• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wii Fit Trainer was a 'wtf' moment. Then I hoped she'd be a bad character because I didn't want to see Wii Fit Trainer dittos at every tournament. Now, I sort of like her. XD

Villager is the best new-comer though, just because of the memes.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
She caused a huge amount of butthurt to fans who believe Sakurai owed them a Skull Kid or Waluigi reveal so she's cool in my book.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
She caused a huge amount of butthurt to fans who believe Sakurai owed them a Skull Kid or Waluigi reveal so she's cool in my book.
I could see Waluigi, but not really Skull Kid. I barely remember that character from Twilight Princess.

I guess, technically speaking, Wii Fit Trainer is the 'main character' of a popular Nintendo game... so in that regards it makes sense. Personally I think her inclusion is due to Sakurai's unique sense of humor.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I guess, technically speaking, Wii Fit Trainer is the 'main character' of a popular Nintendo game... so in that regards it makes sense. Personally I think her inclusion is due to Sakurai's unique sense of humor.
I agree, I think Sakurai did this for fun and for it to come out of left field. ^_^

One of the reasons I love it so much! :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I must admit, that is one of the biggest reasons I appreciate WFT's inclusion.

Oh Sakurai, you troll you.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I could see Waluigi, but not really Skull Kid. I barely remember that character from Twilight Princess.
People want the skull kid from Majora's Mask, lol.

Anyways, Sakurai will have a hard time outdoing such an outrageous character reveal. I'm looking forward to another one, along with a more traditional character being announced (coooooome on Isaac!).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm looking forward to and hoping for another surprise and one I could really relate to. I doubt Sakurai would put any more trolly characters but he might go crazy kooky ones and if so, i'll go back to being a starry-eyed youngster and hope for Crono. :p

golden009

Smash Rookie
In response to WFT: well, people did say they wanted a new trainer, right?
They also wanted balance.
They also wanted more females.

golden009

Smash Rookie
I, for one, want a 4th Kirby rep. Either Gooey or Bandana Dee are the ones I'm contemplating. Both of them could have interesting movesets.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Waddle Dee would be quirky and fun - Gooey would be... weird.
Personally, I'd want Knuckle Joe.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If you don't want Meta Knight back in Smash, I would say you don't really like him that much at all.
T_T

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'd enjoy MK back in smash, so long as he wasn't god tier again.
I'd prefer Meta Knight at the top of the Tier List over any other character.
He's faster than the speed of sound.
He's the greatest swordsman.
He's a Kirby character.

BTW, he wasn't "God Tier", he was just "Top Tier" in my opinion. Scrubs quickly exaggerated their inability to deal with him to the point where it was humorous if not sad.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd prefer Meta Knight at the top of the Tier List over any other character.
He's faster than the speed of sound.
He's the greatest swordsman.
He's a Kirby character.

BTW, he wasn't "God Tier", he was just "Top Tier" in my opinion. Scrubs quickly exaggerated their inability to deal with him to the point where it was humorous if not sad.
I dunno, Zelda as top tier would be pretty fun. :3

golden009

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight was SO OP in Brawl. SOOOOOOOOOOO OP.
A special that ate up shields completely, almost perfect recovery, a move that could KO at 60% and pretty much break any sort of momentum, the best edge-guarding in the entire game, a ledge game so good that a rule was put in to stop it, and allaround amazing moves.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Meta Knight wasn't OP.

All the other characters just weren't good.
:troll:
Haha!

I wouldn't mind Meta Knight if he returned in the next smash. I mean, who's to say he'll be exactly the same? I'm sure the rest of the cast would be made better or MK could get fixed.

I saw Kirby still has his N-air. I sure hope Kirby's n-air gets a good needed buff! Something like b-air startup, getting rid of that monsterious aerial cooldown and scraping the "shrinking" hit bubble while keeping the lasting hitbubble, and I'll love it! Heck, what if it was multihit like Squirtle and Olimar's?

Hey any of you guys heading to SKtar? My fellow region people finally convinced me to go.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
:troll:
Haha!

I wouldn't mind Meta Knight if he returned in the next smash. I mean, who's to say he'll be exactly the same? I'm sure the rest of the cast would be made better or MK could get fixed.

I saw Kirby still has his N-air. I sure hope Kirby's n-air gets a good needed buff! Something like b-air startup, getting rid of that monsterious aerial cooldown and scraping the "shrinking" hit bubble while keeping the lasting hitbubble, and I'll love it! Heck, what if it was multihit like Squirtle and Olimar's?

