• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Ganon is so free though. <3
No character should face prejudice and oppression like he has.

Especially if you played Twilight Princess. Ganon does not like to be restrained.

And on an unrelated note, does this forum support name changes? I don't really use "Tater" for anything anymore except maybe my Monster Hunter character I refuse to delete, and I cringe when I see the numbers. How did I ever think that was a good idea? TT

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Marth is totally an even match up, juss saiyan.

As far as Wario being an even matchup - it's completely even until you add in Wario's fart. Bottom line.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
MVD's gonna be tough, but I think you've got a good shot at making Rd.2 pools, Mike. You've got my LOL and Kirby's Hup supporting both you and Y.b.M!! LOL

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm looking into Xiivi and M2K, guys. This is pure good stuff right there.
And chu, oh my god. It's going to be good when he confronts Vinnie soon.

And good luck, mike. Make the best out of it, as this is the most exciting apex yet.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Y.b.M. will do great in his pools. I'll be rooting for him in his match against Mew2King and I'm sure it will be an amazing match to watch!

Best of luck to you Mike - you got all of us behind you! -^_^-

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Marth is totally an even match up, juss saiyan.

As far as Wario being an even matchup - it's completely even until you add in Wario's fart. Bottom line.
100% my thoughts exactly. Our utilt+bair under a platform = almost impossible for Wario to approach safely, and Wario running away = almost impossible for us to approach safely... then he kills us at 45%.

Chu Dat is there gonna be there too, Kappy! When I find him I'm going to be watching and studying this guy's gameplay.

:phone:
Chudat's gameplay was mmmmeh IMO. I played around with him in Pound4 and I expected some crazy mindgames and stuffs, but he's just like every other Kirby mainer but with a bit more ingenuity, and less knowledge. Maybe he got better? I sure hope so! MAKE SURE HIS REPLAYS GET SAVED, and yours too so I can see how you play these days Mike! Oh, and YbM's too! I wanna watch some SMASH!

I wish I could've gone sooo much... but I guess I'll have to go to another huge tourney some other time. Looking forward to that day... :'(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Chu's strength isn't his knowledge of Kirby as he said himself, but rather his exceptional base skill in smash. He plays patient but keeps pressure on his opponent and when his opponent gives an opening Chu's punishes are precise and practical. He also doesn't do 'risky' stuff (like F-smash) unless he reads his opponent and knows that it will land.

I think Brawl's mechanics or gameplay style or something is putting a damper on Chu's potential because he was amazing in Melee and I feel he could easily be a world-class player in Brawl. I remember watching his matches at MLG Orlando thinking he could be wiping the floor with his opponents but instead he lost games that I felt he would otherwise be winning.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh gog there are like 400 people in those pools. i haven't been paying attention to apex (i don't even remember when it is) but if there's a stream i might watch it.

It's this weekend, and there are 394 entrants for Brawl. The stream shouldn't be difficult to find.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Has there ever been a videogame tourney with as many entrantts as Brawl at Apex?

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Black Ops, Starcraft 2, Halo:Reach, & League of Legends (LoL).

idk if there's more.
Black Ops. I will never understand how CoD became competitive. What's next, Major League Rock-Paper-Scissors? Seriously, anyone can play that game with virtually no experience whatsoever. Case in point, I was playing at a friend's house (for the record, every one of these stories involving this "friend" is the same person), and having never played a FPS before, had at least a 70% kill:death in every game. The whole concept is flawed, and because I feel like it, I'll explain why in a vague sense that seems to work in my head.

Screw it, I don't feel like typing it out or deleting that last sentence, so I'll just say that the whole game is hide-and-seek. Assuming both players are competent in the use of the controls, the winner of any engagement is always who sees the other first. If both players see each other at the same time, then the result is purely luck. One of the dumbest games I've ever played. I guess the simplicity is what makes it so appealing, under all the bells and whistles of appearing to have this deep, competitive atmosphere, you feel like you accomplish something, as if your "kill streaks" have a degree of merit.

