• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh snap, the fire has raised to the roof.

If mike's better than falln and y.b.m., I wanna see more of his vids. Meanwhile, I do my schoolwork and a 5-page essay.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
MikeKirby is REALLY good, I'll admit I haven't played Y.b.M. or Falln, but from what I've seen, Chu and I both agree he's better. I dunno if Chu's played Falln, but he said when he played Y.b.M. he went hyper aggro and there's nothing Y.b.M. could do about it, but he lost to MikeKirby when he tried that.

Also, I believe MikeKirby's better than them cause he told me he almost 3-stocked PJ game 1, beat Kadaj (it was 2-1, but MikeKirby was ****** him game 1 then died to a tipper bair at like 80%, but beat his MK on Delfino game 2 and JV 2-stocked his Marth on SV, the same stage as game 1, for game 3) and of course... Took Mikeneko to game 3. :D

Him vs Razer game 1 was last hit too, but he choked when he had a solid lead. ;_;

I also recorded Chu vs Mr. R with my camera (it wasn't played on a recording setup unfortunately), I should be uploading that tonight or tomorrow.

Yo I played two Kirbies in bracket and beat them both. I played MikeKirby and got bodied. He brought me back to those days when I used to just get read all day by Kewkky, and I would feel all helpless and stuff cause I was bad at the game. The guy is legit.

I was legitimately surprised when he told me he took a game off of Mikeneko. I can't beat Marths, but he takes a game off the best Marth? wowowowowowowowow

Radium88

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to MikeKirby and Gh0st! Fun Kirby dittos but sorry our set got cut, Gh0st, and we didn't get to pick it back up :(

But doubles were fun matches :D Glad to have met you guys at Apex. We should have gotten a pic together.

*hides again*

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Aw thanks guys! That means a lot to me~
Haha! Vinyl, I've looked up to Chu a lot and there was nothing more I wanted than to be as great as him! :laugh:

I saw someone wearing a Kirby hat on the livestream... I'm guessing that was Kawaii Poyo? I also saw someone standing next to him wearing a Kirby shirt, who was that?
The hat? Definetly Poyo! If it was a blue shirt with Kirby on it, on Saturday, that would have been me! I'll post a few pictures up soon! :bee:

Pidgezero!! I wanted to meet you! I think I heard your name called out once... :(

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I saw someone wearing a Kirby hat on the livestream... I'm guessing that was Kawaii Poyo? I also saw someone standing next to him wearing a Kirby shirt, who was that?
If you saw a Kirby hat but no scarf, it might have been me. Kawaii Poyo and I were the only ones with kirby hats this year

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Aw thanks guys! That means a lot to me~

The hat? Definetly Poyo! If it was a blue shirt with Kirby on it on Saturday, that would have been me! I'll post a few pictures up soon! :bee:

Pidgezero!! I wanted to meet you! I think I heard your name called out once... :(

You actually wanted to meet me? Aw, I was close by when you were having friendlies with other Kirbies too. I was always wearing a Kirby/Dedede/Ness hat. Next year then!

Every time someone called out Zero's tag I'd at first look around thinking someone had called me, gah

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
What??? That was you???!! Allsldjdjsjjahhs!!

I kept seeing someone with a Dedede hat and I thought that was so cool!!

I had a Kirby scarf on the whole weekend but Poyo had the best outfit all weekend!! :laugh:

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
good **** to chu, poyo, & mikekirby this weekend!!! i thinl im gonna start playing brawl again!! the stream matches had me on the edge of my ****ing seat holy ****!!!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Finally we meet after so long mike. it was funny playing ya, cant believe you made me wait like half an hour to play you tho LOL. I was like really?

Oh and fun tourney set radium :) I remember later during the day or the next day i watched you play another ddd in like friendlies or something. was funny to watch, you seemed determined to learn the mu more lol

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
DewDaDash!!! ^______^
Hahaha! Sorry, I was playing Twinkie and I was excited to play him, too! It was amazing to play a DDD that knew the match-up so well! I knew I wouldn't be able to really win so I took it as a learning experience and I REALLY learned a lot playing you. I had so much laughs from those games. :laugh:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
some things i noticed you need to do is just when i recover you should punish with your hammer and on the platform, you should play pretty much the same way i play, spot dodge and grab. It works just as effective on kirby as it does DDD, thats how it goes with chu atleast when I play him. Its like the most irritating thing to play against my own style XD.

Glad to hear you learned a lot from the mu :)

Oh and i didnt get to meet raptor =( You pointed him out to me but there were too many ppl in the way to really say hi.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
some things i noticed you need to do is just when i recover you should punish with your hammer and on the platform, you should play pretty much the same way i play, spot doge and grab. It works just as effective on kirby as it does DDD, thats how it goes with chu atleast when I play him. Its like the most irritating thing to play against my own style XD.

Glad to hear you learned a lot from the mu :)

Oh and i didnt get to meet raptor =( You pointed him out to me but there were too many ppl in the way to really say hi.
Yeah, I see Chu just hammer DDD out of his recovery all the time. I just derped a lot on those for some reason, or you're just so go at avoiding it. :laugh:
Yeah, there was so many people to see and meet. it was hard to play everyone that you wanted! I hope to see ya in NY. ;)

----------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Anyway, here are a few pictures for everyone!]

[collapse=New Brunswick, New Jersey]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Merchandise]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Gh0st & MiKeKirbY Feat. Logic & Radium88]

Typo on the date :laugh:[/collapse]

[collapse=Poyo & Rain]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Gh0st, ChuDat, MiKeKirbY]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Chu Vs. MiKeKirbY!]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Poyo & MiKeKirbY]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Apex Kirby stuff]
[/collapse][/collapse]

Edit:

A shoutout to ChuDat. Happy Birthday!!!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
If there's an Apex next year... We need to do what Mr. R did and ask on the megaphone for all the Kirbys to get together for a picture like Mr. R did for all the Marth mains. o,o

delirium

Smash Rookie
Wow, those photos are hardcore to the bone. I would love to use the same camera he used for this.
Canon 5D, 580ex II flash, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and Canon 85mm f/1.8 ... and T2i, 430ex II flash, Tamron 17-50 f/28.

I shot Apex 2012 with just the T2i and the Tamron. No 5D, no flashes, no primes. D:

Neither of the cameras are really that great by today's standards, but the lenses and the flashes make a huge difference. Especially when it's so dim on the main stage and the crowd is almost in total darkness.

I was a little worried players would complain about using flash ... I'd hate to be a distraction when tournament matches are one the line. But as far as I know it didn't bother anyone (I hope). :embarrass:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
If there's an Apex next year... We need to do what Mr. R did and ask on the megaphone for all the Kirbys to get together for a picture like Mr. R did for all the Marth mains. o,o
I was gonna do that but then I realized Radium was gone. :(

Also, where'd you say you got that Kirby hat?? I totally needz to get me one!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
What??? That was you???!! Allsldjdjsjjahhs!!

I kept seeing someone with a Dedede hat and I thought that was so cool!!

I had a Kirby scarf on the whole weekend but Poyo had the best outfit all weekend!! :laugh:
Yeah, that was me. Tallest chick in smash :awesome:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I was gonna do that but then I realized Radium was gone. :(

Also, where'd you say you got that Kirby hat?? I totally needz to get me one!

I got it on eBay in like 2009 and it linked to this person's deviantART.

http://delgrotto.deviantart.com/gallery/

I remember they used to have Pokemon hats and stuff, but I think because they wanted to be more "professional" they stopped making Pokemon and video game/anime character hats now. D:

Top Bottom