Hey any of you guys heading to SKtar? My fellow region people finally convinced me to go.
Namco Bandai is working with Sakurai to try and balance the game out as much as possible. Obviously there's a limit to how much you can change certain characters but Bowser's moveset has been completely revamped to be better, Samus has some tweaks (one notable example is her Fsmash which now produces an explosion at the end of it like Mario's), Pit's got some new specials and even Mario seems to have some slight hitbox tweaks. I only noticed it the other day but check this out:

(Ignore the 'rash' on his neck btw, dunno what the heck that is. :p)

So his Uair. I'm not sure, I wonder whether the 'air cutting' look of moves increases any hitboxes or shows the outline of where the hitboxes went... but anyway, even if it's not that and it's just outside the hitbox range, you can see in this pic that Mario's Uair starts far lower than in Brawl and even without the air cutting effect, his leg looks far larger/longer than usual, like how in smash 64 attacks made that part of you MUCH bigger for a moment (Melee/Brawl do it too but less). I wonder whether this is a buff? What could it represent for his other moves?

So i'm sure with this level of detail the devs are putting in, Namco and Nintendo won't ignore Kirby, one of Sakurai's greatest claims to fame. ;)

And I doubt i'm travelling to America anytime soon but I should be going to another Aussie national soon with any luck!! :)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Namco Bandai is working with Sakurai to try and balance the game out as much as possible
NB is working with Sakurai's team because they needed a very large team to work on two titles and their tech demo stood out out of all the samples they received from other studios.
Sakurai's statement:
Currently, the prototype prepared by NAMCO BANDAI Games and NAMCO BANDAI Studios' special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximize and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together. Thank you.
Masaya Kobayashi's statement:
In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with NAMCO BANDAI's best staff! Yo****o Higuchi, the producer and the director of the "Tales" series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of "Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.," the art director/sound director of the "SoulCalibur" series, the main development team staff from the "TEKKEN" series…and that's just for starters. All the top creators from NAMCO BANDAI are gathered here to create a never-before-seen dream team for this project. We will fully utilize our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organizational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful "Super Smash Bros." title ever!
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

As nice as saying NB's staff is helping balance the game out is, NB's staff is just there to work on the game. Though there is no predicting what will happen with the game's dev cycle, Sakurai is likely to stick to his habits which will probably mean he'll be doing a good deal of the combat balancing by himself once again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
NB is working with Sakurai's team because they needed a very large team to work on two titles and their tech demo stood out out of all the samples they received from other studios.
Sakurai's statement:

Masaya Kobayashi's statement:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

As nice as saying NB's staff is helping balance the game out is, NB's staff is just there to work on the game. Though there is no predicting what will happen with the game's dev cycle, Sakurai is likely to stick to his habits which will probably mean he'll be doing a good deal of the combat balancing by himself once again.
None of that specifically deconfirms what i'm saying though.

And the game looks fantastically balanced - I understand Sakurai certainly has the capabilities to do that all himself but something told me that had he been left to his own devices he wouldn't have made some of the intricate changes he already has, like certain changes to some characters.

I just feel like if two teams are working so closely with each other to make the game, there's going to be some exchange of information, ideas and eventually features that actually go into the game. I think as soon as NB and Nintendo decided to work together on this one, it was inevitable there would be something NB would be 'giving' to the franchise as well as just being more staff to model characters and such.

I do realise though that much of it is only my speculation but... is it not valid speculation, or at least as valid as any other well thought-out speculation?

And does Mic really live in Australia?? He never posts there... :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
(Ignore the 'rash' on his neck btw, dunno what the heck that is. :p)
That would be shading, though I guess it could look a little strange if you start looking at it like a rash. XD

So his Uair. I'm not sure, I wonder whether the 'air cutting' look of moves increases any hitboxes or shows the outline of where the hitboxes went.
That's just an added graphic for visual appeal. Whether or not it correlates to the actual hitbox is up to the imagination. I'll just say that Smash Bros hitboxes have never matched to the graphical effects one-hundred percent of the time. Just look at Snake, for example. >_>

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So, that Evo stream Nintento ban scare... How about that. Became an extremely hot topic on the gaming side of the internet in literally just a few moments before Nintendo realized they don goofed.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't have a twitter account, but I heard similar stories in various reputable gaming websites as well. In fact, simply googling the keywords "nintendo evo melee ban" brings you up a lot of news articles written about that in the small amount of time between that and Nintendo giving permission.

Top Bottom