• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Basically, yeah.

Guess we can't count on them being the obligatory first-party for this pass anymore.
oh well that sucks, i kinda feel bad for fans of the ring fit adventurer too.

Laniv

Smash Lord
It is kinda weird that luigi's mansion 3 has been skipped over, almost 5 months after release

either they're saving it for a halloween spirit event this year, or

he is coming...

1583934280856.png

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Or the next event could be LM3 because ring fit released before LM3 but after the other first party games so yikes but if it never happens #kingbooisin

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really think he's coming. I was saying with three houses that it was really weird we didn't have a spirit event and look what happened. The only threat is Halloween. If there's no LM3 spirit event by the end of October then he's all but confirmed imo. I think he'll be announced before then though.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I assume the direct will be on the 26th i hope king boo is in boys
I really hope it's on the 26th. I don't know how much longer I can wait. That said, I doubt King Boo would open the pass. I'm very confident that he's in, but I'm thinking he's likely 7, 8, or 9.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I really hope it's on the 26th. I don't know how much longer I can wait. That said, I doubt King Boo would open the pass. I'm very confident that he's in, but I'm thinking he's likely 7, 8, or 9.
Agreed, if anything they'd save him for much later, and let some third parties have their time in the sun first.

At any rate, this odd piece of news could provide us with a possible clue for news next week: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...academy_might_be_released_on_switch_next_week
Then again, the Indie World aired a day before Jeff's projected date, so it could be any time after Monday.

On a side note, the FP2 card has been released in Japan:

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
no spirit event for LM3 again we had a pink event thing so ya king boo gang keeps on winning

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I see ARMS as only a good thing. There's even a good chance the spirit argument will be dead for good.

Maybe this an indicator of more first parties to come! Maybe this pass will be for characters who fans say fit better as a "base game pick"

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
After thinking about it, I think ARMS is great for King Boo. That said, if more first parties are getting in, Rex is next. Sakurai said ARMS and Xenoblade 2 just missed the deadline, so I'd say he's a shoo in. If there's a third first party though, it's King Boo for sure. We're going on 6 months since release with no LM3 Spirits. It's far past suspicious at this point.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crossing gets a Spirit event too. Weird that LM3 still isn't covered.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The more I think about it, the more I think Halloween isn't a potential issue. LM3 came out on Halloween after all. If they wanted to do a Halloween spirit event with it they could have just done it at launch. As far as I know, the only delayed release spirit event was Astral Chain, which came out around the same time as LM3. And that spirit event happened ages ago. Considering how well the game did, spirits have to be coming one way or another. The only situation that makes sense is that King Boo is coming.

P.S. hype police please do not respond. I am an adult who is capable of surviving being wrong about a video game. I'm looking at you fogbadge.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The more I think about it, the more I think Halloween isn't a potential issue. LM3 came out on Halloween after all. If they wanted to do a Halloween spirit event with it they could have just done it at launch. As far as I know, the only delayed release spirit event was Astral Chain, which came out around the same time as LM3. And that spirit event happened ages ago. Considering how well the game did, spirits have to be coming one way or another. The only situation that makes sense is that King Boo is coming.

P.S. hype police please do not respond. I am an adult who is capable of surviving being wrong about a video game. I'm looking at you fogbadge.
sorry i dont mean to be anti hype, just pragmatic

there is something a little odd about luigis mansion 3 and super mario maker 2 being the only big nintendo games last year not to have events

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I like how this thread is just monitoring spirit events.
Yeah, it's kind of funny. This is literally the singular issue surrounding the character. If they really don't do a spirit event, he's 100% coming. There's no way they would not add LM3 spirits at all. And if they do add the spirits, he's 100% dead for obvious reasons. Every other character has all this other stuff people argue about but with King Boo it's just this one concrete thing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i do admire the optimism in this thread, its quite a contrast to us toad fans whove long since resigned ourselves to our fate

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So trials of Mana is getting a spirit event. Still nothing for one of the top 10 best selling games on the switch. This is more suspicious by the day.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This might be considered a stupid question by you guys but I'm going to ask anyway: Would King Boo be label as a Mario rep if he get's in? I kind of think it would make more sense if he didn't get in until a Smash reboot in where Luigi isn't categorize as a Mario rep anymore but a Luigi's Mansion rep. It sounds very stupid, but it kind of makes sense. It would be like if DK, Yoshi, and Wario were categorize as Mario reps in the game but characters like Diddy and K. Rool still got in and they're categorize as Mario reps too. It wouldn't make any sense in that retrospect.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This might be considered a stupid question by you guys but I'm going to ask anyway: Would King Boo be label as a Mario rep if he get's in? I kind of think it would make more sense if he didn't get in until a Smash reboot in where Luigi isn't categorize as a Mario rep anymore but a Luigi's Mansion rep. It sounds very stupid, but it kind of makes sense. It would be like if DK, Yoshi, and Wario were categorize as Mario reps in the game but characters like Diddy and K. Rool still got in and they're categorize as Mario reps too. It wouldn't make any sense in that retrospect.
Yes, he'd be a Mario rep. No, a Smash reboot doesn't make sense (mainly because there's no ongoing plotlines, compared to King of Fighters).

For the longest time, Luigi's Mansion wasn't really established as a series to the point that when it finally got a sequel, it wasn't even called "2" in North America. Also, King Boo shows up in both LM and the regular Mario series enough that Tour had no problem including two versions of his design.

Besides, Smash already does all sorts of things that are a product of their time and don't change that much, simply because we're used to it.

Also also, we're starting to run out of major Mario characters to include that fill the "Mario series newcomer" quota, they barely skirted over it in Brawl by having Wario represent the properly-established WarioWare series.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So trials of Mana is getting a spirit event. Still nothing for one of the top 10 best selling games on the switch. This is more suspicious by the day.
had a funny feeling that id see something like this on here

remind me have we had more than one mario spirit event so far?

Top Bottom