• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede yay or nay

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well Im just being realistic. From looking at the game (SSBM) I we can see that in every series the good guy characters out number the bad. Why would they change that for Kirby? Why not? IDK but its realistic not to think theres going to be more bad then good guys for any one series in SSBB.

Who knows? They may be coming out with a new Kirby game that has a few great good guys in it and he might add one of them. Wait and see.

And add " Some good female characters from FE" to my list.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'd like to see King Dedede. I've wanted him and Meta-Knight in since Smash-64. Dedede's hammer would work well for A-based attacks like the Ice Climbers. He'd also be rather large and heavy. For those who think he'd just be a Kirby clone, they don't know what they're talking about. I see Dedede as a weird mix of Bowser and Ice Climbers.

Edit:
By the way, I don't know a single game where King Dedede is the villain. From what I know, he's always been the good guy, trying to save dreamland and/or help Kirby.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
They won't add a good Kirby guy at this point, because they all suck. There isn't a new Kirby game slated to release soon is there? We already said why there won't be anymore good guys from Kirby.

btw t!MmY, I'd think he'd be a mix of the Ice Climbers and Wario.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Actually, there's that DS game, but all I know about it is the bad guys are a bunch of rats...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There are at least two new Kirby games scheduled to be released soon. Kirby's Adventure (tentative title for the GCN) and Kirby DS (tentative title for the Nintendo DS).

Funny you think of Dedede as a mix of IC and Wario when we know next to nothing about Wario... aside from his crude behavior and flatulance. Do you think Dedede will have fart attacks?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Marshigio said:
They won't add a good Kirby guy at this point, because they all suck. There isn't a new Kirby game slated to release soon is there? We already said why there won't be anymore good guys from Kirby.

Well I told you that Im being realistic. And you don't know, maybe theres going to be a good guy in the 2 games thats coming out.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I was ASKING if there were going to be any new Kirby games, not saying there weren't going to be. I still doubt they'll add one of Kirby's friends, but we'll see after those games come out and who is in it.

Out of all the friends Kirby has now, none of them deserve a spot in Brawl over Dedede.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshigio said:

btw t!MmY, I'd think he'd be a mix of the Ice Climbers and Wario.
Dude, the guy who's making SSBB is one of the guys who MAKES Kirby games, or at least he used to.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
What does that have to do with anything? I already knew that.

Sakurai said he doesn't want to put in too many of his own characters(which can explain why there aren't many Earthbound characters either) in, King DeDeDe would make 3 people from the Kirby series. He's also one of (if not the 2nd most) important characters in the Kirby games.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I say yay for Dedede in Brawl, as well as Kirby's other villian, Marx. Is there a Marx thread floating on here at the boards?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Black/Light said:
Well Im just being realistic. From looking at the game (SSBM) I we can see that in every series the good guy characters out number the bad. Why would they change that for Kirby? Why not? IDK but its realistic not to think theres going to be more bad then good guys for any one series in SSBB.
First off Dedede's never really been a bad guy. He's more like a Rival. In the original Kirby game, they were both out to protect Dreamland, just in different ways. Dedede's not a villian; that's something you should learn.

And, Seeing that Kirby's one of Nintendo's first franchises to become a full series, with more games even than Starfox, I think three Kirby characters isn't overboard. Sakurai said he was reluctant to put too many of his creations into Melee, but now it seems that feeling has changed.

With his prominence on Sakurai's poll, Dedede's at the top of the popular crowd or characters like Diddy Kong, Ridley, Krystal and Geno. He's highly requested and Very Likely to appear. I just hope he doesn't bump the Ice Climbers off of the selection screen.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Dedede isn't really evil

[spoilers]

He's usually possessed by someone

[end spoilers]

By the way, how do you use spoiler tags

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Go to, "Add Reply" (NOT Quick Reply).
Look right above where you're typing, at the end there will be and S with a line through it.
Look to the right of that, now click that thing that has an A and something else next to it and type what you want.

It should come up black when you reply.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
First off Dedede's never really been a bad guy. He's more like a Rival. In the original Kirby game, they were both out to protect Dreamland, just in different ways. Dedede's not a villian; that's something you should learn.

And, Seeing that Kirby's one of Nintendo's first franchises to become a full series, with more games even than Starfox, I think three Kirby characters isn't overboard. Sakurai said he was reluctant to put too many of his creations into Melee, but now it seems that feeling has changed.

