• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm not in the Kirby Back Room because... wait. Why am I not in there?

Is it because of the Mario avatar?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Meh, being in BRs is usually more trouble than its worth... According to my crewmates, the TL, Pika, DDD and Marth BRs usually have people wasting time and passing the time like if it was a chatroom.

Btw, I'm not in the Kirby BR either, not really having a need to be in there, either... I can post in the boards anything that's worth looking into and have it seen instantly, not like a group (which is usually forgotten about).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A select few groups have productive conversation going on, it's not really meant to be... you know... productive.

More like a hangout for the board's regulars.

Also, HOW is it more trouble than it's worth?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you're as lazy as me, EVERYTHING is more trouble than it's worth... I'm lucky enough to have the willpower to do my responsibilities. ;)

And I have this problem remembering things I can't fit into my schedule or apply on a daily basis... So with groups I join anywhere (or responsibilities newly assigned to me), I forget them amazingly quickly.

PS: I cannot wait any longer for Killswitch Engage's new CD... Their recent new single and its video are simply amazing... My goosebumps won't stop... ;____;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, being in BRs is usually more trouble than its worth... According to my crewmates, the TL, Pika, DDD and Marth BRs usually have people wasting time and passing the time like if it was a chatroom.

Btw, I'm not in the Kirby BR either, not really having a need to be in there, either... I can post in the boards anything that's worth looking into and have it seen instantly, not like a group (which is usually forgotten about).
Actually, it's supposed to be a serious group... Of course, the fact that no one finds anything or mentions anything worthwhile makes it somewhat pointless for about 75% of the time.
That being said, useful stuff is mentioned and looked into the remaining 25% of the time...

A select few groups have productive conversation going on, it's not really meant to be... you know... productive.

More like a hangout for the board's regulars.

It's not supposed to be, we already have a group for that, which itself is also dead.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can see inside every group and I can assure you that most of the other backrooms are as dead or more dead than the Kirby backroom.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Back Rooms were only useful the first month this game was out.

And even then, nobody had one. Maybe the Sonics did.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
this Is :mad::ness2:

clever.

Well, My Little Brother Does. :d

Viper, I Forgot. Did You Ever Tell Me What A "mirror String" Was? O_o
I Think It Was In A Different Thread..i Don't Remember.

yes, Tell Me As Well, And Teach Me This Mirror Style Of Playing...
I Would Love To Learn It.
1 1

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
well, my little brother does. :D

Viper, I forgot. Did you ever tell me what a "mirror string" was? o_o
I think it was in a different thread..I don't remember.
I guess that might be a substitute to play that game.

Also Mirror Strings is basicly Kirby attacks that allows you to attack backwords, and from them into a combo like U-Tilt > B-Air > U-Air > Repeat.

Wasn't it Utilt, Bair, Ftilt?
Hmm, this might be better since F-Tilt can be less punishable if you can land on the ground fast enough.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe if you fastfall the Bair. They might suffer some landing lag.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I've only done that twice with heavy characters. I didn't try with anyone else. ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I can't see that working. o.o
You'd be surprised.

For example, I have found that at low percents, Nair/FF BAir>Ftilt>Fsmash very often works, not because the opponent can't stop it (they don't have a whole lot of time to shield, but it's there), but because they don't see it coming.

That's the great part about Kirby: We have a whole lot of strings, and they can essentially be made up on the fly and still work, or we can substitute moves into existing strings and make them work (IE Dthrow>Utilt>Fthrow>hammer).

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Anyone playing Stafy or Starfy as the US calls it? It plays like Kirby, but a little easier than Kirby games. ♥

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You can get easier than the normal kirby games? :p

General rule of thumb: if Xiivi can complete the game, it's easy.

(I couldn't even get through Super Mario Galaxy. And people call it easy. I suck at video games.)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Didn't the Captain Falcon BR have something called punch time for a while. My friend told me about it and it sounded awesome.
It's also what may have pushed falcon up the tier list.
Not really

I can't see that working. o.o
No airdodge or bad DI helps out a lot./ Fastfalling Bair is also useful. I've gotten it in a couple of times on larger characters.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
i thot it wasnt out yet...but i think i'll skip it, looks to easy/childish. I'll wait for a new Kirby to come out.
It came out two days ago. And this game is very worth playing. It's basicly the fourth Stafy from Japan but got traslated in english for the US.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, games with childish looks are not always bad/childish. Case in point: Psychonauts (possibly the best platforming game I have ever played, and by far the funniest.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Crap, Conker's a close runner up too... forgot about that game.

Hell, Boogerman as well!

EDIT: lol... I beat KSSU in like a day or two.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Does anyone know if its long? I dont feel like spending >$30 for i game i'll beat in a day or 2.
Somethin like KSSU would be great.
If it's anything like Kirby, it'll be obnoxiously short.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Doesn't matter how short they are: Kirby games are a lot of fun! (Even air ride, which I liked the least of them all, despite it being an incredibly fun game.)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Stubbs the zombie was strangely a lot of fun.

But I agree about Kirby games. They are short a lot of times but they are so much fun in the process. Kind of like the Paper Mario games.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Air Ride was dumb*** fun. xD I might play it tonight.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Let me guess, your going to play City Trials when you play Air Ride, right? =3

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Of course.

Modified Jet or Wing Star = <333

tekkie

Smash Master
Crystal Shards was ultimate awesome.

Why they haven't made something in the same vein since then is beyond me.

also you can emulate it now

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Meh, games with childish looks are not always bad/childish.
Conker. <.<
Super Smash Brothers.

EDIT: lol... I beat KSSU in like a day or two.
My little brother has a DS like I said before...one day we went out and one of us bought KSSU, and the other bought Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I still haven't beaten KSSU (I was stuck in some castle and I had no idea where to go next...it was around the part where you can get the Hammer power from that one dude) and I haven't even touched Phantom Hourglass :[

I've never played through a Kirby game LOL I need to step it up. They seem really innovative
I own Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Gameboy Color ftw) and I beat that one. Never got 100% by getting all the rainbow thingies, but whatever.

I don't remember if I beat Kirby 64 or not. I also don't remember if I rented it, or borrowed it from my friend...

Anyway, Kirby 64 was probably my favorite out of the (few) Kirby games I've played.

How is Air Ride? I've heard that it's great, and I've heard that it's terrible.

If it's anything like that Star Wars Pod Racer game for the N64, it's probably so-so.

I started Metroid Prime 3 today :] I rented it once like 1.5 years ago, and I finally bought it recently because it was cheaper than I'd ever seen it before ($30 for a used copy, $40 was the cheapest I had previously seen)

It's hard to get used to the controls for some reason.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I started Metroid Prime 3 today :] I rented it once like 1.5 years ago, and I finally bought it recently because it was cheaper than I'd ever seen it before ($30 for a used copy, $40 was the cheapest I had previously seen)

It's hard to get used to the controls for some reason.
Metriod Prime Trilogy is coming out this fall.... It will have all three Metriod Prime games for $50... Maybe you already have the other two though.

Top Bottom