King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Basically, yeah.

Guess we can't count on them being the obligatory first-party for this pass anymore.
oh well that sucks, i kinda feel bad for fans of the ring fit adventurer too.

Laniv

Smash Lord
It is kinda weird that luigi's mansion 3 has been skipped over, almost 5 months after release

either they're saving it for a halloween spirit event this year, or

he is coming...

1583934280856.png

Crystaljiggs

Smash Apprentice
Or the next event could be LM3 because ring fit released before LM3 but after the other first party games so yikes but if it never happens #kingbooisin

Sigran101

Smash Champion
NNID
Sigran101
I really think he's coming. I was saying with three houses that it was really weird we didn't have a spirit event and look what happened. The only threat is Halloween. If there's no LM3 spirit event by the end of October then he's all but confirmed imo. I think he'll be announced before then though.

I really hope it's on the 26th. I don't know how much longer I can wait. That said, I doubt King Boo would open the pass. I'm very confident that he's in, but I'm thinking he's likely 7, 8, or 9.
Agreed, if anything they'd save him for much later, and let some third parties have their time in the sun first.

At any rate, this odd piece of news could provide us with a possible clue for news next week: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...academy_might_be_released_on_switch_next_week
Then again, the Indie World aired a day before Jeff's projected date, so it could be any time after Monday.

On a side note, the FP2 card has been released in Japan:

Last edited:
I see ARMS as only a good thing. There's even a good chance the spirit argument will be dead for good.

Maybe this an indicator of more first parties to come! Maybe this pass will be for characters who fans say fit better as a "base game pick"

Sigran101

Smash Champion
NNID
Sigran101
After thinking about it, I think ARMS is great for King Boo. That said, if more first parties are getting in, Rex is next. Sakurai said ARMS and Xenoblade 2 just missed the deadline, so I'd say he's a shoo in. If there's a third first party though, it's King Boo for sure. We're going on 6 months since release with no LM3 Spirits. It's far past suspicious at this point.