• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

BBQTV

Smash Master
actually it is my fault.

since i spamed the **** out of the disco room so they put more regulations

that happened a long *** time ago when i was still in highschool

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You know, Timmy, I always thought since you posted such nice things all the time that you were one of the newer posters, never bothering to look at your sign-up date... and then I saw something big and auspicious (can't remember what it was now!) that had your name on it and went ":O Timmy was part of that!?"
I guess how we present ourselves is more important than our sign-up date after all. Who would have guessed? :D

Thanks for the compliment, though I feel that the things you post are always nicer than what I post. It seems like everything on the internet is srs business, so it's good to know that those of us here on the Kirby boards help keep things nice.

So... i've seen several character boards/threads dying... it's sad, don't let it happen here guys! :(
With Smash Bros for the Wii-u looming closer it's understandable that people will move on. It happened with the Kirby boards in Melee, but it's not such a big deal. Everyone gets swept up by the hype of a fun new game to play and they move on to the new boards that are set up for the new game. I still drop by the Melee Kirby boards on occassion.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm sure we'll see all the old faces in the newer boards but even so I'm sure those that don't have the system will move to the WiiU Smash Kirby section anyways. I'm actually going to put a lot of effort into learning the game and the characters. Being in Japan I can get it early. >=)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, the boards for SSB4 at this point are only speculation. It's fun to go there, although some suggestions have been pretty... Umm... yeah... i'm glad there's a BR. :p

And yea, personality > sign-up date. :-D

Darn it supa I plan on getting in to SSB4 competitively and i'm gonna be getting it ages later than you guys.

This sucks. >:-(

Oh guys, I have to show this to you:

Da kirby taunt song! <3

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Oh my God that song is aweeeesome!

Also, while sign up date doesn't affect personality or online persona many new people tend to be a bit young and/or immature and it's reflected by the quality and content of their posts. The Smash 4 and the user blogs sections are good places to observe this imo.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well someone on the Lucario boards posted it and I went "Umm... why isn't that... on.. the kirby... eh... wait! I can put it there!" and then things kind of flowed from there. :p

Labernash

Smash Lord
Martha isn't THAT bad of MU, but he's just a good character.

The other two are bad MU's, all the rest are even.

:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby has pretty much even match-ups across the board.

This includes Olimar, Ice Climbers, and Meta Knight.
/troll

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I don't play them enough and although I face more Marth opponents maybe I get frustrated because of his dumb sword. I rarely fight Olimar and Ice Climbers are in the blue as well but I always go for platforms for them. Being on the boat for almost 4 months hurt me a bit as far as reactions and when not to go in etc. =/

BBQTV

Smash Master
brawl will be completely dead when smash 4 comes out

not melee though since it is actually a good game

Labernash

Smash Lord
I think Smash 4 will be fun, but Sakurai will try and tune out competitiveness and everybody will just quit Smash altogether.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think Smash 4 will be fun, but Sakurai will try and tune out competitiveness and everybody will just quit Smash altogether.

The wii-u is meant to cater towards a more harcore audience. Whatever it is, I doubt a bunch of stuff that weakened Brawl's competitive scene will be there, such as tripping. I think there's been enough uproar over that for Sakurai to take the hint. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Eh? What do you mean?

Which reminds me, online should be better. At least this time i'm hoping they won't make the mistake of not having any one host but just having the room... somewhere in-between. It's weird.

Generally I believe online will be a lot better, if nothing else i'm 99% sure the lag will be severaly reduced.

BBQTV

Smash Master
smash 4 will probably be more competitive then brawl but not more then melee

melee will still be popular and it is already popular even know while brawl will bite the dust as it should

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
smash 4 will probably be more competitive then brawl but not more then melee

melee will still be popular and it is already popular even know while brawl will bite the dust as it should
LOL very sure of yourself there. That sounds narrow-minded though. There's always the possibility that smash 4 will be worse than brawl or better than melee. :awesome:

And that's making the assumption that Brawl is bad. Well, no, just worse than melee. Mm, may be true then I suppose but I wouldn't go so far as to say Brawl is bad which seems to be an underlying assumption you're making. :-/

And I highly doubt Brawl will bite the dust. It will have a much smaller community, granted... but it won't be gone.

BTW I don't mean to come off harsh, it's just, i've heard this argument before and it's been proven to make no sense. You can't tell what a game's gonna be when there's no info on it whatsoever. :-P

BBQTV

Smash Master
after what they showed us with brawl you cannot blame me for me skeptical

if 4 is worse then brawl then brawl will not die and melee will be popular

if 4 is better then brawl then brawl will die and melee will still be popular

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Exactly. But what if it's the same as Brawl?

Mwahahaha I can come up with lots of possibilities. Trust me, there's no way to know all this stuff. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't like America. If Australia won APEX, I'd say they are the best.

C'MON LUCO

Who IS Australia's best player anyway? I only know of Shaya (a Marth main who was in America this Summer). I believe in 2010 M2K and Hall (who has been only 8th on SoCal's PR at his highest) were in WFs and GFs of an Australian tourney so I'm assuming Australia's community is small/not that high level. M2K is understandable, but Hall didn't make it to bracket at SRT, so him being in GFs of a country's tourney makes me question its skill level, as well as Shaya not placing so well in the US when he was here, I think his only notable win was Pelca.

Then again, maybe I just haven't seen Australia's best and their best can't afford to come to America? I dunno. XD
Luco is unstoppable, but I was just using them as an example.

Hey how did I not see these? :O

For reference, Shaya's a high level aussie player which probably makes him mid in the american meta. Ted is another high/top player and we have a bunch of others around the country. I think our best is... What's his name? Apollo or something? Or am I getting mixed up? I think it's a DK main anyway.

I'm pretty meh but i'm hoping to carve out a name for myself. I'd love to come to APEX... but I have not the money. :(

ALSO, what if it's the same or BETTER than Melee?

*coughcough* Melee and Brawl both die. Finally they're in the same boat! :p

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
No matter how 4 turns out, everyone will try to make it competitive. Look at Brawl and it's dumb mechanics. However we all work with what we get. Well when I get Smash 4 I'm going to invest a lot of time with every character and learn what they can and cannot do then bring that info here ASAP.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Don't feel like reading all the pages I missed, but I skimmed through some and...

Kirby beats Marth. Chu's perfect vs NEO's Marth (NEO beat him with MK last time they played) and Chu 2-0'd mikeHAZE when he went to the west coast. At worst it's 50-50. That is all.

Top Bottom