• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Has anyone put together a big weapon info dump?
Like with weapon stats like range, damage and melee damage for all the types of firing abilities?
Can someone get me some links please :o?
I have been working on a google doc. It's not done yet, but I have a good chunk of stuff down. If you have any weapons you can put up that would be awesome. Seriously guys doing this by myself takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Also I probably can't/shouldn't play this week. So I'm not gonna update it anytime soon.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Woah that's awesome 0_o
For the people who have experience with this game, please help him finish this.
This would be so helpful :O

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I'd contribute, but I have no idea what I'm looking at. o-0
Plus I only have experience with a few weapons.

EDIT: I have unlocked every weapon in the game though. Got the Hades checklist box for aquiring them all. x3
So I guess I could help a bit if you explain what I need to do?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
It's basically naked weapon data. It shows the damage dealt by weapons with 0 stars and no mods, as well as the range.

Theres a checklist at the bottom of the first page that shows whats been done and what hasn't.

Theres also a section for notes under each weapon, which explains is supposed to explain unique weapon properties such as if it can cause freeze or not, or if the shots don't have homing etc. Mostly I've been using it to say, "these shots bounce which makes the range really annoying to measure, so the distance shown shows how far it travels if it locks onto an enemy."

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I still dont understand at all o-o
Maybe I could study some weapons and just PM you the details, and let you add them when you have the time? Its not much, but its at least a little bit less work for you.
Er.. I actually have no weapons without stars or modifiers. o-o

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Hrmm ok. Here is some of the data for the First Blade.

Range
Standing (Total Damage) 2.3 (135) 27 m
Standing Ch. 16.8 - 28 41 m

This shows the damage dealt by the First Blades standing uncharged shot (the rapid fire) and the the standing charged shot, as well as how far the shots travel.

Each uncharged standing shot deals 2.3 damage. The number in the parenthesis shows the amount of damage done if you hit with all of the shots (hold down the shoot button until Pit stops firing for a bit to fire all of the shots.) It also travels 27 meters, as shown by the number on the right.

Standing charged shot info is displayed the same way but with 2 differences. First off, it shows a range of damage: "16.8 - 28" This means that at 41 meters, the farthest you can be from the enemy and still hit him, you will deal 16.8 damage to him, and when at point blank range, you will deal 28 damage to him. There is no total damage shown because the First Blades charged shot only hits once.

Also the point of a google doc is that anyone can edit it. If you study weapons and want to add stuff like, "Eyetrack Orbitars have really good homing, but move very slowly" you can add it yourself in the notes section below Eyetrack Orbitars. You don't need to PM me that lol.

Also I get the feeling I'm not conveying this properly. You DON'T need a weapon that has 0 stars and no mods in everything. Say you have a weapon that has 0 stars in melee but 5 stars in range, you can just measure the melee (Which is the easiest thing to measure btw), but leave the range data blank to do later.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Hrmm ok. Here is some of the data for the First Blade.

Range
Standing (Total Damage) 2.3 (135) 27 m
Standing Ch. 16.8 - 28 41 m

This shows the damage dealt by the First Blades standing uncharged shot (the rapid fire) and the the standing charged shot, as well as how far the shots travel.

Each uncharged standing shot deals 2.3 damage. The number in the parenthesis shows the amount of damage done if you hit with all of the shots (hold down the shoot button until Pit stops firing for a bit to fire all of the shots.) It also travels 27 meters, as shown by the number on the right.

Standing charged shot info is displayed the same way but with 2 differences. First off, it shows a range of damage: "16.8 - 28" This means that at 41 meters, the farthest you can be from the enemy and still hit him, you will deal 16.8 damage to him, and when at point blank range, you will deal 28 damage to him. There is no total damage shown because the First Blades charged shot only hits once.

Also the point of a google doc is that anyone can edit it. If you study weapons and want to add stuff like, "Eyetrack Orbitars have really good homing, but move very slowly" you can add it yourself in the notes section below Eyetrack Orbitars. You don't need to PM me that lol.

Also I get the feeling I'm not conveying this properly. You DON'T need a weapon that has 0 stars and no mods in everything. Say you have a weapon that has 0 stars in melee but 5 stars in range, you can just measure the melee (Which is the easiest thing to measure btw), but leave the range data blank to do later.
What about dash shots? They deal different damages and have different properties

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Dash shot is basically done the same way, but for uncharged shots you would the number of shots that come out during a dash shot instead of the total damage.

