• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think Gaga's talent is too much.

I will never understand how such an abhorrent abomination such as her talent got her to be famous. She can sing and she has a few songs here and there that are very radio friendly, but the majority of her work AND her dress-up shenanigans are NOT what the industry needed. If anything, we need more "Adele"s instead (even though I dislike the genre, I recognize good music when I hear it, and she deserves her fame).

Hell yeah, hipster Kewk is hating on mainstream.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

I will never understand how such an abhorrent abomination such as her talent got her to be famous. She can sing and she has a few songs here and there that are very radio friendly, but the majority of her work AND her dress-up shenanigans are NOT what the industry needed. If anything, we need more "Adele"s instead (even though I dislike the genre, I recognize good music when I hear it, and she deserves her fame).

*image removed*

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh boy, here we go again.

Another delightful gaga discussion that was discussed like the last gaga discussion in the UB thread, lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Never played any D&D style games myself; I've always wondered how the rules work. Are the limitations o characters decided beforehand, are there set restrictions within the game itself, or do you just make stuff up as you go along?

As for ladybug, get well soon! If at all possible, hastily ingest large M-branded tomatoes. A good way to judge size is to try and find one about twice as tall as your head and just over three times as wide.
Sorry I didn't answer that sooner. What types of 'limitations' are we referring to? If you mean greater spells, etc. , that comes as the character levels up. But pretty much the rest of it is how creative you can be. If a blood eagle is chasing after your friend and your friend is wounded and you only have the spell presdigitation, then use it to create a rock above the eagle's head so that he'll get distracted and then focus on you rather than your friend. Things like that. :)

Or, if you mean basic rules, thats all determined by a set of books that were made when D&D really started to catch on. Basically, you have the DM's guide, which helps you on how to be a DM (duh! :-P ), the player's manual, which helps you with basic rules, playing as a character, etc. , monster manual, which gives you what creatures there are (you can add more, and I've heard recently there came a second monster manual. Exciting!), and last of all comes other, not as important books, such as 'savage species', which helps you on how to play monstrous characters, etc etc. ^^

In any case, it's a really fun game, and my whole family plays: My mother, my brother and sister (both way older than me), etc. It's a great RPG that really gets you thinking creatively and has endless hours of enjoyment. I really recommend it. :D

And as for music, pop was never for me. It's not that people like Justin beiber and such are 'bad', per se, but it's more that they're doing what the idustry wants them to, rather than what they want to do themselves. For instance, I can't really say Rebecca Black actually sounds like an electrical machine in real life, it's just those songs.

Then again, I may be wrong. What I dislike is how people hate on these people wityhout realising the effect it has on those people. I certainly would not want to be mass-hated by everyone, i doubt these people do too.

And I've never been mainstream. I never really liked pop, although there are a couple songs I don't mind, qand the same goes to hip-hop and rap. I've had a better taste for jazz, opera, classical, blues, rock, metal, etc. I'm reasonably varied, I guess maybe i just don't want to be mainstream? ;P

She actually does have a good voice, but her voice is too drowned out by all the ****ing digital enhancement effects in her songs to be able to even appreciate.

My dislike for Gaga doesn't really stem from her music so much as it stems from my concerns that she is more of a product than a musician. She does all these things under the guise that she's expressing herself, but I've seen other bands play the same exact act without being such extreme attention *****s about it. From the ridiculous costumes to the generic music riddled with ****ty messages, one would have to seriously question what her intention behind all of this is.

Honestly, I think it's all just an act. It's a clever marketing ploy to get lots of attention and make lots of money. Like, I doubt she's actually as weird as she is in her own time than she is on camera.

The music itself isn't really exciting either. I don't feel any passion or energy behind it when I listen to it. I don't think it's all that creative or imaginative either. She has a voice, but I don't feel like it's demonstrated that well through her songs. Everything is just meh.

---

Kewk, do you listen to Protest the Hero?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I love classical. And oldies. I have yet to find anything that I would prefer to listen to over those two things. Jazz and Blues are very close though. :)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ewk, do you listen to Protest the Hero?
Yep, I've listened to them ever since Kezia. They have some pretty good songwriting in that there band. Currently though, I'm looking at bands like Emery (since they sound like The Receiving End Of Sirens, which is godlike in every song in instruments and songwriting), and after a good number of those songs, I go back to metalcore for some mindless riffs for a good while.
but then i go to videogame music, hell yeah

Yep, I've listened to them ever since Kezia. They have some pretty good songwriting in that there band. Currently though, I'm looking at bands like Emery (since they sound like The Receiving End Of Sirens, which is godlike in every song in instruments and songwriting), and after a good number of those songs, I go back to metalcore for some mindless riffs for a good while.
but then i go to videogame music, hell yeah
I was a fan of theirs for a long time, but it was only recently that I started REALLY listening to them, and man, they're even more impressive than I thought. Songs like Blindfolds Aside have it all, man.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You want godlike in every instrument?

Dream Theater. Sorry, just can't get any better. They are the pinnacle.

:phone:
Tried to get into them, failed at doing so. There's something about songs lasting 10 minutes or longer that doesn't quite cut it for me. It's progressive and evolving throughout every single song sure, and saying they're bad or unskilled is an outright lie and slap in their faces, but I dunno. Not what I was looking for.

I either look for crazy post-hardcore-derivative riffs and rhythms, for thought-inducing songwriting that reminds me of poetry, or if at all possible, a mix of both. Now TREOS isn't crazy or too fast-paced and they don't have solos, but they have some great rhythm and their songwriting... it is nothing short of genius. It has been my favorite non-metal band for as long as I can remember them.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I personally like all types of music. I've always felt that if I closed myself off from a genre or band I'd probably miss out on stuff I like. The stuff I dislike is stuff I genuinely find sucky or annoying.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok, i was wondering if i should ask the kirby boards for advice, and this seems like the perfect time to do so!

i need a good workout playlist, since I've been working out for a couple months now and stuff. I'm getting kinda bored of my own playlist. http://www.playlist.com/playlist/2625410827 should show some of my tastes.

It would be cool to have a playlist of entirely like, upbeat/intense video game music or something. I've never made a playlist on youtube, too lazy, but that would probably be my best bet :/

Do you guys have anything like that by any chance?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I bet there's a specific genre that you have a preference for, though. You may like the majority of them, but there will always be one that makes all your hairs stand on end whenever a good song comes on, and there will always be a genre which you'll fast-forward if you have the choice to do so.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I bet there's a specific genre that you have a preference for, though. You may like the majority of them, but there will always be one that makes all your hairs stand on end whenever a good song comes on, and there will always be a genre which you'll fast-forward if you have the choice to do so.
Even right now I can't find the specific genre.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Don't you mean Celestia's message of love and tolerance?
ICU
I do have genres I like more or less than others. We all have partiality to an object over another. I guess if I had to pick a genre I'd probably pick ska punk since ska punk shows are insanely fun. But then again there's more Jpop, indie and reaggae than ska punk in my top played tracks.

Tried to get into them, failed at doing so. There's something about songs lasting 10 minutes or longer that doesn't quite cut it for me. It's progressive and evolving throughout every single song sure, and saying they're bad or unskilled is an outright lie and slap in their faces, but I dunno. Not what I was looking for.

I either look for crazy post-hardcore-derivative riffs and rhythms, for thought-inducing songwriting that reminds me of poetry, or if at all possible, a mix of both. Now TREOS isn't crazy or too fast-paced and they don't have solos, but they have some great rhythm and their songwriting... it is nothing short of genius. It has been my favorite non-metal band for as long as I can remember them.
My issue with Dream Theatre is their sound. There's just something wrong with their sound that's simply not that appealing enough.

Like, their craft and musicianship are amazing. They're VERY creative and talented at what they do, one would be kidding themself to say otherwise. They can solo like madmen and can put together the greatest sequence of notes ever. It's just their sound isn't captivating enough. Cannt put my finger on what it is exactly.

For reference though, I have the same issue with Neighborhhoods by Blink 182. Good songs, bad sound.

I guess you have a point with the solos too. I'll elaborate later.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
My issue with Dream Theatre is their sound. There's just something wrong with their sound that's simply not that appealing enough.

Like, their craft and musicianship are amazing. They're VERY creative and talented at what they do, one would be kidding themself to say otherwise. They can solo like madmen and can put together the greatest sequence of notes ever. It's just their sound isn't captivating enough. Cannt put my finger on what it is exactly.

For reference though, I have the same issue with Neighborhhoods by Blink 182. Good songs, bad sound.

I guess you have a point with the solos too. I'll elaborate later.
I get where you're coming from, and that's pretty much what the majority of people say about DT. I guess it's just a matter of if you love em or if you don't care for them. For instance, you say 10 min songs are just too much, I pray for them to never end.

Granted, DT has this annoying tendency to be hit-or-miss with their albums. Most of them are awesome and I wouldn't mind having them play as the soundtrack to my life, while a few of them are just...bleh, and I have the same reaction as you guys.
But yea, as a guitarist, I HAVE to love Petrucci. He's just too amazing. That's also why I tend to gravitate towards his solo work a bt more often than DT itself. Sometimes i'm just not in the mood for their sound, like you said.

I've also listened to some TREOS, and I can dig it. Good shizz. They definitely seem to be much more lyric-oriented than anything I'm used to, however.
It's weird tho, I'm a classic rock guy at heart (Van Halen, Def Leppard, Led Zep, etc) but for some reason this stuff attracts me like something else...

DAMMIT you guys got me started on music, novel posts OP, plz nerf. Sorry.

Don't worry, I am the king of walls of text. Your post is what I would like to consider a post of good length. :p

Is TREOS short for something?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Don't worry, I am the king of walls of text. Your post is what I would like to consider a post of good length. :p

Is TREOS short for something?
The Receiving End Of Sirens.

Wumbo105, as a guitarist, I'm sure you've heard of Animals As Leaders and their guitarist (and sole member when it started), Tosin Abasi. If you haven't, I suggest you look them up! If anything, here's a song of theirs that I absolutely love and cannot get enough of.

[yt]BEjym3oVAuo[/yt]

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
MoGi, I don't have the ability to change from replays to videos because I don't have the hardware or programs to do so. I gave them to someone, and they told me that since there were FAR too many replays for him to record and upload, that I should choose a few of them instead then give them to him. And that's what I plan to do. I can't do these things immediately because I also gotta work every day from 6:00am 'til about 4:00pm, and I want to play my favorite games and go out as well.

Man, where's your patience? I'm a normal person just like you and everyone else, I can't always be doing everything at the same time. :/

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
The Receiving End Of Sirens.

Wumbo105, as a guitarist, I'm sure you've heard of Animals As Leaders and their guitarist (and sole member when it started), Tosin Abasi. If you haven't, I suggest you look them up! If anything, here's a song of theirs that I absolutely love and cannot get enough of.

[yt]BEjym3oVAuo[/yt]
I did not know about him, and I'm very glad you've let me know about him. I love it when I come across new stuff, I spend days and days obsessing over it lol. So far from what I've heard in the past hour, he's pretty damn epic.

[yt]BEjym3oVAuo[/yt ]
Uuuuuughh, another remarkable song soiled by a bad mix. I hate being an audiophile, I can't forgive this.

Top Bottom