• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Well, everyone, another week, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3, this time based on Octopath Traveler!

1594225757573.png

I am beginning to get cautiously optimistic about King Boo

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, rumors are bubbling about a general Direct seemingly happening on the 20th. Which is likely, seeing that the :ultminmin presentation landed on a Monday, and it's the earliest time that one could be done, if it has to be after Paper Mario releases and before Microsoft shows their first-party offerings, not to mention that it's possibly what would have aired last month if E3 hadn't been cancelled.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Everytime I think about King Boo in Smash it goes something like this:

"Hmmm, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3. This means that King Boo could be coming!"

"But there is still the chance that a spirit event themed around LM3 could still happen. After all, October is still coming up."

"But if they wanted to do a LM3 spirit event, why not do it when the game came out?"

"Because it came out the day of Halloween. They probably thought the timing was too close."

"In that case, why didn't they do the spirit event in the weeks leading up to the game's release?"

"Min Min showed us that spirits don't deconfirm, so what does that mean if there is a LM3 spirit event without a playable King Boo?"

My final thought is to simply wait until October. If there's no spirit event then, we'll know something's off.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

"Hmmm, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3. This means that King Boo could be coming!"

"But there is still the chance that a spirit event themed around LM3 could still happen. After all, October is still coming up."

"But if they wanted to do a LM3 spirit event, why not do it when the game came out?"

"Because it came out the day of Halloween. They probably thought the timing was too close."

"In that case, why didn't they do the spirit event in the weeks leading up to the game's release?"

"Min Min showed us that spirits don't deconfirm, so what does that mean if there is a LM3 spirit event without a playable King Boo?"

My final thought is to simply wait until October. If there's no spirit event then, we'll know something's off.
Also, it's pretty danged rare for a fighter to coincide with any allegedly meaningful date at all (if it's not solely on the Western end of things, even then).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

id still advise caution, remember this could also apply to e.gadd, polterpup and gooigi

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Ive been hearing rumors on potentially a direct on the 14th or the 20th and a gooigi mii costume but we shall see if this happens could help the king boo movement

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
The gooigi rumor is from some user named fatmanonice and the 14th is from some person that works at gamestop showing something for the 14th could be a direct because ive been told this has happened before a direct so hmm
1594441841612.png

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Sadly no but ive been told by people about this person he is a speculator but not a leaker so take it with a grain of salt if you find him

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Welp we may be 1 day away from the direct i hope king boo is in but holy god all this geno info is scarying me and its looking like dlc 7 is a mario rep. Fyi its looking like a shadow drop like in march

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well theres a direct but its a short one so im not counting on the next character

but heres a topic ive been meaning to bring up. whar size do you think king boo should be in smash? in the first LM he's the size of a regular boo and smaller than luigi in the next two hes much bigger than luigi. so do you think he should be a big or a small character

Laniv

Smash Lord
well theres a direct but its a short one so im not counting on the next character

but heres a topic ive been meaning to bring up. whar size do you think king boo should be in smash? in the first LM he's the size of a regular boo and smaller than luigi in the next two hes much bigger than luigi. so do you think he should be a big or a small character
Definitely a big character, ideally slightly smaller than dedede or donkey kong

Laniv

Smash Lord
So in King Boo's spirit board, would you rather it be focused on characters from Luigi's Mansion 1 or from Luigi's Mansion 3?

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
So in King Boo's spirit board, would you rather it be focused on characters from Luigi's Mansion 1 or from Luigi's Mansion 3?
I'd honestly like an even mix of characters from all three games. It'd provide some nice variety that way.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They could use the 32 luigi's mansion spirits in the spirit board similar to what happened with Arms, Heck, The E.Gadd Spirit could get a fight.

Laniv

Smash Lord
They could use the 32 luigi's mansion spirits in the spirit board similar to what happened with Arms, Heck, The E.Gadd Spirit could get a fight.
32? Unless I missed something, I'm only counting 4...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
everything ive heard says the king boo in sunshine is not meant to be same one from luigi's mansion. all the other king boos are however
This is correct.

King Boo in sunshine actually has the Japanese name "Boss Boo", he's not the same person.

Strangely in Super Mario 64 DS, the real King Boo had his own name mistranslated as Big Boo. Despite very obviously being King Boo and being different from the other Big Boos in the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is correct.

King Boo in sunshine actually has the Japanese name "Boss Boo", he's not the same person.

Strangely in Super Mario 64 DS, the real King Boo had his own name mistranslated as Big Boo. Despite very obviously being King Boo and being different from the other Big Boos in the game.
bit funny that, but they seem to have gotten since then

Top Bottom