• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Eh, I missed it too. Mostly because I'm practicing kirby with combos, as this is how it mostly fits kirby's fighting style.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
It's done.

USA crew beat the rest of world crew by 4 stocks.

EDIT: Isai and Captain Jack are going to play a best to 5 set in a bit!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, I instantly lmfao'd at that. But jesus christ, the fight with Cj and PP ended quickly.

---

Round 2 Pool Matches are now being called.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Alright, I just got back from playing hooky (coolest dad ever or what) only to learn that the teachers are going on strike lol. I think this means no spring break, but I could care less right now.

Imma hop on to the Apex stream, seeing as you guys are pretty hyped.

As for that Xenoblade thing, it seems pretty cool, is it a sequel? If you can direct me to an NTSC version of the original title, I'm willing to try it. Giant golem-robots with keyblades have never given me reason to distrust them before.

EDIT: Never mind

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wish there was a kfc in my base. :(

I also wish there would be more Brawl players to practice with. The only other good Brawl player here is constantly putting off playing with me, and then some new smasher show3ed up, but he plays Melee instead. :(

*is still pretty decent and proud of his Melee Samus*

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Does anyone know if Otori and Kakera beat Vinnie and Snakeee? LOL. I didn't get to see the match the whole way through.

The top8 in teams:

Winners:
M2K/Anti
ADHD/Nairo
Kakera/Otori
Chudat/Fatal

Losers:
Dojo/Ally
Gnes/Razer
Sky/Zex
Havok/Tearbear (I think they're already out)

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Drowned in pools. Sorry, guys. =P
Haha, aw man but NOT without leaving an impression on MVD, Bassem, and the rest of my poolmates! I messed up on critical points but I'll get better! Aw man 3rd place in pools! >.<
Anyway, I met Chu! We went completely even in dittos it was awesome! We teamed up for friendly team battles and *****; such synergy! I even gave him a few tips about Kirby from the fellow Kirby community that I felt he should know. Chu generates such hype, watchin him play in person and pull out his shenanigans is amazing! Haha! I gained a lot of experience, and knowledge about myself from Apex--a lot.

Zzz... My gosh my pool was almost the last to be called. -.-
:phone:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hellz no. No no no no no wayyyyy! Maybe 'cause I learned the dittto by watching him.:ohwell: I will say that after seeing tons of other Kirby's face Chu, I was the only one to bring him down to last stocks and high percentage. =] He complimented me, I'll never forget that! ='D
I really wished to grab the replays but there were barely any hacked wiis! >.<

Did you guys see Chu and Fatal Vs. Br00d and Yukko??? :bee:
There needed to be better Kirbies... Where were you guys??

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I believe Bassem got 1st in pool and MVD got 2nd.
I don't know about the results for round 2 though. The tournament was running really behind schedule.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, top 2 making it out of pools is pretty hard to achieve, considering the amount of higher-leveled players around...
and metaknight

I wish I could've gone, but I'm in school AND I'm very rusty with no one to practice with... I absolutely hate CPUs due to how they know your inputs from the moment you press them and how you can't mindgame them because they powershield everything. All you can do is exploit their stupidity over and over and over...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dojo got 1st in his pool, Bloodcross 2nd. Chu drowns at 3rd.
What does bloodcross play? The name sounds familiar, but I didn't know he was that good.
Same with Dojo (MK right?) I didn't know he still played.

Completely surprised that Chu didn't make it out o_o has it been a long time since he's played? Did he use solely kirby? :O

BBQTV

Smash Master
after watching hbox ruin apex, melee is the worse game much worse then brawl......

this is all mango's fault for losing......

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How did Hbox ruin apex? Jigglypuff is at least interesting against some characters...

probably not gonna watch brawl finals but hopefully they're better than melee was

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
bloodcross plays mk and falco, did any kirby make it into bracket? and if anyone cares i managed to make into 2nd round pools going all kirby.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I care, making it to second round of pools, considering how poor Kirby did as a whole in this tourney, is something to applaud. Keep getting better though, we need more representation! Our top leve players couldn't even make it into brackets, this is a sad day. :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Loved all the hype at Apex!
I even enjoyed Melee Finals, but I really wish they would have done USA vs The World for Brawl. :(

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Kwekky, your posts in the "MK banworthy questionable" thread are quite inspirational. I very so much agree.
That post made me go look up that thread. I'd have to see the games in question myself to come to any conclusions, but from what I've read, it made me question the whole ban situation. To think the last time I was here I would have clearly supported a "nuke it from orbit" policy, but if what they were saying is true, then maybe there is hope.

Personally, I prefer the air think they could implement a MK limitation in BO3 sets where MK is only usable by each player in one of the games.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
While I don't mind the ban. I do agree with Kewkky that people have just taken the easy route and dropping thier main by playing MK and claiming to be better you. There hasn't been much evolution through the cast because people have abandoned the rest of the cast to jump the bandwagon. Kewkky said it passionately better though! :laugh:

Although, people should still learn the MK matchup and this could hinder that. :ohwell:

Top Bottom