More First Blade:

Forward (# of hits) 8.7 - 14.5 (3 hits) 38 m
Forward Ch. 24.8 - 40.6 53 m

Forward uncharged dash attacks deal 8.7 damage at 38 m, 14.5 at point blank, fires 3 bullets when you use it.

Forward charged dash attacks deal 24.8 damage at 53 m and deals 40.6 damage at point blank.

If a shot had some sort of gimmick, like the Guardian Orbitar shields, you'd put a star * next to the damage output or range and say something like, "Charged shots make giant shields which hit multiple times and block projectiles" in the little notes section on the bottom.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I got around to answering one of my lingering questions, partially, and proving the "online champion" wrong.

Range stars do not affect shot distance. I'm not sure yet if they have any effect on homing, but that's doubtful.
I tested Sagittarius bows and jetstream orbs, two of each with a 2+ range star difference, and all shot distances were identical.

Next steps are to test a few more weapons and try to test homing.

:phone:

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I got around to answering one of my lingering questions, partially, and proving the "online champion" wrong.

Range stars do not affect shot distance. I'm not sure yet if they have any effect on homing, but that's doubtful.
I tested Sagittarius bows and jetstream orbs, two of each with a 2+ range star difference, and all shot distances were identical.

Next steps are to test a few more weapons and try to test homing.

Erm... I thought it was obvious that it only affected damage. O: Modifiers are for homing, range, combo, etc

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Yes, all the stars do is add damage, only the added effect shot range affects the actual shot range.
Also I'm new to this forum, although I played Uprising all last week and pretty much am at 95%+ completion. So I'll help around where I can and join some matches with you guys. You all sound pretty good, I hope I don't do too bad :p

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
There are mods that affect damage though, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

I doubt stars affect anything other than damage though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Erm... I thought it was obvious that it only affected damage. O: Modifiers are for homing, range, combo, etc
It seemed obvious, yes, but the damage difference is pretty small for ranged attacks, from what I had heard.. Also going to do some testing on that.

The "online champion" also mentioned something about stars increasing range and homing, which I didn't believe but still thought it should be tested out.

Silver star, post your friend code and join up when we do matches. May do more tonight. My friend code has been posted a few times and is in my sig.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Mine is actually in my sig as well, but I'll put it up here for good measure.
0473-7784-2867
As for everyone elses FCs... I guess I gotta look through quite a few pages.
Anyway, when do you usually start matches? I have lots of homework now that spring break is through.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
It seemed obvious, yes, but the damage difference is pretty small for ranged attacks, from what I had heard.. Also going to do some testing on that.

The "online champion" also mentioned something about stars increasing range and homing, which I didn't believe but still thought it should be tested out.

Silver star, post your friend code and join up when we do matches. May do more tonight. My friend code has been posted a few times and is in my sig.

Yeah but ranged shots generally have quick succession, so only a slight increase is needed to deal a lot more damage.

SilverStar: Ill add you and give you my FC in a bit, after I finish eating this cotton candy xD
EDIT: Adding you now. My FC is 4339-2522-8366
Im only 97.7% done with the game >.< And I suck at multiplayer haha, so you shouldnt do too bad against me :3

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Yah My book says 98.1% although I don't know how that last 2% is gotten.
My treasure hunt is one more window away from 95%, let me tell you those 9.0 chapters are NOT easy-6 of the hardest are left for me.
If ANYONE figures out how to possibly get chapters 18 and 25 done on 9.0, share your secret.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
According to some guys on gamefaqs, total completion is done by collecting weapons, idols, powers, and maybe gold laurels on every level. You don't need to to finish the treasure hunts.

Silver I'll add you.
fc: 4167-4486-3541

That front page really needs to be updated agian.

iLink

Smash Champion
Lol he really thought ranged stars effect the distance and homing?

In other news, just fused a 6 star melee Magnus club with only a 202 value and no negative modifier. Gonna take it for a spin.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Umm. Okay. I just tried Brawler Cloaws for the very first time.
They suck really bad.. But they're my new favorite weapon. xD imply because when I use the continuous fire, I can't help but think.... "GOMU GOMU NO...... GATLING!" xD

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
In other news, just fused a 6 star melee Magnus club with only a 202 value and no negative modifier. Gonna take it for a spin.
I also have a magnus club 6 star melee, but also has 5 star range and it's value is a whopping 301. Not too useful in LvD but it's kicks the heck out of FFA, I usually fall about 12-13 opponents per match. Speaking of which that one video a while back also had a guy using a similar magnus club falling 13 players-maybe I'm an online champ, too...?!

Also for the record range stars on magnus club are useful in the fact that its charge shots, even with their short range, pack a lot of damage and some quality homing, making it an all star weapon for use in FFA imo.

