• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Holy ****, so true.

I almost won, but then lava screwed me over and everyone bursted laughing in the end.
That match was my ticket of not drowning in pools and making it to the pro bracket. :C

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I never cared for that stage. I've been screwed over by Lava on a few occasions. Though they are nothing to the annoyance of Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar. Such stupid stages...

(Of course no offense to those that like them.)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I like Frigate a lot as Kirby, he can get some nice hits on the right side of the first form due to no ledge meaning some free f-smashes or even dair gimps on some characters. The slant on the second form sometimes makes dair combos better. The stage doesn't hurt Kirby that much. It's my personal favorite stage with Kirby or MK. :D

Btw MikeKirby, sorry I wasn't at Collision, I couldn't get any housing. =/

See ya at Apex next week though. :D

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Holy ****, so true.

I almost won, but then lava screwed me over and everyone bursted laughing in the end.
That match was my ticket of not drowning in pools and making it to the pro bracket. :C
What lava? Are you referring to Norfair? If so, that stage was legal? O__O

Also I've been trying some Up-B OoS as Kirby lately. It's a nice occasional mix-up despite it's long start-up time. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What lava? Are you referring to Norfair? If so, that stage was legal? O__O

Also I've been trying some Up-B OoS as Kirby lately. It's a nice occasional mix-up despite it's long start-up time. :p
I don't see someone reacting to it fast enough unless they predict it, so yeah, upB OoS would be an interesting mix-up. :o

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I've been Up-Bing OoS with Kirby since 2009.

Guess I do that cause I play MK, but I space it with Kirby, it's actually REALLY good, it catches people offguard, but it's good for like once or twice a match, if it's read, it's a heavy punish.

Another tip I'll give to Kirbys (I dunno if Kirbys do this, but I don't see it very often... But then again, I don't watch Kirby vids that often), use rapid jab to beat spotdodges, it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Like, if you try to grab someone and you miss cause they spotdodge, if you feel you can't read how many times (or if you can read them, but just not time the punish, timing spotdodge punishes can be tricky) they're gonna spotdodge (cause people do that a lot now, it's not even a habit, it's just good, M2K and ZeRo do it a lot) just start your rapid jab, it'll beat them if they try to spotdodge mindgame you. This is good against people who try to spotdodge mindgame you into grab (or a tilt, or any fast move really), notably on characters like Wario or Snake. Just make sure you look at how they're DIing and cancel your rapid jab fast enough. Like if you do it against Snake but don't cancel it fast enough, they can f-tilt you for 21%, so even if you get some jabs, they're only 1% each hit, so you lose that scenario. I also like doing it vs spotdodging Falcos cause they like to spotdodge to jab a lot.

Sorry if this is old news, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it, but I think it's REALLY good.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It doesn't just apply to kirby, interestingly enough. Quite a few characters can seriously punish spot-dodge habits with jabs. That said, it's iffy with most characters and sometimes the shield goes up before the jab gets in so kirby's would work better than most for sure.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Kirby's works good cause his jab comes out really fast (don't know what frame, but it's fast) as well as being a rapid jab so it can get a lot of percent if it catches your opponent offguard and they don't react to it/DI it right fast enough, I've gotten 10%+ punishes off it before which is pretty nice considering each hit does only 1%.

It's not just spotdodge habits either. You can punish legit smart spotdodges with this too. Smart spotdodges are hard to punish due to not being on habit, so not a lot of people have the timing down even if they react to it. Fortunately with Kirby's jab (and other characters too) you don't need timing due to having multiple hitboxes. XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Until I finished the hobbit, i didn't even know they were going to do it in 4 parts.

Also, the Necromancer and the druid (can't remember his name :() weren't in the book.
I heard it was going to be a trilogy (as with Lord of the Rings). Stretching The Hobbit out into three movies is too much as it is and completely exposes them as money-gougers, but 4 movies enters the realm of ridiculousness.

The Necromancer was in the original book, though he was only briefly mentioned. Off the top of my head he was mentioned by Gandalf after he wandered off 'on business' and then came back later with rumors of a powerful enemy (whom he refers to as the Necromancer). I always felt it was out of place in the story and believed it was just a literary element to use as a lead into a sequel. Again, this is just my speculation; but I think when he got to work writing the next adventure it got blown out of proportion. The Necromancer went from being an 'evil wizard' to some sort of dark demi-god and the next book (The Fellowship of the Ring) bloated into a six-book story encapsulated into a three-novel trilogy.

