• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Kirby goes even with Marth imo.
/late

Why exactly do you need a backroom for speculation for Smash 4 speculation?
Because we had to get away from SSB4 metropolis of posts and archive our ideas in a section where we could look them over instead of some of the wild arguments that have been seen in the general forum.

Atm it's not very big but that's because of the news 'drought' we've been having. After some news it'll swell up a lot. In the end... I suppose it's a bunch of old friends who argued till hell froze over in the old thread, coming together, putting their ideas together without a random poster in between going "Waluigi for smash 4!" or "I couldn't care less about it because Brawl was **** and they're gonna do that again", etc.

But don't take that as an indication that we take ourselves so seriously. We realize it's a game that has nothing about it released yet. We just want our ideas solidified and collective thoughts on what we believe would be likely characters. I suppose what differentiates us is that we all had to sacrifice a little to reach that collective. We all had to say "Do I think this character that I like will be considered, truly?" and answer that, rather than people who refuse to budge on ideas that they came up with and think it'd be 'cool to see'. So we all gave, we came up with a lists that made most of us happy and that's what our speculation rosters are... at this point in time.

My explanation makes us sound no different from any other group of posters... it's hard to explain but it's worth it. I might ask Try-hi to give a better explanation haha. ^_^

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't normally post in the character threads, so consider me a guest asked on by Luco. LMAO at the thread name.

Why exactly do you need a backroom for speculation for Smash 4 speculation?
It was made by a user named SuperOmega (who some people may know) last August when people got WAY off topic on the Wii U thread resulting in it being locked (though it only lasted for a couple days after much begging forgiveness to Xiivi). All the people who could control themselves and who at least had an idea about how Sakurai works were invited to join.

Currently as the 3rd person to be in charge of it, it mostly serves for private get togethers, saving ideas for later, off topic stuff, games, roster betting and as a bunker for when E3 comes around. Several people who hate posting in the new forum also generally take their posts there. Honestly it's closer to the Disco Room more than anything else (though not as crazy), at least until E3 when SWF sees swarms of new users.

That said, there is also the Discussion Group which is even harder to get into (in part due to the guy in charge is gone for months at a time) and was formed around the same time. Deeper discussion goes on there, though most of it is sharing info/insight and more betting money on rosters. Several users such as Chronobound usually post in there before taking their findings to the new forum.

Honestly unless you hate the new forums, dealing with all the new people making ridiculous posts/threads or are worried about the mess Pre-Brawl was on SWF, you're not missing much. It's not a BR (blame SuperOmega for the name), it's a private social group (though it could become a BR in the general sense someday...). Post a bit in the new forum (even if you hate it unfortunately), look at some old Sakurai interviews, use common sense, show some enthusiasm, etc. if anyone wants an invite.

BBQTV

Smash Master
smash fans pissed of sakurai so he no longer is going to talk about the game

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I have a lot of practice in the marth MU and can't see it being even or in kirby's favour, ymmv

BBQTV

Smash Master
I also thought that the consensus was that kirby was at a disadvantage against marth and now you tell me who goes even /beats him!? yeah ok sure....

it had always been that people saying that kirby has been at a disadvantage. when did that change?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Explaination
Oh OK. For some reason I thought you guys were trying to create an "official" suggestion guide for Sakurai (which he realistically wouldn't even look at) without community consensus or something like that; much like other groups on the site who try to speak for everyone.

EDIT: I guess you can also keep out dumb ***es like that Freezewrath guy and Tyrogue so that's a plus, haha.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Kirby wins 55:45 on Smashville and FD, IMO. It's probably even on Battlefield. Kirby has more advantageous CPs than Marth which is why I say it's probably 55:45 IMO, I think Chu also said he thinks Kirby wins. mikeHAZE and NEO told me they think it's even.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When I was in the desert, our flat-screen TV there had lag. It was sucky but yea, I got used to it.

Nice to be back from a place where the only fresh fruit in the store consists of apples and pears and (apparently, though I never saw them) oranges. o.O

Labernash

Smash Lord
I said a hip, hop, a hippie a hippie to the hip hip hop a don't stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat!

:phone:

Top Bottom