• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The lasers would obviously travel at a speed which would allow them to move away from Kirby. Think of riding a jet ski up a river.
Think of light (laser) attempting to escape a black hole (Kirby) :rolleyes:.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby doesn't use gravity. He inhales.
You don't know that! No one knows that! For all we know his gravity is so strong it even sucks in air particles, making it look like he's breathing in! He doesn't even need to breathe, how about that? ;D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You don't know that! No one knows that! For all we know his gravity is so strong it even sucks in air particles, making it look like he's breathing in! He doesn't even need to breathe, how about that? ;D
Well I know he breathes in on the show, he gets tired of it eventually. They ask him to inhale EVERYTHING on that show... It's a wonder they haven't just asked him to solve the problem and inhale King Dedede...

... Forever.

That show's opening is hilarious. Also Meta Knight.... Antonio Banderas, anyone?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ah, Kirby anime. What would we do without you?

[COLLAPSE="Kirbykirbykirby"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Labernash

Smash Lord
"Mexican who wants Taco Bell" is probobly the description of to which he was referring, as well as, the picture of Meta Knight wearing a sombrero is inaccurate to the face he sees when he looks into the mirror.

Taco Bell has new gourmet menu and apparently iz tastier than anything else they has. But I like their Tacos.

Okay so Kirby is for sure my official doubles main.

Still a singles secondary, but in doubles he is SO amazing.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

I know, right? I don't understand how people can't see just how amazing he is in doubles! He synergizes with pretty much everyone, survives for so long, recovers from anywhere and has great punishers!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I finally managed how to play ICs correctly after numerous fails of infinite grabs.
I'm going to put it to the test once my sister will play brawl with me tomorrow.

I know, right? I don't understand how people can't see just how amazing he is in doubles! He synergizes with pretty much everyone, survives for so long, recovers from anywhere and has great punishers!
Kirby can get away with a lot of stuff in the chaos that is Doubles, which is why I like him. He isn't like Toon Link who requires a lot of space and momentum to camp with. Kirby is well rounded and can do work in all scenarios.

I was teaming with d00m against exc3l z3ro and n30n X and my Kirby was going off, landing all these combos, hammers, and clutch moves. I switched to TL, MK and Marth later on but Kirby provided me with the best results (Toon Link got close though).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If they had a Doubles Tier List, Kirby would DEFFFFF be like 2 tiers higher than what he is now.

:phone:
That's exactly how I feel about Lucas and Ness in doubles. My brother and I go ditto lucas together in teams and get pretty good placing-wise:

"So which would you prefer to fall in to? My U-smash or the D-smash my brother is currently constructing right next to me? :seuss: "

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
But it is! And you can use your PS3/360/whatever controller with it too. :O

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I am so pumped for Phantasy Star Online 2. Listening to BGM and watching recent gameplay videos to get myself in the mood for when it gets its western release.

Hey hey there Kirby boards. >=) Had to make a tiny stop on by to see how y'all doing.
What's going on, my fellow petty officer? ET3 Cortes here, gonna do my best to take the E5 exam in September and pass! :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hiya Supa, I haven't seen you around here in a while. :(

Phantasy Star reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy, actually.
It personally reminds me of Star Ocean a lot. Namely Star Ocean 3 actually. Funny thing too, a few days before I had been wondering why there aren't as many captivating games as Star Ocean 3 recently, where you could DEFINITELY tell the difficulty difference between the modes, which is hard enough to take its gameplay to its limits when dealing with bosses and superbosses. Not to mention the futuristic atmosphere and various environments that make you wonder what's coming next.

I hope PSO2 gets some ridiculously difficult bosses for the higher levels later down the line.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Hiya Supa, I haven't seen you around here in a while. :(.
Hey Luco! I'm sorry I'm not active. I don't expect to be for the remainder of this year since I'll be out to sea again during the winter time. Bright side; Seeing awesome ports but hopefully you're doing well. I'll try to post more once the summer cruise ends. In addition to showing you guys pictures I've taken out here.

Hey dude.
Auto how you doing? =)

What's going on, my fellow petty officer? ET3 Cortes here, gonna do my best to take the E5 exam in September and pass! :D
Yo! Yup I'm AZ3 now. XD Enjoying Hong Kong. Have lots to tell but I rather wait until I'm back in Japan and am not confined to a Wifiless boat. XD I have to wait a year to go for AZ2. It was really open this time around for advancement.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion

...WHY CAN EVERYONE PLAY KIRBY IN TEAMS EXCEPT ME?! I HATE TEAMS AND ONLY BEING ABLE TO PLAY MK IN TEAMS IS A HUGE REASON FOR THIS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

/rage

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
...WHY CAN EVERYONE PLAY KIRBY IN TEAMS EXCEPT ME?! I HATE TEAMS AND ONLY BEING ABLE TO PLAY MK IN TEAMS IS A HUGE REASON FOR THIS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

/rage
Kirby is a beast in doubles, I love playing doubles as Kirby so much. Doubles gives me many things to work with, and I have to pay attention to 3 targets at the same time. Needless to say, I love multitasking and strategizing.

