• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
If the world ends, heres the following list of people that Ill miss:

-MD/VA Melee smashers
-All kirby mains
-Stream Monsters
-Anyone whose favorite pokemon is Jolteon

everyone else gtfo

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
On a serious note related to my last post, if you haven't listened to the Voyager Interstellar/Golden Record (the planet's soundtrack) you should check it out. Carl Sagan along with a team of anthropologists and musicians compiled this recording which highlights traditional music from all over the world along with complex classical compositions. A copy of this compilation was sent out into space on both Voyager space probes which are currently about 17 billion kilometers away from earth.

While extremely unlikely, Sagan believed that this sample of Earth's culture would eventually be found by spacefarers, effectively exposing interstellar beings with human culture. I personally believe that this is the coolest thing humanity has ever done so I thought I'd share while there was some relevance, lol.

Here's the playlist incase anyone's interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRDKYfkoRp0&list=PL1A5621DAACAB5E70&index=5

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay guys I opened up a window for you to sneak in to the Tier List thread and talk about kirby! :p

But it won't stay there long so GOGOGOGO!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know where this 'end of the world' propaganda keeps coming from (it seems like you hear it every year now). Yesterday was more like a New Year (New B'ak'tun), one that happens only every 5125 years! So... I hope everyone had a fun day of celebration! :D

Btw, did anyone else watch the Galactic Alignment? It was one of the few truly 'awesome' events in my life. I was literally 'in awe' of it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The galactic alignment was cool. Orion was lined up exactly over the Juarez range here in San Diego last night. It looked like the constellation was standing on the mountaintops; amazing sight.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I know what you mean. On the night before the galactic alignment I went outside and looked at the stars. They were so bright, and Mars was twinkling like I've never seen before. I think it a stroke of good luck that the sky was so clear (it's usually very overcast and cloudy/rainy here in the Northwest).

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Who here watched XSmash this weekend? As much as I love M2K... I'm so happy for ZeRo, he went IN! He's getting top 3 at Apex guaranteed IMO. Like... His sets weren't even close (some games were close, but never a game that risked him losing the set), 2-0'd Vinnie, 2-1'd Nairo (game 3 was a JV 2-stock) 3-1'd M2K and WFs and GFs. ZeRo is CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY good.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
He might, Ally's really smart but ZeRo has ****ing EVOLVED since Apex 2012.

Honestly, I think he's Otori-level if not better right now. He handled Vinnie and Nairo much more solidly than Otori (heck Otori got ***** by Vinnie) and handled M2K about the same as Otori did at SRT (Otori 2-0'd him but ZeRo also got the 2-0 lead vs M2K in GFs too, I don't think Otori would 3-0 him). Otori had some close calls at Apex, he barely beat Nairo. ZeRo was never in the position where he was close to losing a set, only Nairo took him to last game in a best of 3 set but game 3 was a solid JV 2-stock. If ZeRo keeps up this consistency, he very well could win Apex.

M2K said he thinks the three people who will win Apex are Ally, Otori or ZeRo. I wasn't sure about ZeRo's skill level since he didn't attend a US tourney other than Apex and the 8 person local the week after Apex he won beating Salem but now that I see him in the US again... I have no doubts of his skill and want him to get top 2 at Apex. I want M2K to win of course, but I would be very happy for ZeRo if he won as well.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was busy on the day of the Xsmash stream. :\
I'm guessing they'll be uploading the matches, and probably already have it up for viewing as I type this.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow it's up already! Yea I saw the stream and saw like top 8 or so. Saw Nairo get sent to losers, that was insane. There was that kill at like 50% on someone too that everybody freaked out about.

Zero is really scary, when I watch him. I really enjoy his playstyle. SH Fair as a wall just isn't something I usually see. Aww well.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Well fellow Kirbys...

Or ex-fellow Kirbys as I should say...

I've decided after Apex 2013, I'm officially dropping Kirby and playing solely Meta Knight, not going to play another character even in friendlies. ZeRo really inspired me to get good, like with how he evolved since last Apex... I believe I can do something similar, not AS good cause he was already hella good at the time of Apex 2012, now he's freakin godlike!

The only thing I've EVER genuinely wanted in my life is to be good at this game, yeah college can get you THROUGH life, but that's just getting through life, no real happiness. I think being good at the game I love is the only thing that will ever make me HAPPY. And Kirby's not going to get me there, so I'm dropping Kirby. I also just sent ZeRo $100 through Paypal to train me for a week on Wi-Fi before Apex. Due to that money I spent, I no longer have ANY spare money, so the $50 Kirby ditto MM I was going to do with MikeKirby at Apex has to be cancelled. I just REALLY REALLY want to be good and Kirby's not getting me there. Otori's original main was Kirby and now look where he is maining MK. I hope I can be that good some day. :D

I apologize to anyone who liked my Kirby, but I'll still be here talking with you guys and rooting for every Kirby! -^_^-

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I'll still be playing Kirby AT Apex because with only 2 weeks before Apex, since my Kirby and MK are currently at a similar level, I'll be using both of them at Apex depending on the MU and if MKs know the Kirby MU. I've been sucking at the MK ditto lately (gonna change after ZeRo practice :D) but if I lose game 1 in an MK ditto and think the MK doesn't know MK vs Kirby, I might go Kirby.

Don't worry, you will be seeing my Kirby AT Apex, but it'll be the last tourney I use him at.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think everyone should play Meta Knight (from a competitive perspective). Even if you have a different top tier character that you can feasible win with (such as ADHD with Diddy and Ally with Snake), it's still important to play Meta Knight for use in tournament as well as to learn tournament play thoroughly.

I, too, would only play Meta Knight (and other top tiers) if my love for Kirby didn't hold me back. :\
As it is, right now I feel like my Kirby is noticeably better than either my MK or Dedede but I pretty much understand where Kawaii Poyo is coming from.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I play a ton of characters outside of tournament play because I learn more throughout.

You can't just play one character for the rest of your smash career.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'm just really bad with MK. I've been trying to learn him for a year but I can't do it. I'd solo main him if I could!

:phone:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
As soon as I thought I'd be able to log onto FB and SWF regularly, my ship decided to prevent access to many websites due to low bandwidth. :|

Anyway, Happy Holidays to everyone! Just 6 more (projected) months of deployment and I'm back in California! I can't wait to play some Brawl in tourneys again. :(

Top Bottom