• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Welp, just saw the updated pools. I don't have Diddy anymore but...

I have Reflex first round...

Oh boy... ;_;
That's okay man, remember, top 4 goes on. You'll be okay, aim for 2nd or 3rd even if you can't get first, okay?

And no, not a 'speed drawing'. Just, he showed us how he did it but sped it all up by like x100 or something ridiculous so you see each character being done rather quickly. :p

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I also have Kazi (Meta Knight who beat the top player in my region), Orion (Meta Knight from New Jersey, was in Europe for a few years, so has Europe results too) and (S!C) (who is apparently the second best Wario) in my pool. It's not looking good for me... ;_;

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Don't forget you were power ranked in MD/VA not too long ago, Poyo. You boast a few qualifications as well. Don't let your mind betray you and just go in there performing your best!

No BUTs just do it!

:phone:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I still am ranked 9th in MD/VA (unless they got updated and I don't know about it) actually. XD

But Reflex is a top level player and... Kazi apparently has trained with ZeRo too, so everything ZeRo's taught me, I'm sure Kazi already knows plus more. Kazi will beat me if we play, so I'm hoping he'll beat Orion in which case...

...I hope I can do it! >_<

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Worst bracket proctor ever... >___>

He disappears I spend an hour looking for him, and I was asking RJ anf Keitaro where my pool disappeared to. Then I find the paper with my pool and they gave me a lose. WTF!!? I never played my losers rounds and waited on it near the TV's to be called and... Ugh... I'm mad...!!! They mixed the bracket up ON set multiple times and one of my rounds didn't count even though I WON! Aaah! They gotta fix this. I AM top 4 within this pool!!! T________T

Edit: Everything worked out!! =D Thank You Keitaro! I got play my matches and got 3rd seed! ^___^

Sorry about before, I just needed to vent.

I met MikeKirby and he is the nicest dude. Except for the part where he bodied me. :x

Poyo I want to ditto you

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Find me and I'll ditto if you ask Twinkie. :D

If someone doesn't ask me to go Kirby, I'll probably go more MK, gotta warm him up for bracket, my Kirby didn't do well when I tried him 2 games in pools. =/

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Beat Kadaj round 1. Lost to MikeNeko game 3 round 2 in winners. Then lost a hype match to Razor. I'm out.

Chu lost to Mr. R round 2 winners and is awaiting his next match. It's all up to him now~

Man, I had a blast! I did way better than I hoped to do.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Thanks guys. Even though I feel I haven't been performing so great the last couple weeks in tournaments, I managed to bring out the best I could deliver this weekend, coming only one step behind Chu.

We practically faced the SAME characters each round. The only reason I came short is because, I'll shamefully admit, I have a problem with Snake. :ohwell: If it wasn't for that, I could've pulled an upset against Razor and stayed on par with Chu's placing. Then again I would've played Jtails after and the way I was playing today... Eeeehhh... Could've gone either way. ;) But man... That match with Razor and how game 1 I created a crowd with an inhale-understage-spit out to Up-B stage spike! It created so much hype! LoF came by and started chanting "EAST COAST, EAST COAST!" The energy was all new to me but I loved it! Also, having Poyo having Oh-my-God-gasms while he saw me...! If you need someone's hype and energy to feed off of, there is no better person than Poyo! Him, just-just... Him!! ^_____^ He's freakin' AWESOME!

When I was playing Kadaj and Poyo invited Chu, who was passing by, to came watch and to hear the guy say "Wow, yeah, he's really good!", it sent a huge motivational feeling that I couldn't explain...!

I took Mikeneko to game 3 and it went fairly close but then he got some good reads to seal the deal but still, I honestly feel I had a shot to send him to losers! Can you imagine what kind of commosion that would have caused!?! Hah, I dream.

After playing people from other regions, it gave me insight that I'm not half bad. I mean, NY/NJ is a helluva region for a Kirby to survive! But it's made me really sturdy when facing out-of-region players. Guess I'm lucky? :p

Long post but, what can you say when memories were made? :laugh:

Shout out to all the Kirbies and Kirby dittos I played!

ChuDat
Gh0st
Poyo
Twinkie
Radium88

I saw Kiwi but never got a chance to play her. I saw her play, though, and she's not bad herself. I was impressed! Also, I used Kewkky's tag in one of the Wiis and is now floating out there somewhere~ :laugh:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
<3 Keitaro, he took me out of my boyfriend's pool last minute

RATED

Smash Lord
Hello twink :p

quick question: since this is the kewkky thread, is that man alive? like he posts here? I am an IRL friend of his from Puerto Rico and I havent seen him on FB, etc D:

Edit: Hello Kirbies. Hope you get all the uptilts you wish for xD

Sandwich

Smash Ace
considering that his last log-in here was on the 2nd, yes, probably.

plus:

I'm in a foreign port right now (can't disclose location), so I got SOME internet access. Better than the ship's, so I'm able to download a few things here and there. And visit SWF.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This year's Apex was hype! I'm sad that no Kirby players got on stream for me to watch, but I'm happy that all of you did well and had a blast. All of you EC players are lucky to be on the same side of the nation as Apex.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I could hear the crowd as the final matches were being played. It was definitely an intense feeling. Well I know the hard part is saying those good byes as well as those plane rides back home. Speaking of that, my 13+ hour ride back to Japan. Thanks to real bad weather my flight got delayed and I'm force to stay in LA's airport for a majority of the day. =/

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Kewkky is currently on deployment. His will last for a couple of months. Since I'm military as well during deployments I can understand the difficulties in using the internet out there.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I'll say all my thoughts on Apex later, still a little bit mentally tired from this weekend but 2 things...

1. M2K is officially the best MK again, beating RAIN and Otori (he lost to Salem, but heck is still positive vs him and they attend the same locals, so M2K will have more chances vs Salem for sure).

2. Chu and I both agree MikeKirby is better than Falln and Y.b.M. after playing/watching him. :D

Top Bottom