If anything I'll still stand by what I said before regarding Kirby in singles. Start using Kirby exclusively for a while and try to overcome everything with him. Try not to fall back on MK when you hit an obstacle with Kirby, instead try harder to beat the opponent while taking the least damage possible (I know this is what Brawl is about, but think about it... To do this would require perfect spacing, perfect punishes, perfect baiting, perfectly recognizing the opponent's habits, etc. Try to work on everything you can with Kirby instead of using MK when you're in a tight spot).

Yo! Yup I'm AZ3 now. XD Enjoying Hong Kong. Have lots to tell but I rather wait until I'm back in Japan and am not confined to a Wifiless boat. XD I have to wait a year to go for AZ2. It was really open this time around for advancement.
Being an ET, I'm eligible to take the E5 exam right off the bat. I just need to get my first eval and then I'm set, and apparently there's a system for sailors who want to take an advancement exam but have no evals (like me!). They'll give me an "eval for purposes of promotion" which is not really a real one, but acts like one. And then I'll take the exam and make E5 in my second year in the Navy, awww yeah! I gotta make my superiors pretty much fall in love with me in the one month I have before the exam, since I'll be arriving on my ship on late july/early august.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kewkky's right; playing Kirby hones your skills. You start reading your opponent better, spacing better, baiting better, and reacting better. This is why Kirby players are the smartest players.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Kirby is a beast in doubles, I love playing doubles as Kirby so much. Doubles gives me many things to work with, and I have to pay attention to 3 targets at the same time. Needless to say, I love multitasking and strategizing.

If anything I'll still stand by what I said before regarding Kirby in singles. Start using Kirby exclusively for a while and try to overcome everything with him. Try not to fall back on MK when you hit an obstacle with Kirby, instead try harder to beat the opponent while taking the least damage possible (I know this is what Brawl is about, but think about it... To do this would require perfect spacing, perfect punishes, perfect baiting, perfectly recognizing the opponent's habits, etc. Try to work on everything you can with Kirby instead of using MK when you're in a tight spot).
I think I'll do that in MMs at SKTAR this weekend, but I really wanna make it to bracket, so I'll probably switch to MK if I get 2 or 3-stocked with Kirby a game in tourney. If it's last stock, I'll probably stay Kirby.

Thanks for the advice though. :D

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Never played PSO, so I can't say I share your hype, Kewk.

As for Star Ocean, I actually own a PS2 version (Till the end of time was it? EDIT: yes, it is. Hooray for organized vidyer gaems!) but that may have been the only game I played, put down, and never really looked at again. Just navigating the intro beach resort was a pain because they tell you nothing.

However, I did end up playing Tales of Vesperia (I bought it at the same time as Xenoblade but never got around to it, I had heard that Tales of ____ was good so I figured why not?). I haven't had a game I enjoyed so much it keeps me up until 3 in the morning for a long time.

They have these mini-cutscenes called "Skits" that appear every so often, your standard head-in-a-box conversations, but some of them are hilarious. The part where you have to get a female party member (or a small boy) to seduce a guard was particularly detrimental to my sides.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Being an ET, I'm eligible to take the E5 exam right off the bat. I just need to get my first eval and then I'm set, and apparently there's a system for sailors who want to take an advancement exam but have no evals (like me!). They'll give me an "eval for purposes of promotion" which is not really a real one, but acts like one. And then I'll take the exam and make E5 in my second year in the Navy, awww yeah! I gotta make my superiors pretty much fall in love with me in the one month I have before the exam, since I'll be arriving on my ship on late july/early august.
That's great. It is better than waiting 1 year before being able to take the E-5 Exam. It'll go by fast. In the mean time I'll be studying for it after I take care of some quals.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, Kirby is pretty beast in teams. I've had some pretty good places with him over the years in doubles. He can play to a lot of different situations in teams.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well i'll tell you a secret: Kirby is the reason I joined smashboards. I'll admit I don't use him or anything, but it was an experience with a certain online kirby that really got my brother and I thinking... We turned to smashboards for information and I got stuck in to it. ^^

Top Bottom