• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why aren't I?
Because you're not dead yet. You're obviously excited.

Anyways, I placed 2nd out of 36 in a gaming event at my university. Some were close matches, most were 3 and 2 stocks.
A wolf player got me and placed 1st, and it was his first tournament. Not a bad player whatsoever with that wiimote+nunchuk.

I'm still a bad player tho.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Because you're not dead yet. You're obviously excited.

Anyways, I placed 2nd out of 36 in a gaming event at my university. Some were close matches, most were 3 and 2 stocks.
A wolf player got me and placed 1st, and it was his first tournament. Not a bad player whatsoever with that wiimote+nunchuk.

I'm still a bad player tho.
Look at Mr. Literal over here, killing my hyperboles and stuff.

lol

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I DROPPED KIRBY FOR JIGGLYPUFF, ASK ME ANYTHING

(DISCLAIMER: MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I've got the days numbered now! In December/January my pay will double (or a bit more), I'll have enough money for an apartment and a car in California, and I'm staying around here for about 4 more years. Aw yeah, it's gonna be freakin' smashfests all the time for me! I'm actually pretty excited for that.

Also, new season of Legend of Korra started. I'm ready to see more episodes, Nickelodeon.

Another thing: Hunter X Hunter and Attack of the Titans are pretty sweet, but I can't seem to find any other new anime as awesome as those two. I gave "Il Sole Penetra La Ilusioni" and "Sunday Without God" a chance, but while I'll stick to the end for closure and they're not too bad, they either don't even come close to other shows of their same genre (Madoka for the former), or feel incomplete (a lack of emotional attachment to the characters/setting/such for the latter).

Lastly, a friend kinda forced me into playing through a virtual novel. First one in my life, and last one too: Monster Girl Quest. It was alright, but if it wasn't sexually explicit and instead was just normal fights between the main character and monsters, i'm pretty sure it would be pretty popular.

Just wanted to share stuff.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I didn't took the time to watch it. I just put the link there because it received high critical acclaim.

That means very high praise.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, Baccano! was indeed nice. It kinda felt like it was all over the place though, and I wanted to know what happens with that guy in the white suit (I already forgot his name). Not one of my favorite animes ever though, so I'll probably delete it (I have the habit of deleting all the anime I watch, minus my favorites. Those I keep to give to other anime lovers when they have nothing to watch).

Also, Shingeki no Kyojin's season finale was absolutely brutal. I hope they make more soon and don't take too big of a hiatus.

Hunter X Hunter's latest episode left me wanting for more, but that's a good sign. Can't wait for the inevitable fight of Gon vs...

Lastly, started watching Angel Beats!, since everything I've read/heard about it make it sound amazing. And the intro music is really good. So far so good, hope it's good enough to stay in my HDD.

EDIT: Angel Beats was great. This is a keeper.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it or I just found a neat little tech with Kirby's out of inhale options but there's something neat that I've discovered. It's nothing ground breaking (key note) but more options and opportunities are welcomed! I've learned it from playing with Dewadash (ok, copied it technically :laugh:) and tried to apply it with Kirby with interesting results! I would really like to test it out some more on the cast but I figure if I go more public with it here, I'll get to see some people potentially evolve it into a little more something. :)

Any interest guys...?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
RRR, I think I mentioned it to you once! :laugh:
It's not that ground breaking, don't butter me up! Embarrass

Alright so here goes~
After an inhale while Kirby has someone inside

1- Jump forward or backward.
2- Buffer spit out/swallow
3- Buffer jump

If done correctly Kirby will jump before he touches the ground for a potential follow up; especially after a swallow! I've come to find that Kirby's aerial movement while having someone in his mouth isn't hindered at all. It's quite interesting

It's like this:

The pros of doing this with a spit out is that if they DI towards you, you get an u-air follow up. If they decide to DI away, you get stage control. So at worst, you get great positioning. The scenario feels a lot like after a Kirby b-throw except you're facing the opponent.

The pros about swallow is that they get placed above you and you also kind of ascend with them. You can net a b-air. Trust me, being able to swallow into b-air/u-air feels sexy!

I'm not entirely sure if this works, but I also discovered that using this technique you can copy ROB without getting a d-air to the face!

For ROB you have to

1- Jump forward.
2- You copy ROB at the apex of your jump while still traveling forward
3- What occurs is ROB buffers his d-air while Kirby, still in air, travels forward and away from ROBs d-air.
4- ROB is in cooldown frames.
5- Profit.

This causes ROB to miss and for Kirby to punish! I'm still trying to play around with this to make sure it works 100% vs ROB. I've tried it vs other characters that can d-air us out of inhale and, unfortunately, it seems to only work on ROB. But still...!

I'm sure there are other things I haven't come across but what I like about this little tech is that Kirby still maintains mobility out of his inhale options rather as apposed to being grounded and stationary. Plus, while grounded, if you want to follow up you're going to have to go through your dash or jump squat animation. This eliminates that. It's just a little something I'd put out there for my fellow Kirbies to try out so we can all learn from each other~

I kinda wish I could post a gif or video of me and my results using this but I don't have all the gadgets for that. >.<

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I need to try that out. If it can avoid ROB D-Air after swallowing, then this could give kirby a good or even greater advantage.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's actually good and easily applicable in a match. Not bad! Not gamebreaking, but definitelybnice to know. Good job, Mike. :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Well four years of tournament absent, I finally went back to doubles to.... have a bad luck bracket. ._.

☯ Oh well, at least it was fun, I need tons of practice to relearn matchups like Meta Knight and Wario.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Went to tourney~

Winners:
Beat Pivot 2-0 (:kirby2: vs :metaknight:)
Lost to Vinnie 1-2 (:popo: vs :popo:)

Losers:
Beat Gunblade 2-0 (:kirby2: vs :metaknight:/:snake:)
Beat Xzax 2-0 (:kirby2: vs :falco:)
Lost to Jbandrew 0-2 (:kirby2: vs :metaknight:)

Still placed 17/40ish. >.<

So many upsets today! NY/NJ so broken!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hey it's Quest! .-.

Yeah, he went IC's the whole time. I mean, whenever I play him I do IC dittos. I'd like to consider myself fairly fluent in the ditto.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
o_O I think you should post that in the ICs board lmao. they might get a kick out of that. you getting a game off vinnie with ICs is hilarious/amazing.

and also you confused jbandit with jbandrew!! lolol! jbandit is a lucas main from maryland

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, I'm done with this inactive ****.

I'm getting johnny2k400-thousand and ask for thread ownership so I can UPDATE IT and the TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD. If he's not there, then maybe I'll ask SOMEONE ELSE.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's not like I recklessly do things without thinking.

What's the point of me being in Competitive Smash if I don't think first? I'm gonna give it my all.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Now, all I have to do is wait.
That's what I've been doing with Project: M getting around to putting Kirby in. I could care less about Mewtwo and all those other guys because they haven't even completed the veteran roster yet. :\

Top Bottom