• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Why, we must celebrate! Cake for everyone, on me! ... After I'm done using them.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
PSSH, The 1999 version is better.
Nah man, this one's better. At the start they're kinda hurrying up to catch up to where the original left off, and they skipped a few semi-important things, but it definitely makes up later on. Musically, visually and dramatically, it's far better than the original version.. And I was a fan of the original too.

EDIT: Also, Protest the Hero's newest album is pretty awesome. Drumhead Trial blew my mind and is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion. I've had it stuck in my mind for a while now... But the whole album is actually pretty good!

Sorry, I just wanted to write this down somewhere. I am pleased with these guys right now.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Is there a kirby skype chat? plz add pidgezero_one

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The chat IS pretty dead, huh? Heh... :c

What can you do? Brawl's running out of innovations, Melee's gaining popularity once again thanks to Evo 2013, and Kirby specifically was a character that didn't require much to master at a technical level.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Don't worry guys, Smash 4 is the futute. :)

I can't wait to see familiar faces in the Kirby Smash 4 Character Discussion threads! Right? :bee:

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Watch out Mike, bess Smash 4 Kirby comin though! :b:

Last edited:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Is that how you got that awesome Kirby watermark, Vinyl.?? :surprised:

Haha! Yes, please, Gohan! I'll be right there with you guys! The more Kirbies, the more rivalries, the better! That way we can all learn from each other--striving to be better through rivalries but Kirby bros in the end! :bee:

Last edited:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Is that how you got that awesome Kirby watermark, Vinyl.?? :surprised:

Haha! Yes, please, Gohan! I'll be right there with you guys! The more Kirbies, the more rivalries, the better! That way we can all learn from each other--striving to be better through rivalries but Kirby bros in the end! :bee:
You get the watermark by going into your preferences and finding the option to choose your Smash 4 character.

I chose ZSS because my avatar's already Kirby, so yeah.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Don't worry guys, Smash 4 is the futute. :)

I can't wait to see familiar faces in the Kirby Smash 4 Character Discussion threads! Right? :bee:
Like ME!

E3 is TODAY!

In TWO HOURS!

SMASH 4! KIRBY! ALSO OTHER CHARACTERS!

Also Mario Kart is fun. I have a Wiiu now, add me sometime if you guys want (you can probably guess my username)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I knew you'd be able to use Mii in Smash. Oh well.

EDIT: Oh my God, X confirmed to be Xenoblade Chronicles' sequel! I am sooooo freakin' excited for this game! The one for the WiiU was so amazing!

Last edited:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'll try to go to the Smash4 Best Buy demo near my area, so I'll let you know what I feel when I use Kirby.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
never mind, watching kirby in the smash invitational is so hype. Better backthrow is one thing I noticed, but he's just smooth looking in general. (nair still looks like it sucks though)
His final smash is so cool.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Both Kirby and ZSS are pretty kickass, and Samus apparently was too good so they decided not to use her. Looks like all my past characters are going to be kicking major butt this time around again.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
AHHHHHH ZSS IS STILL BETTER THAN KIRBY

THIS IS CLEAR

lol

Last edited:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, lol. Can't beat that range... But Kirby still keeps that height advantage! Dodging a ton of ZSS's moves by just being kirby.

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
Having a big brawl tournament next week..
i will face zss/gnw , mk, lucario, pika & tl in pools..
i am ****ed? :D

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Also Mario Kart is fun. I have a Wiiu now, add me sometime if you guys want (you can probably guess my username)
Asidoh.

Kappa

---------------------

Anyway, I've been playing Kirby during the smashfests here at Nintendo World. It feels like he'll be performing the around the same tier as he did in Brawl. Which isn't totally a bad thing. Hammer feels different, besides it obviously being different. For one thing, it has more start up than it did in Brawl. Plus, no more using it for recovery 'cause you die if you do. N-air feels the same but I'm not sure if his hitbubble was enlarged cause I didn't use it much. It still has that monstrous aerial lag. His grab feels shorter. Gonzo combo de-confirmed. However, I feel like grabs at zero have yet to be tested well with Kirby (ex. f-throw>buffered jump>followup?) It's just hard to grab at zero cause no more "broken" range. :(

After swallow I tried to do the buffered jump swallow only to find out that Kirby jumps super high when he has someone in his mouth--like, a regular full jump high. It feels like you can get a hit after swallow by doing this but I can't totally confirm without having to avoid items and everything else~

OH! And, d-air can now be combo'd into grab and tilts, maybe even a f-smash! D-air's landing hitbox literally doesn't send them anywhere and you can follow up! Kirby's duck can still duck things.

Also, I should have probably asked earlier but what should I try testing out??
RAR is kinda deconfirmed. The reason I say kinda is because you have to time the jump shortly after the turn around to get it to work or it could be the controller, or me... I can't play well with pro controller. >__<

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

I gots it. I gave the hard copy of mk8 to a friend of mines, but kept the code to get a free game of pikmin 3. Adds me rights nows.

Top Bottom