With his prominence on Sakurai's poll, Dedede's at the top of the popular crowd or characters like Diddy Kong, Ridley, Krystal and Geno. He's highly requested and Very Likely to appear. I just hope he doesn't bump the Ice Climbers off of the selection screen.
good point. and then in Nightmare in Dream Land, he seemed like the main villian, but he was trying to save Dream Land from Nightmare.

but yes to dedede to represent the kirby series next.

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
I want D x3 in!!! I'll think of a quick moveset.

B=Suck up-Can either spit out opponent to cause damage or continue pressing B to chew on them
Side b=Hammer toss-throws a hammer in that direction
Down b=....not sure
Up b=Sky high-Sends Dx3 flying in the air causing minimal damage

Black/Light

Smash Master
I say Nay just because I don't like him. . . .But I don't care as long as my favs get in.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
His UpB would have to be his ground slam. He flattens himself, launches into the air, and lands with incredible force, shooting out stars.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I'm mostly just concerned about Dedede's size. It wouldn't seem right to make him bowsers size, because then his hammer would pale in comparison to his body size. Making him a little bigger and wider than Mario seems perfect, but then you have to disregard his comparitive size to Kirby, and Metaknight. However that's no crime what with, Kirby's supposed size being siz inches tall...I don't know, I just hope his size is closer to Mario's than Bowsers, but definitely a little bigger than IC's.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm mostly just concerned about Dedede's size. It wouldn't seem right to make him bowsers size, because then his hammer would pale in comparison to his body size. Making him a little bigger and wider than Mario seems perfect, but then you have to disregard his comparitive size to Kirby, and Metaknight. However that's no crime what with, Kirby's supposed size being siz inches tall...I don't know, I just hope his size is closer to Mario's than Bowsers, but definitely a little bigger than IC's.
there's no way he'd be Bowser sized. Your comparison to Mario's size is about right.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
meta knights not a straight up bad guy naither is Dedede(hey for short you can call him Triple D!) They both help kirby.....and try to kill him......But you know what mean. I SAY A GREAT YAY

y? penguins rock! AND THIS ONES GOT A PIMP SUIT AND HAMMER!

Eaode

Smash Champion
Dedede rocks. And fyi, neither Dedede or meta Knight are really true villains. Dedede is just selfish sometimes. And meta knight is an honorable warrior, he's just kirby's rival sorta.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Yay having a character that has a weapon that ISNT a sword(a big hammer) would be awesome. he could be like a cross between donkey kong kirby and ganon9weird combination huh?)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say yay, I dont really cant see another Kirby character that can actually be in brawl, since metknight is already in, he deserves a shot, after all hes very popular XD...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'm really glad I put Basement on my ignore list and can now not see his posts. Only a little thing saying "The Basement Dweller poster here, but he's a n00b". Because I'll bet he said some dumb reason why DeDeDe shouldn't be in the game.

DeDeDe for Brawl!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Metaknight is good enough Kirby doesn't need three after all he is the only main character really.
Enough? Kirby is Nintendo's 5th or 6th best selling franchise, 3 characters would be the right amount, so Kirby does need three, and so what if he's the main character, and copnsidering Metaknight and Dedede play important roles in practically every Kirby game, they are main characters to, your logic fails hard.
I'm really glad I put Basement on my ignore list and can now not see his posts. Only a little thing saying "The Basement Dweller poster here, but he's a n00b". Because I'll bet he said some dumb reason why DeDeDe shouldn't be in the game.
You are all knowing.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Metaknight is good enough Kirby doesn't need three after all he is the only main character really.
Why would anyone just settle for one when they could have more? This entire message board confuses me to no end. Whenever anyone suggests adding more characters to the roster, or contributing more little tweaks to the formula, so many people refuse, and say something like what Basement here said.

Why? Why do you refuse more of a good thing? There are Three totally viable Kirby characters staring you in the face, each of whom would make an excellent entry in Smash Bros., and you refuse to accept one of them. This is baffling.

Back on topic:
King Dedede is actually the character that I assume would have gotten in BEFORE Metaknight. As cool as MK is, he is usually just a recurring sub-boss. Dedede is usually the final Boss, or the penultimate boss.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
How many characters are really important in the Kirby just three and two are already in Brawl so they don't need the third. 2/3 is better than any other franchise. Next you'll be wanting Rick or something stupid like that. Wait Dedede is stupid I guess I was too late.

Top Bottom