King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Meanwhile, rumors are bubbling about a general Direct seemingly happening on the 20th. Which is likely, seeing that the :ultminmin presentation landed on a Monday, and it's the earliest time that one could be done, if it has to be after Paper Mario releases and before Microsoft shows their first-party offerings, not to mention that it's possibly what would have aired last month if E3 hadn't been cancelled.

Everytime I think about King Boo in Smash it goes something like this:

"Hmmm, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3. This means that King Boo could be coming!"

"But there is still the chance that a spirit event themed around LM3 could still happen. After all, October is still coming up."

"But if they wanted to do a LM3 spirit event, why not do it when the game came out?"

"Because it came out the day of Halloween. They probably thought the timing was too close."

"In that case, why didn't they do the spirit event in the weeks leading up to the game's release?"

"Min Min showed us that spirits don't deconfirm, so what does that mean if there is a LM3 spirit event without a playable King Boo?"

My final thought is to simply wait until October. If there's no spirit event then, we'll know something's off.

"Hmmm, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3. This means that King Boo could be coming!"

"But there is still the chance that a spirit event themed around LM3 could still happen. After all, October is still coming up."

"But if they wanted to do a LM3 spirit event, why not do it when the game came out?"

"Because it came out the day of Halloween. They probably thought the timing was too close."

"In that case, why didn't they do the spirit event in the weeks leading up to the game's release?"

"Min Min showed us that spirits don't deconfirm, so what does that mean if there is a LM3 spirit event without a playable King Boo?"

My final thought is to simply wait until October. If there's no spirit event then, we'll know something's off.
Also, it's pretty danged rare for a fighter to coincide with any allegedly meaningful date at all (if it's not solely on the Western end of things, even then).

Last edited:

id still advise caution, remember this could also apply to e.gadd, polterpup and gooigi

The gooigi rumor is from some user named fatmanonice and the 14th is from some person that works at gamestop showing something for the 14th could be a direct because ive been told this has happened before a direct so hmm
1594441841612.png

Top Bottom