Life

Smash Hero
Yah My book says 98.1% although I don't know how that last 2% is gotten.
My treasure hunt is one more window away from 95%, let me tell you those 9.0 chapters are NOT easy-6 of the hardest are left for me.
If ANYONE figures out how to possibly get chapters 18 and 25 done on 9.0, share your secret.
:pandora: Hard work and determination.

More seriously, my tips for this game boil down entirely to "don't get hit". Just keep at it and you'll be okay.

Specifically for 25, what phase is giving you trouble?

Also, seen on GameFAQs: in Together, activate Pisces Heal and melee a tombstone for a ton of health.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
:pandora: Hard work and determination.
That's what got me through the first 22 chapters on 9.0 (excluding 21 and 18)

Specifically for 25, what phase is giving you trouble?

Also, seen on GameFAQs: in Together, activate Pisces Heal and melee a tombstone for a ton of health.
I keep dying on the one part where his entire chest and arms start spraying every kind of shot at you(I think even his eyes shoot at you as well), I do decent on it but I just can't seem to avoid every shot and I swear I got pretty close to beating it once.

That's pretty cool about the pisces heal as well, I use that on my aurum palm set, I'll try it out sometime.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok big update on star rankings of weapons, and the effect they have on damage.

I did a bunch of testing to find the max damage for all attacks of 5 different sagittarius bows, all with different star values and attributes. I've got a couple big findings from this (all of this only applies to the sag. bow for now, but given how reasonable the results are, I would assume this is true for all weapons)

1. Attribute bonuses more or less = stars.. so +4 dash charge shot is adding roughly the equivalent of 4 stars to those shots. This means you could be doing damage on a 10-star level, if a weapon fuse allowed it (6 stars + +4 attribute bonus).

2. Each star added gives you a mostly linear benefit to each shot (with some variation..possibly do to slight range variations in testing).. so you get the same bonus going from 2 stars to 3 that you get going from 3 stars to 4.

3. Each different attack has a different linear bonus that it gets for each star... melee dash gets more than ranged continuous, for example. This seems reasonably based on the base attack power.

See below for a chart I plotted up real quick for each shot:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Interesting. That makes sense I guess. Wasn't expecting that +1 would equal 1 star though.

That's actually a pretty clever idea. lol

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
That's good to know, especially the mod boosts.

I can kind of confirm the linear star progression. Me and another dude called marneshi on gameFAQS gathered some data on some Burning Palms and found out similar stuff. Each melee star increased the damage output by roughly 27%

I did some more testing and it seemed like the percentage increase might be based on the type of weapon. For example all palms melee power would increase by 27% for each star while say a claw would be 30%. Made that last one up btw. Though I'm not entirely sure about that, I've only tested two other palms and they both increased by about 27% - 28%, so so far it seems accurate, though I only tested 3/12 palms. So I could be wrong.

Slightly unrelated note. I didn't see it posted here so I bring this up. Weapon mods carry over to the angels weapon if you happen to become the angel. Me and my friend were playing last night and became angels and be both froze and petrified each other with weapons that don't do that naturally and we didn't use a power or item. The items we were using before did have Freeze and Petrify mods.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I just noticed that in LvD your weapon actually changes color to which team you're on, pretty cool seeing both a white and black taurus arm of mine.
I also think I just set an online record, winning a match in just under 36 seconds, I could hardly even tell what happened it went by so fast.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I am the bester player ever.

Though, I haven't done much in the 9.0 difficulty department, and have little motivation to.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
9.0 isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Get a good ranged weapon, put on some kick *** powers (like heal 4 and quick charge) and you can pretty much to all the ones you get to use your weapon on. Which is why chapter 18 and 25 are so difficult for me... all those epic weapons to waste getting stuck using magnus against intensity 9 Juggernauts and strongarms that don't get knocked back as well as super arrow spam from the normal centurions.

But other than that one chapter it's A-OK.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Do AR Cards do anything special? I have one called Power of Flight.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
They give you the idol of whatever is on the card, and if you put two of them next to each other with the arrows facing, you can watch a boring turn based RPG-style fight take place.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
AR cards also give you a small amount of Hearts as well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wonder if you get enough of them you could make a card game out of them. xD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I only have 12 of them right now.

Is it cheating to be reading them off my computer through scans? :3

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Power of flight is pit flying he's stronger than regular pit. I only have 7 cards-6 that came with the game and power of flight.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I just want to play when a bunch of people do, or else my attention span will run out fast and I go play some other game. o:

Top Bottom