• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

No, when I say mix I'm talking about EQ levels and frequency stuff. I don't mean remixes or anything of the sort. When you're an audiophile like me, all those little things drive you crazy, similarly to how things can't be unseen, so you're doomed to see them like that forever.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Fuujin, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop using gif's and/or posting unnecessary pics for a while. Normally I wouldn't mind, but you know how the staff has been with you regarding the spamming of pics around the boards in the past. I don't want to be "that guy" who enabled your behavior simply because you have no bad history in the other forums you decide to visit. I hope you understand my situation and there's no bad blood between us. :)

Also, that's not good music. Just saying. :awesome:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's okay Fuu the Zelda boards are still safe :o

(because they're dead as heck)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's not garbage, It's just plain.

I honestly have no hate or whatever towards company celebrities such as Justin bieber, Taylor swift, zac Efron, and many other pop stars that people hate for some silly reason. Actually, do I even have any reason to hate them? And why would I join the hate bandwagon and constantly make smack talk towards them? It's pointless to me. I just really don't care. Because the only thing I want to enjoy right now, is listening to music that I find nice without anyone saying if it sucks or not.

If people say I had bad taste in music, I wouldn't care. :/

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Kewky is clearly just mad he can't twerk.

Also posting gifs isn't against the rules unless I'm spamming the same one over and over.
If someone doesn't like it you should point them towards the ignore button.
I will continue to post gifs and they will deal.

Or I'll just get banned again.

oh and FYI a lot of other people are starting to use gifs around here, so expect to be editing alot of post.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I do not care at this point.

Right now, All my life will be drenched in hype as Project X and The Lorax came out.

AND THE AVENGERS IS COMING OUT THIS WEEKEND TOO.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Vinyl., people hate on them because it's fun most of the time. It's fun having a target for jokes, and Justin bieber just so happens to have volunteered himself with his comment about being "the Kurt Kobain of his generation". Same as Gaga by simply being weird. Same as Rebecca Black with her "Friday" music video appearing in the "Related Videos" for just about everything in YouTube. Blah blah blah... People usually admit that their music isn't bad, it's just it's so much more fun to make fun of them than having nothing to do.

I personally cannot play a Justin Bieber song and get past the intro. I tried and I almost died. I don't hate his music and it could be good for all I know, but I absolutely detest that genre to no end. Thank Aaron Carter on Nickelodeon back in the day for me disliking that genre.

@ Fuujin: Alright, if you want to play that game, no prob man. Just remember to follow the rules in the OP of the Kirby General Thread and we'll be fine. Remember that if you break one of the rules it's a minor spam infraction! Also if the community decides on you not belonging here because you don't listen to their requests/are too condescending/dance around the rules too much/blablabla, room bans happen here too, and these being very minor sub-forums, permanent room bans aren't rare at all.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Did Justin Bieber really call himself the Cobain of our generation? Talk about delusional.
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/09/post-42

The quote and post where he had said that could be found somewhere around the internet, but yeah. That's pretty much the source of all his "hate". I'm sure people don't HATE him, it's just funny to have an icon for certain types of memes, and he practically volunteered to be 'it'.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm obviously talking about his ego, man. Ego is always a male word. ;)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
my upper back/lower neck/side shoulder or something hurts, and has for days >=( not sure if it's because i did a workout wrong, or because 2muchcomputer

it will go away, i'm sure.

nobody linked me a good workout playlist, oh well.

video games

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't do playlists, per se, but I have posted A LOT of upbeat tunes. I can give you a start if you want, and you can go from there. It was upbeat video game tunes, wasn't it? In that case, start off with stuff like yoshi's island: Flower garden, althletic course, etc. You can use pokemon for some, but if I go to pokemon I tend to go for their battle tunes before I start listening to the town themes (which is sad, because it took me a loooooong time to realise how good hearthome city is at night). From there, you can look at odds and ends, or your own pieces. Take the two credit songs out of the portal games, some exploration stuff out of Secret of evermore, and take a LONG look at the soundtracks of Chrono Trigger and Terranigma. If you want chiptune, my friend tells me that scott pilgrim vs. the world has some nice stuff, although it might be good to check on that, and of course, look up stuff from your own games. It took me a while to think of typing in 'Donald Duck: Maui Mallard' and listening to those (also a good choice, btw), and look at tunes you haven't seen or heard before (songs from Croc, for me).

Going through all of that, you should end yourself up with a pretty hefty soundtrack. :)

Althogh, when you think about it, take out the names I put in, and that could be the recipe for finding your own music for any genre. Hehehe...

Also, in terms of genre, maybe i don't want to be mainstream, but then again, I don't tend to find that most rap really gets me interested, and pop is... Hmm.... Not that I don't have some songs I like from those genres, just nowhere near as many as other genres, such as older jazz.

Heatwave - Ethel waters (It's so hot a chicken laid an egg on the street and it friiiiieeed!)

I can't dance, i've got ants in my pants - Valaida snow

etc. etc. ^^

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
It feels weird playing as kirby in 64 and brawl, since hes almost completely 2 different people in 64/brawl. I keep trying to d-throw and u-air when d-throw doesnt exist in 64 and u-air is not the same as it is in brawl. :facepalm:

But i do use b-air lot though .... and kirby's n-air and fair in 64 is sexy :smirk:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, playing that Wakfu MMO, maining that pathetically nerfed Sram.

Too bad none of you play it. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hell yeah, Wakfu's preetty good. It's brand new so the content that there is is small for the magnitude of the game it's aiming to be, but there is still a whole lot to do. I'm using one of the weakest classes in the game (thanks to a surprise nerf by the company, due to it having been THE OP class during Beta!), level 32 right now, improving my professions to make myself a very fine merchant sometime in the future, and thinking about becoming an outlaw and killing the ******* selfish political leaders in the game (who are players voted into office by the rest of the player population for each of the four great nations).

Ohhhh man, that is gonna feel soooo gooood.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Oh, there was a link on the site labeled "Play for free now!", so I was just about to ask you if it was one of those "Play 7% of the content and be bombarded by P2P ads all the while" deals.

Shame that MMO developers haven't figured out an appealing business model to get people to buy a digital product without being so aggressively commercial.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, it's that type of MMO. But to be honest, every MMO is either F2P with a cash shop that givses you amazing stats, or Pay-to-Play with like 5% of content available for the free-to-play minority.

I have to admit though, it's really cheap. $6 a month and like $57 for a year or something.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I've actually considered trying LoL recently, it's only been getting more popular, and is attracting way more attention than most any multiplayer game I play. Though from what I hear, the community is terrible, and there's very little depth to the game itself.

I'd like to be proved wrong though. Few things get me going like that "new game smell".

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's true, the community IS pretty terrible, and there IS very little depth (terrible community and/or depth comes with free-to-play games, guaranteed). I personally dunno what all the hype is about. My roommate's a top 50 player (EyeMTheStron9est, Katarina mainer, aka BLACKWALTZ lawl), and watching him play still doesn't hype me the least bit. :\

Not to mention he gets backstabbed all the time and stuff.

Top Bottom