pepole on Reddit are saying the Funko community knew about Pokemon pops for month's. This is false I've been a part of the Reddit pop community for a long time... the only pop leaks we get is from Gamestop and the Pikachu is a Target exclusive... we didn't know it was coming...)

Thursday the Pikachu pop Funko was found in a Target by mistake, Funko then announced the Pop it's official release date is for July 29th.

On Wednesday or Thursday a Tweet went out about Mario Kart getting more content from the director of the series.. I think it was taken from an interview with him.

All this info came out right after that leak was posted to 4Chan as far as I know there was never a mention of any of that before that leak.. now some of this stuff is being hinted at post leak. It's a very strange coincidence.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398

The leak was shared on Smashboards on Tuesday I'm not sure when it was posted initally (was posted on 4chan originally)

The Pikachu Pop was leaked on Wednesday on Reddit, people on Reddit told the leaker he was a liar and he deleted his account. (Some pepole on Reddit are saying the Funko community knew about Pokemon pops for month's. This is false I've been a part of the Reddit pop community for a long time... the only pop leaks we get is from Gamestop and the Pikachu is a Target exclusive... we didn't know it was coming...)

Thursday the Pikachu pop Funko was found in a Target by mistake, Funko then announced the Pop it's official release date is for July 29th.

On Wednesday or Thursday a Tweet went out about Mario Kart getting more content from the director of the series.. I think it was taken from an interview with him.

All this info came out right after that leak was posted to 4Chan as far as I know there was never a mention of any of that before that leak.. now some of this stuff is being hinted at post leak. It's a very strange coincidence.
The leak was posted on 4chan Tuesday morning https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423701119/

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
New people put a smile on k rools face :) also when ever someone posts the one of us video, do you guys watch it every single time? lol we need a new version of that song

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Three, the Pokémon go is looking good it's getting quite a bit right

However that zone is safe bets though

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Three, the Pokémon go is looking good it's getting quite a bit right

However that zone is safe bets though
Good thinking I totally forgot about the new Pokemon info. I don't know it's wild how the oddest most unbelievable leak that's come out so far is looking like the most possible due to these coincidences.... if they announce a direct for the 22nd I'll lose my mind..because K. Rool and Dixie aside this direct is all insane news...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
New people put a smile on k rools face :) also when ever someone posts the one of us video, do you guys watch it every single time? lol we need a new version of that song
When the King is happy, I'm happy. When he's in Smash, I'm even happier <3

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I like to press play, and then immediately shut it off when he screams "WEEEEEEEEEL!":rotfl:

Gotta say, I never got the video when I joined during the Sm4sh speculation time. Didn't even make it on the list of supporters then either... It's ok, I still consider myself a Kutthroat.

That video does weird me out a bit though. It's giving me horrible flashbacks to the era when cartoons incorporated uncanny valley primitive 3D animation nightmare fuel. Remember they used to do that so we would all be like "wow, technology!" but instead we were all like "mommy, he shouldn't be able to move like that!"

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I really hope the leak is real so I can stop worrying about Rool and Dixie making it in, plus I can then focus on Banjo.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really hope the leak is real so I can stop worrying about Rool and Dixie making it in, plus I can then focus on Banjo.
I'd be pretty much set in terms of big wants. I'd transition some energy to Bandana Dee but overall any requests I have are eclipsed by Rool.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Good thinking I totally forgot about the new Pokemon info. I don't know it's wild how the oddest most unbelievable leak that's come out so far is looking like the most possible due to these coincidences.... if they announce a direct for the 22nd I'll lose my mind..because K. Rool and Dixie aside this direct is all insane news...
Amen to that.

Not holdi my breath though

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
On this occult Friday the 13th I have decided to partake in a satanic ritual to determine whether or not King K. Rool will be in the game. The ritual candles have been lit and the number 666 rings through my head. It has all become clear to me; King K. Rool is destined for Smash. I have a good feeling that Banjo and Kazooie will make it into the game as well, making that three Steve Mayles characters forever immortalized in Nintendo history. I understand you may have your doubts. All that I will say is to ask Satan yourself. It is very easy to perform a basic satanic ritual on your own without any special reagents and doing so can only increase King K. Rool's odds of being in the game. Maybe he'll even have a red skin that makes him look like a demon, haha. Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how his amiibo looks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom