• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hehe, Ness was my main in 64. My brother mained him and i started using him. Funny because my brother remembers a time when we didn't know that Ness' Up special could be aimed towards himself and we thought he was horrible because he didn't have a recovery and we didn't use him for ages. Then my brother started maining him (and I remember things from here on in) and realised he could control the thunder. Then, one game, he tried to hit me with it but hit himself and there was the all-familiar explosion of his recovery. Needless to say, we were like, 'WOAH' and then I started using him and i've loved him ever since. :3

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Alright guys, so I know my SKTAR pool and this is gonna be tough to make it out of. >_<

http://i.imgur.com/oj7H6.gif

It's bracket pools in case you're wondering, top 4 make it out into a 64-man bracket, 2 first seeds and 2 second seeds.

I'm not gonna worry about Anti, I know I'll lose that, so no point in stressing, but Mav, Kingtoon and Malcolm are all threats too.

Can you guys give me Kirby tips vs Falco/Fox (Mav's mains) and vs Toon Link (for Kingtoon)? I know I can beat both of them to get third seed, I've beaten Kingtoon in a money match, but lost to him in tourney, but that still went to game 3, so I know if I'm playing my best, I CAN win.

I'm going MK vs Malcolm though (I played Malcolm once at Pound 5 and he 3-stocked my Kirby game 1 and my MK got hm to last hit game 2), so I don't need Kirby vs Wario tips. XD

IF all goes well, I could potentially upset Malcolm and get second seed, but I'm looking at myself getting 3rd or 4th, making it out is what matters most and me vs Mav first round pretty much determines whether I am gonna make it out or not, so Kirby vs Falco/Fox tips are the most important advice I can get right now!

And yes, I AM going Kirby instead of MK vs Mav/KT! :D

Reason being is that I took Zeton's Fox to game 3 at Apex 2012 with Kirby, so my Kirby is more suited for Fox than my MK and lately my MK has been doing really poorly against Falcos on ladder. It's just Wi-Fi, but experience is still experience and I've learned I prefer Kirby vs Falco rather than MK. As for Kingtoon, only my Kirby has taken a game from him (in the MM) on a legit stage (Smashville), my MK has only taken games from him on counterpicks (Frigate and Rainbow).

So yeah... I need advice for these MUs cause I do plan to rep Kirby at SKTAR after all! -^_^-

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
...I really wanna make it to bracket, so I'll probably switch to MK if I get 2 or 3-stocked with Kirby a game in tourney.
I would say to stick with whomever you are most comfortable with in-tournament. If it's for practice, go ahead and play whomever you want but when it comes to tournament that's when you don't want to 'learn' unfamiliar strategies or match-ups. In other words, if you play MK in teams warm up with him before hand and play him in bracket. Afterwards use free set-ups for friendly Doubles and get some practice in with Kirby. You'll be under much less pressure that way and you'll start learning how awesome Kirby is in teams before you know it. Pull Kirby out for Doubles bracket when you're more comfortable with him and have a teammate whom you've practiced with already.

Good luck at SKTAR. My advice vs Falco is to play really safe and watch for openings. Just get him off-stage whenever possible and either Edge Hog his recover if he's going for the ledge, or punish his Phantasm if he's going on-stage. The same general rule applies for Fox as with Falco, except his Lasers aren't as disruptive and he has a better recovery with his Fire Fox so you might want to learn the most effective way of dealing with him off-stage. Also, always watch for the ol' RIAUS (Run In And Up Smash). A Fox McCloud classic.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Youve got this poyo!!! I believe!!! Your main focus right now should be beating Mav.

For fighting falco, Swallow him ONLY when the opportunity rises. If you spend too much time trying to swallow him, you'll just take more damage than necessary. And remember, you can f-throw -> u-air -> f-throw -> Side-b if falco's at 0%(depending on his DI)

And if he's laser camping at a far distance, just duck and sit there and wait for him to approach.

And u-tilt ***** falco/fox at low percents.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I would say to stick with whomever you are most comfortable with in-tournament. If it's for practice, go ahead and play whomever you want but when it comes to tournament that's when you don't want to 'learn' unfamiliar strategies or match-ups. In other words, if you play MK in teams warm up with him before hand and play him in bracket. Afterwards use free set-ups for friendly Doubles and get some practice in with Kirby. You'll be under much less pressure that way and you'll start learning how awesome Kirby is in teams before you know it. Pull Kirby out for Doubles bracket when you're more comfortable with him and have a teammate whom you've practiced with already.

Good luck at SKTAR. My advice vs Falco is to play really safe and watch for openings. Just get him off-stage whenever possible and either Edge Hog his recover if he's going for the ledge, or punish his Phantasm if he's going on-stage. The same general rule applies for Fox as with Falco, except his Lasers aren't as disruptive and he has a better recovery with his Fire Fox so you might want to learn the most effective way of dealing with him off-stage. Also, always watch for the ol' RIAUS (Run In And Up Smash). A Fox McCloud classic.
Yeah I agree with this. I'm not sure about kirby's actual mechanics but i'd also suggest watching out for falco's grabs. They're just... horrific (to deal with).

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Lets wish good luck to Gh0st and Kiwi, our other fellow Kirby mains going to SKTAR.

and :( @ Mikekirby not being at SKTAR

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Lets wish good luck to Gh0st and Kiwi, our other fellow Kirby mains going to SKTAR.

and :( @ Mikekirby not being at SKTAR
Yeah... I really wanted to play MikeKirby too. ;_;

Hopefully at Apex 2013 I'll be able to! :D

And thanks for the advice guys! Yeah, Falco can still get about 3 grabs on Kirby to dair which is about 40%. x_x

I practiced Kirby vs Falco with Seagull last night and I went 2-3 with him. I played pretty badly the first 2, then adapted and beat him 2 in a row, then he won the last one. I hope I can be confident vs Mav, cause Seagull told me my Kirby's solid enough for Mav. XD

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
the :falco: vs :kirby2: MU is quite easy to adapt to if you play it long enough. The MU in general becomes much easier if you can copy his lasers, which wrecks him off-stagew

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Falco lazers are the best power for Kirby to have. Even onstage, he can't reflect em all, and it severely disrupts his flow. Being offstage just happens to be THE worst spot.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww, no-one enjoys a good PK flash or freeze? :p

It's funny, I remember going up against a good falco in my bracket once and I was doing what Nesses do where they use PK flash after they throw out or hit out their enemy as a form of edgeguarding, only I was Lucas and using PK freeze instead. Anyway, I lost that match but that falco main told me he gained a newfound fear for PK freeze.

So after that I felt like I had done my job.

On a related note, a kirby and lucas team where the kirby copies PK freeze would be really interesting.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA

It's funny, I remember going up against a good falco in my bracket once and I was doing what Nesses do where they use PK flash after they throw out or hit out their enemy as a form of edgeguarding, only I was Lucas and using PK freeze instead. Anyway, I lost that match but that falco main told me he gained a newfound fear for PK freeze.

So after that I felt like I had done my job.

On a related note, a kirby and lucas team where the kirby copies PK freeze would be really interesting.
I asked about that one a little while ago, the consensus was that trying to land a hit with those is rather impractical and leaves you open to being grabbed etc. (Ness' back throw 0.o)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If Falco's chaingrabbing you, DI towards him and up, then mash the jump button. If the Falco slips up, you'll footstool out of the chaingrab. I do it all the time, works more often than not.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'm sure that Kirby copying it though in a singles match is nearly useless since it gives a lot of time for Ness/Lucas to absorb it. :p

Plus for whatever reason it leaves us helpless if used in the air >__>

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sounds better to use them when your opponent is helpless on air in singles.

But in doubles, it is pretty damn useful since they wouldn't see it coming at times.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha, awesome. True, in singles it's more beneficial for Ness or Lucas because of absorption. In doubles though.... Mmmm, fresh ice blocks. :p

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
GOOD **** TO KIWI AND POYO FOR MAKING SKTAR BRACKETS!!!! Way to rep Kirby!!!! :cool::cool:
Yup and I actually used Kirby to make it out too! :D

So about Mav, he actually didn't go Falco at all vs me. Although I was really uneasy about Kirby vs Falco going into the set and pretty much everyone convinced me to go MK game 1 and I did and it was vs his Fox. My MK was playing pretty bad yesterday, I was beating Mav in spacing and reads, but airdodging to the ground A LOT (I honestly don't know why...) so he did beat me in a close game 1 in MK vs Fox on Smashville.

I took him to Yoshi's and he tried to MK ditto me and got 2-stocked.

Game 3, my brother convinces me to go Kirby and Mav stays MK and I 2-stock his MK with Kirby (I saved the replay of this onto my SD card which I should be uploading when I get home next week).

My other win in pools was against a Marth (I forgot his name), but I just decided to go MK in that set since it'd be easier, but the point is, I did use Kirby to win the set that pretty much decided if I made it out of pools or not. XD

As for bracket... I have Anti round 1 which I think is dumb cause I had him in pools yesterday as well, so I asked Keitaro to change Anti with Dabuz or something, which I hope he does. Doesn't have to be Dabuz, but me playing Anti first round after having to play him in pools is dumb.

Gonna try to rep Kirby in bracket too! XD

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yo-Yo Kirby has some mad range. Arena with him is pretty fun!

And good stuff Poyo! You'll do great!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yup! I'm more confident now that Keitaro changed the bracket, I got Jband round 1 now. He beat DEHF yesterday though, so if I win, it'll be a really tough set. >_<

I hope I can do it though! :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nairo took out ESAM in sktar singles. Vinnie was 3rd, Tyrant was either 4th, 5th or 7th I think with Ally having to forfeit and Mekos got 9th. Uhhh, who am I forgetting.... Ah well, someone else was in there somewhere.

Top Bottom