The druid wasn't a druid; he was a Wizard (this is quite a distinct difference in Middle Earth). His name was Radagast (the brown), and just as a bonus factoid the other two Wizards' names are Alatar and Pallando.

Btw guys, I think I'm gonna keep Kirby for Wario too.
Meta Knight is better against Wario than Kirby is.

Sorry if this is old news, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it, but I think it's REALLY good.
Well, Final Cutter out of shield is situational though I think you're right when you say it might be because of your MK practice - I know I'll use Final Cutter due to a mixture of MK reactions and Kirby lore.

Vulcan Jab is a mixed blessing. Yes, it does catch people who Dodge in place, but there are some flaws that go along with it. The flaw is that Kirby is often left with enough frame disadvantage that he can get hit afterward (as you said with Snake's F-tilt). You can hold Shield and hope to defend yourself in time, but even Marth's F-smash can punish Kirby afterward... and the Vulcan Jab pushes Marth to the perfect distance for a tipper!

Also, one time I mashed the Attack button to catch someone in a Vulcan Jab but after the first attack hit him he buffered a roll and ended up behind me due to the terribad HitStun. I was committed to the Vulcan Jab while he was free to punish me. So, pro tip here: hold the Attack Button down to move into your Vulcan Jab because if this happens to you the Vulcan Jab will not activate and you'll be able to defend.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I think MK is better than Wario too, but I think my MK is only good vs aggro Warios (which are very few), I don't have the patience to wait until 160% each stock for a kill, so I think my Kirby is better vs Wario than my MK. As for being punished for jabbing spotdodges. Yeah, I probably wouldn't do it vs Marth due to tipper f-smashes or if the Marth can just Up-B out of it. As for Snake, I think it's fine as long as you look at how he's DIing. If he DIs out really fast, you should shield or roll away, even if it's only a 6% punish, it's still damage and the main reward is not falling into the Snake's spotdodge traps for him to get a grab or tilt on you. Even if your punish is minimal, YOU'RE the one getting a punish instead of your opponent, so that's the big plus. I think it's best vs Wario, Falco and Snake. At least from my experience, might see how it works on other characters too.

Yeah, I just hold down my A button as well instead of mashing it, glad Brawl lets you do that unlike Melee. XD

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
t1mmy mentioned exactly one of the things I hate about the lag of the jab. When I do fight Marth, I have been KO'ed by darn sweet spot forward smashes because they got pushed back enough for it to tip me. Even when I known about it and tried to stop to shield in time and still got hit.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I heard it was going to be a trilogy (as with Lord of the Rings). Stretching The Hobbit out into three movies is too much as it is and completely exposes them as money-gougers, but 4 movies enters the realm of ridiculousness.

The Necromancer was in the original book, though he was only briefly mentioned. Off the top of my head he was mentioned by Gandalf after he wandered off 'on business' and then came back later with rumors of a powerful enemy (whom he refers to as the Necromancer). I always felt it was out of place in the story and believed it was just a literary element to use as a lead into a sequel. Again, this is just my speculation; but I think when he got to work writing the next adventure it got blown out of proportion. The Necromancer went from being an 'evil wizard' to some sort of dark demi-god and the next book (The Fellowship of the Ring) bloated into a six-book story encapsulated into a three-novel trilogy.

The druid wasn't a druid; he was a Wizard (this is quite a distinct difference in Middle Earth). His name was Radagast (the brown), and just as a bonus factoid the other two Wizards' names are Alatar and Pallando.
Yeah but saying things like 'the druid' and not going in to it saves me writing space. :p

I know he's technically a wizard but there are definitely classical druidic elements to him. Yea, Radagast is it.

I dunno, I heard 4 but I could be wrong. >_>

Labernash

Smash Lord
Poyo, if your killing Wario at 160% at the least you're doing it wrong. And killing earlier with Kirby, you're doing it wrong.

All you have to do is dair him twice offstage and he's dead. One for distance, one to knock him off his bike. If he has a waft stored up, nado to recover, then jump off and dair him again. Just tip toe around and ftilt if you're a scrub and won't edge guard.

Wario's bad, dude.

:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, it's much easier for MK to get Wario off-stage than for Kirby. It's also easier for MK to gimp Wario when he's recovering than Kirby. Meta Knight should also be getting KO's on Wario sooner than Kirby; with the exception of a Wario that runs into F-smashes Kirby's B-air KOs at 150% minimum whereas Meta Knight has plenty of KO options that are safer to use at those percentages (N-air, D-air, Shuttle Loop/Glide Attack).