/end_rant

Also, on the subject of a name change, is it frowned upon to simply make a new account?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Black Ops. I will never understand how CoD became competitive. What's next, Major League Rock-Paper-Scissors?
lmao, comedic post of the month right there.

Seriously, anyone can play that game with virtually no experience whatsoever. Case in point, I was playing at a friend's house (for the record, every one of these stories involving this "friend" is the same person), and having never played a FPS before, had at least a 70% kill:death in every game. The whole concept is flawed, and because I feel like it, I'll explain why in a vague sense that seems to work in my head.
Well, people can say the same thing on any fps game they find.
MLG already has Halo: Reach as the gem of the necklace, so I wouldn't necessarily be against anything else that they would do.

And, I don't know why they haven't moved on to MW3 tournies.
But I know nothing competitive about them but brawl (and ssb4 which is soon to come).

Also, on the subject of a name change, is it frowned upon to simply make a new account?
No, you just need to buy premium and pm an administrator for a namechange.

That's how I changed from "TokyoGamer7" to "Vinyl."
People still think my username has changed because of this MLP BG character:

Actually, it's true. I just took interest in her name, lol.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No, it's not frowned upon to make a new account. Just remember to close that one before you do, maintaining two separate accounts IS against the rules. As to how to close/delete an account... I have no idea.

It's funny cause Halo Reach isn't MLG's baby anymore. There was a huge drop in interest in the game because of two things: One team essentially became too good and started winning every event, to the point where people lost interest in Grand Finals (the M2K vs. Ally effect), and because of the map selection, where the majority of them were Forge maps, which were all gray, bland and unappealing to the eye).

Call of Duty is exactly like how Tater says it, where it's essentially hide and seek until you find an enemy, then land like two bullets until they die. There are barely any battles that aren't short-lived, the way you win them is through positioning yourself to find the opponent first. What really irked me about the game was the concept of kill streaks, where you get rewarded for doing well by receiving a bunch of over-the-top explosives (as if simply getting a lot of kills wasn't enough of a momentum shift). It makes things really lop-sided and thus, boring.

I think Gears will be the next good shooter on MLG, since it's fun to watch and takes a remarkable amount of skill to be good, but w/e.

No, it's not frowned upon to make a new account. Just remember to close that one before you do, maintaining two separate accounts IS against the rules. As to how to close/delete an account... I have no idea.
I actually think it's very frowned upon to bypass the premium system by making an alternate account. I'll ask an admin when one comes online.

Edit: Check your PMs.

BBQTV

Smash Master
so i got this fan fiction generator and looks what comes out

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Kirby and Incredible Hulk. The story should use drug abuse as a plot device

http://www.kaction.com/badfanfiction/

just refresh the page to get a new one generated

i got a pretty good one

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Twilight and Cats. The story should use becoming the President as a plot device!

BBQTV

Smash Master
i just got another good one

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Dexter's Laboratory and Wheel of Fortune. The story should use unplanned pregnancies as a plot device!

this made me spit put my gum when i read this one xD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I play Gears of War 3 online. Workin' on lvl 75, and I'm entering a tournament next month. Gears is the ****, and what's better is it's making me better at Smash. With Gears you have to be patient and look for openings if you don't want to die along with your enemy, plus the whole game is 'Know when to run like a *****, but kill everyone'. It's a bunch of small battles that equals the end result of victory, sort of like Brawl. Lastly, it's increased my overall awareness and mental strength - I don't feel as much fatigue as I used to and it's because Gears requires more vigilance and concentration.

I wish my Xbox didn't red ring so I could play it with you. Gears is sooooooooooooooo much fun.

Gears requires a whole lot of team coordination and individual skill, which is why it's so good competitively IMO. You can't just run in, you have to strategize with your team or else you'll get *****. It makes sense with what you say because in order to be so coordinated, you have to be quick and frequent to observe your surroundings, adapt, and coordinate plans with everyone else. The game also places a grand importance on positioning and option selection (which gun to use, or where to wallbounce for example). A game that teaches you to constantly be that vigilant and consistently pick out your best options (because failure means instant death) is great practice for Brawl, even though they are both completely different games.

Top Bottom