• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing with UTilt, BThrow, or other Underused kill moves

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Dsmash can kill, but the odds of actually landing it is slim to none. Whereas you can tech chase will moves such as Dtilt and rack up damage. Overall Utilt and Dtilt are better moves in my opinion.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
i've yet to have trouble getting a kill with dsmash, it depends on how you're using it. if you're spamming it in hopes to get a kill then you're doing it wrong. its a punisher man trust me.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Its funny to have people tech the windmill on PS1 and hit them again.

Its also funny to survive longer against a Snake thanks to that windmill.

Has anyone ever had the flame of FP kill? (Or use it as a gimp?) I could potentially see it plausable against a Marth since you have to hit the middle of the flame to cling.

I remember watching a stream and a Lucario's third jab killed at the edge of SV.

I've also played with the idea of using the charge of AS to gimp a Pit using the Wings of Icarus, but never tried it, due to the lol risk. It might be a possibility against Olimar too, hmmm...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Has anyone ever had the flame of FP kill? (Or use it as a gimp?) I could potentially see it plausable against a Marth since you have to hit the middle of the flame to cling.

I remember watching a stream and a Lucario's third jab killed at the edge of SV.

I've also played with the idea of using the charge of AS to gimp a Pit using the Wings of Icarus, but never tried it, due to the lol risk. It might be a possibility against Olimar too, hmmm...
Once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=361saFRYvFc#t=1m59s

also it's not good to try using AS charge to gimp vs olimar. His tether has a hitbox that's a strong stagespike

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ASC in general is very risky to use. The only thing that cancels it offstage is air dodge, has small range, and if you miss, you're in a pretty tight spot. You might as well nair since that has a long hitbox, more range, and is probably just a little more reliable (still also puts you in a bad position though)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I use Dsmash to catch people off guard when they do something silly.

I've killed with Utilt, just gotta pay attention to the % of Lucario and the opponent.

5ive

Smash Champion
Players who are good, generally.
Oh sorry, last time I checked you can only tech when you're in hitstun while you're hitting the ground OR when you refrain from airdodging UNTIL you hit the ground. It's never the best option, and more importantly, it's never the ONLY option. If you press R or L when you AREN'T in hitstun, you airdodge.

You guys are mistaking tech chasing for good reading. Generally when you techchase, the person has to, well, tech. And who techs in Brawl? I don't know. I never see someone actually chase a tech, but I've seen a lot of good airdodge and DI reads. Generally, hitstun ends well before you land. And the teching window/system is ****ed up anyways.

I play Brawl+ and Melee. I may be jumping to conclusions, but Brawl players who play with me never have the techchasing aspect down. The reasons stated above are why. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but techchasing never was important in Brawl.

Oh and get up rolls/get-up attacks aren't techchases for those confused.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
Oh sorry, last time I checked you can only tech, when you're in hitstun while you're hitting the ground. It's never the best option, and more importantly, it's never the ONLY option. If you press R or L when you AREN'T in hitstun, you airdodge.

You guys are mistaking tech chasing for good reading. Generally when you techchase, the person has to, well, tech. And who techs in Brawl? I don't know. I never see someone actually chase a tech, but I've seen a lot of good airdodge and DI reads. Generally, hitstun ends well before you land. And the teching window/system is ****ed up anyways.

I play Brawl+ and Melee. I may be jumping to conclusions, but Brawl players who play with me never have the techchasing aspect down. The reasons stated above are why. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but techchasing never was important in Brawl.
too long did not read.

lol why are u talking to brawlers?
they is scrubs

Lucian

Smash Cadet
I have never Killed anybody with my Utilt T.T I see Utilt *** a better combo starter at low damage, and at high just get off me. I also think that Lucarios USmash is under used, that move is a great finisher ( get the **** off my stage) =)

napZzz

Smash Hero
pretty sure disciple kills me with these moves when hey's got that aura flowin and i'm gettin high. Pretty legitimate options imo

I stage spike with utilt, Nappy knows.
<___________________<

AND I STAGE SPIKE WITH C4

Lucian

Smash Cadet
Stage spiking with Dair is on of my favorite things to do =) I play around with Snake to but I've never stage spiked someone with C4, sounds awsome.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont see any grenade... or anything that set off that second explosion :/ (its the second kill btw)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
man Dsmash is lame.

it may be quick, but it has bad range and it isnt safe. and Uptilt makes a better roll punisher imo.
What?

That's pretty much the opposite of what I would say to describe it.

Sure it doesn't have F-smash range, but the range on it isn't bad. And it's actually pretty safe on block/whiff.

But the startup is TRASH.

So honestly I think it's more useful than say....Ganon's D-air lol.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
What?

That's pretty much the opposite of what I would say to describe it.

Sure it doesn't have F-smash range, but the range on it isn't bad. And it's actually pretty safe on block/whiff.

But the startup is TRASH.

So honestly I think it's more useful than say....Ganon's D-air lol.
its actually fast startup looking at his other smashes.

its not safe on block unless the opponent waxed his shoes.

Lucian

Smash Cadet
It's really awesome watching D. Disciple and Nappy duke it out on youtube, really cool texture hacks I really like the music. Recentally I have felt that I hit a brick wall with Lucario, but watching you guys and some other good Lucario players makes me really excited to excel my Lucario game =)

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
U-tilt is definitely a good kill move if you know you're guaranteed the kill if the hit lands. Usually if you miss the first time, you can usually throw out another U-tilt since most opponents will lock themselves into their shields.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I love Up-Air and I do get kills with it. The key is abusing the hitbox but that's story of Lucario's life.

My Lucario is fairly diverse and I try to keep in mind off of his tools during the match.

Nair is difficult to kill with but I do tend to use more on stages with smaller horizontal blastzones. Makes a nifty surprise off stage kill lol.

Never really tried to kill someone with up-tilt though. I like this thread personally.

Steam

Smash Hero
I get more kills with UAir than I get with Aurasphere, I think Uair is our best aerial killer unless our dair is fresh.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Curse you Steam and your furry occult brainwashing lol. Seriously though I think I'll give him another shot. I think D3 and Luc cover each other well except Metaknight.

Lucian

Smash Cadet
I personaly love killing with Upair it's so fun, and if that fails you always have the F-Smash =).
For Uptilt to kill they usally needs to be at 150 to 170 damage, but it's a good killer if you have a full aura bost.

Top Bottom