The reason you're probably having an easier time with Kirby is because you're more familiar with the match-up (and most likely the opponents are less familiar with Kirby than with MK). Yes it can be a good idea to switch to Kirby when you know your opponent doesn't know the Kirby match-up, but if you're having trouble with MK vs Wario then that means it's a good idea to practice it from the MK side of things as well.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I'm really impatient. I like to fight a lot, but Wario just ****ing jumps... I dunno how to read his landings, his air mobility is so good. XD

But like, MK d-smash doesn't kill Wario before 150% unless it's at the ledge, ground Up-B doesn't kill until 145% fresh? Nair shouldn't kill until really late unless your opponent DIs it bad. Wario lives long as ****. I don't like to camp, so I lose to Wario. I feel like I'm good vs Wario if I'm on adderall, then I'm patient, but without adderall, I think I don't stay focused for long enough (I get distracted easily) and just run into stuff/take free damage. When I beat Iota, I was on adderall.

Thanks for the gimp advice Labernash, I'll see what I can do with it.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Someone coach me in Apex pools...

I have Fliphop first round... FREAKIN DIDDY, MY WORST FREAKIN MU! ;_;

After that, I play Croi, he's a Wario from Canada, but I think if I'm playing good enough to overcome Fliphop, I can beat Croi too. Someone PLEASE coach me vs Fliphop, I'm sooooooooo bad vs Diddy. ;_;

MikeKirby, I noticed you're in the same pool as ZeRo... That sucks. =/ I can't coach you vs ZeRo either, he's my friend as well as training me so it'd be really messed up if I coached against him (and he bodied me REALLY badly, I couldn't help you vs ZeRo even if I wanted to XD). But I'll try to coach you vs everyone else, I'm pool 32 and you're pool 12, so we won't be playing our pools at the same time, I'll do my best to help you out. :D

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm with mikehaze, salem, and uncle

Kill me now

Labernash

Smash Lord
Croi is A LOT better than Fliphop. I wouldn't base beating Croi off of beating Flip.

Stef, you can beat Uncle!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I dunno how to approach Diddy. =/

I feel like I'm good at holding leads or getting strings on him, but I cann't approach Diddy if my life depended on it. Nanerz 2 stonk. :(

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hmm, I get a Jiggs first round. Nevertheless, I am not letting my guard down. After, him it's Zero and after playing him in friendlies, I'll have to pull something out my *** to give him hell!! :mad:

By the way, if anyone is going to Apex, let me know! I want to play and meet as many people as I can! PM and I'll give you my # to make it easier! :bee:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
If I was going I would have flown today and decide from there. I'll most likely add it to my vacation plans next year. See family and friends back at home. Come to the next APEX then fly back to Japan from there.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Is Vinyl going? I think he said he was but I can't remember for sure. Triple R and Falln told me they couldn't. ;_;

So for now... The Kirbys I know are going to Apex are... Myself, Chu, MikeKirby, Deven (Bonk told me he was), Gh0st? (I saw him last Apex and SKTAR, so I'm assuming he's coming to this too), Kiwi? (assuming, but not certain), Vinyl? Am I missing anyone? I assume Y.b.M. is, but I've never talked to the guy, so I dunno for certain.

Btw: If anyone wants to give me Diddy advice, give me general advice or MK advice (if you play MK), I'm going MK vs Diddy, my Kirby vs ANY Diddy WILL get 3-stocked. ;_;

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
TorKirby does speed drawings too? I didn't know that. XD

Also for whoever is going to Apex...

For when I play Fliphop in Apex pools, if anyone doesn't have to play... PLEASE BE THERE WHEN I PLAY HIM! I don't neccasarily need a coach, but I choke REALLY easily and Diddy is my WORST MU, I just need someone to tell me "Calm down." or "You got this." etc if I'm losing or get hit by a string or something. I'm REALLY REALLY bad under pressure, someone PLEASE help me not get mad during that set. I've literally been stressing like crazy the whole day about this set yesterday. >_<

**** Diddy.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I wish I could be at apex, but it can't fit on my budget.

Maybe next time. Right now, I'm just trying to lean on beating ryo :ike:.

Labernash

Smash Lord
If you need help, Vinyl, I'm the Ike slayer in Texas. Granted, none of our Ike's are near as good as yours! You got dis doe

Top Bottom