• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede yay or nay

Iggy K

Smash Ace
How many characters are really important in the Kirby just three and two are already in Brawl so they don't need the third. 2/3 is better than any other franchise. Next you'll be wanting Rick or something stupid like that. Wait Dedede is stupid I guess I was too late.
Are you some kind of ******? If there's a very important character to the franchise then that character should be in, and that's Dedede. Dedede's stupid? Thank you for that pointless comment that does nothing to help your argument at all.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ok, most bashers ignore what are the main reason for a character to become newcomer: The importance to his franchise.

Kirby, Dedede and Metaknight are the main pillars to their franchise, so they must to be in. If there wasn't a Dedede or a Metaknight in the games, the series wouldn't be the same. As for Peach or Bowser to the Mario franchise, as for Link, Zelda and Ganon in the Zelda franchise... These characters need rep in Brawl and that's what they are aiming for in this one.

Dedede is pretty much confirmed up to this point. He is a shoe-in.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah it does I don't like him so I don't have to agree with him being in Brawl and he should have been in instead of Metaknight as he is a bigger character, but Meteknight is cooler and is already in so no Dedede this is a game for all Nintendo's franchises and not just Kirby. If Dededegets in it will take away from another franchise that should be represented instead of re-representing the same one over and over again.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
That's nice, btu sticks and stones Tirkaro sticks and stones. Personal insults can't phase me I mean I lost all my feelings in the war. It was the only casualty and they weren't important anyway I'm better of being a jaded annoying sob.:laugh: This one deserves two laughs actually so.:laugh: :laugh:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I have no idea what you just said because I put you on my ignore list :>

but I am 99.99999999999% certain you said something noobish and trollish, so I'll give you one last

bbb

Smash Champion
I <3 myself

/r/ing to get back on topic plz. King DeDeDe would be good cuz it would close the holy trinity of Kirby characters.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He shouldn't be in and representation should spread between the other franchises that aren't represented in Melee that way it would attract a more diverse crowd thus increasing the sale of the game.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
So I guess that means Peach can't be in the game because Mario already has another good guy with him, and I guess it also that means there doesn't need to be another Fire Emblem hero because there's already Marth.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
She was already in melee so she should return. Before they add more characters from the same franchise other franchises should be represented. Keep all the Melee characters and spread out the newspots between many franchises. Clones are an exception all should go except Roy and Ganon who could be tweaked. Falco I would say should stay, but people want Krystal and Wolf so if they both get in he should go.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Those characters were already in melee so they should come back but they shouldnt put in two of Kirby's villans before at least giving other games representation. Peach has her own title game so thats ok. Fire Emblem might lose Roy in brawl Im not sure so should get another to put in if he is gone.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
The two of you make a great point about other franchises needing representation...

...but not a single Dedede supporter won't settle for him being a trophy again. A pink puffball and a chivalrous knight won't be enough to represent the Kirby franchise.

And Dedede fail as a villain? Pfft... please. Make some sense around here.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
kirby is one of the more important of nintendo franchises. it needs a lot more rep then just kirby and metaknight. plus dedede is not a villan, he is more of an anti-hero. I think someone is just a pinguen hater dawg. also, dedede deserved to be in more than meta-kight, because he appeared in ALL the kirby games. not putting the more major "villan", yet keeping in a secondary villan is just stupid.
(yeah, I decided to turn off the ignore thing, I cant stand being blinded)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He is a villian. I belive they made a cartoon of Kirby wacth that he is a villian there. Just be sure to have the remote in hand as it will make your eyes bleed. Stinkin' Y rated garbage cluttering the t.v. stations.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, but nightmare is a shapeshifter so they couldn't make him easily and Metaknight got in because he was probably more popular. Regardless Kirby only needs two characters and Dedede was the better choice I will give you that, but Metaknight is allready in so tough luck for Dedede fans. Metaknights cooler in my opinion so I'm happy they didn't put Dedede in retrospect of the whole situation.

kaid

Smash Master
Plus, Sakurai created Kirby, Metaknight, and Dedede. Since this will be his last Smash Game, it's highly likely he'll put them all in while he stil can.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Plus, Sakurai created Kirby, Metaknight, and Dedede. Since this will be his last Smash Game, it's highly likely he'll put them all in while he stil can.
QFT. I'm sure Sakurai won't be too cautious about adding his own creations this time into Smash.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
How do you know it will be the last Smash game and he created other characters aswell so he may decide to add them instead of Dedede.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
basement dweller, dedede was THE, and I mean THE, most requested character in the japanese poll. that makes him a shoo in, whether you like it or not. hell, we should just consider him a confirmed character now.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
If he was a "shoo in" he would have already been confirmed instead of Metaknight or would have been confirmed with the others.

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, if you take a look on the Melee poll, you'll see that Dedede was one of the top requested characters (he was ranked 4th with 46 votes, below Wario, Peach and Bowser). In the same poll, Sakurai states that the top requested characters like Mewtwo, Peach, Wario, Koopa and Dedede were planned for SSB64 but they got problems. Then, in Melee, he didn't put any of his characters besides Kirby because he gave more priority to other people's characters.

Brawl time; Dedede is now the most requested character and that's because the japanese anime gave a great boost to the Kirby franchise, being Metaknight (already in) and Dedede, along with Kirby, the main stars of the show. And as I said before, you can't put Metaknight without putting Dedede first, the Kirby franchise without Dedede is inconceivable and that's why he will be in FOR SURE with his rocking battle theme and his ring stage (alternate stage for Little Mac, do you get the idea?).

This is like 2+2 for me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yes it does, Kirby is a huge series.

I still don't understand what you get out of going into every single topic and disagreeing with whatever it is. Eventually, you'll mess up and I'll just ban your account. And when you make a new one I'll just IP ban you. You'll probably end up dragging down zombie with you, and I personally can't wait.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Is that a threat I detect McFoxy and if it is that's not very nice you could have hurt my little feelings you know luckily I don't care or I'd be a wreck. You are just like everyone else here McFoxy and by being like everyone else I mean being a little too high strung relax kick off your shoes and enjoy the boards I do. Anyway so as not to spam 2/3 is one of the highest ratios of included to non-included, so I don't think 100% of their major characters should be included so no I would not support the a third character from the Kirby series even if it was Kirby I don't think.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Is that a threat I detect McFoxy and if it is that's not very nice you could have hurt my little feelings you know luckily I don't care or I'd be a wreck. You are just like everyone else here McFoxy and by being like everyone else I mean being a little too high strung relax kick off your shoes and enjoy the boards I do. Anyway so as not to spam 2/3 is one of the highest ratios of included to non-included, so I don't think 100% of their major characters should be included so no I would not support the a third character from the Kirby series even if it was Kirby I don't think.
God you cocky little ******* do you ever get tired of being annoying? You freakin trolls really have nothing better to do than disagree with people you've never met?

Also stop saying Mcfoxy it sounds like something a stupid elementary school bully would say.

btw your enjoyment of the boards is the cause of so much unhappiness.

you really are a basement dweller aren't you.

And for god's sake kirby is one of the most famous faces in nintendo and you're practically calling him a cameo.

God you suck.

Top Bottom