• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Playing as Falcon came pretty natural to me cause he be sportin' that pink! :bee:

Hahaha, also cause two of Falcon's best aerials are his U-air and B-air. Anytime I need to warm up my fingers I go Falcon. :laugh:

That manliness is just too good. :falcon:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ZSS came before Kirby for me, so I never got to Fox either. :(

She also uses her uair and bair all the time. Sucks that she uses sideB a lot, and that Kirby grabs a lot, their playstyles get really weird if you do the opposite for each other.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Asdioh, were you at SiiS4? I saw Nipaa! written on the dry erase board in one of the rooms at the venue, and I instantly thought it was you. XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Completely unrelated to Kirby, I sometimes find myself forgetting to breathe. I guess I can't say breathing is natural to me. :( /zombie

However... Playing as Kirby is as natural to me as pooping.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh, were you at SiiS4? I saw Nipaa! written on the dry erase board in one of the rooms at the venue, and I instantly thought it was you. XD
no o_O weird.

i'd like to have gone but i requested like 12 days off work, and i didn't want to work for like 1 week then request more time off again, even if just a day or two. how'd the tournament go? I heard that singles brackets hadn't even started by 10 pm, but that could have been wrong.
playing as kirby is as natural to me as breathing
me too :bee::kirby2::kirby3:

edit: kirby3 still isn't
:[

Zwarm

Smash Hero
no o_O weird.

i'd like to have gone but i requested like 12 days off work, and i didn't want to work for like 1 week then request more time off again, even if just a day or two. how'd the tournament go? I heard that singles brackets hadn't even started by 10 pm, but that could have been wrong.

me too :bee::kirby2::kirby3:

edit: kirby3 still isn't
:[
There's someone out there that loves Rika as much as we do! XD

It was pretty fun, I feel like I did pretty bad in MM's and pools, but I had a death pool. Pools didn't start until 6, so 10 sounds about right for singles to start. There was a 2 and a half hour gap between doubles and pools, so everything ran later than they should have. The tournament ended around 3. :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well man, you're stressed all the time and your life is quite busy. Other people don't have it as bad as you, so they can concentrate on tourneys, fests, and whatever else they want. Meanwhile, you're doing overtime at your dishwashing job while having girl problems, not to mention college not making it any easier. It's not that they get better faster because they're that good, but because your current life impedes you from doing so. :/
Hmmm... hadn't seen this before, but maybe you're right. (Although girl problems have finally ended. It took me way, WAY too long to get through that though. Ah well, the whole experience helped me drastically improve as a person.)

I think Fox comes naturally to Kirby players. I like playing Fox in all the Smash games so far.
I must be the exception. I hate Fox with a passion, and in both Melee and 64 I HATED the Star Fox characters.

Completely unrelated to Kirby, I sometimes find myself forgetting to breathe. I guess I can't say breathing is natural to me.
Haha, that reminds me of a blond joke...

It was pretty fun, I feel like I did pretty bad in MM's and pools, but I had a death pool. Pools didn't start until 6, so 10 sounds about right for singles to start. There was a 2 and a half hour gap between doubles and pools, so everything ran later than they should have. The tournament ended around 3. :/
Practically everyone had a death pool. There were only like 2-3 pools I think I could have made it out of (I really wish I would have had M2K's pool actually. For some reason he always seems to have easy pools. I mean yeah, I wouldn't have a chance at 1st seed, but I could have easily been 2nd or 3rd IMO.).

My pool included 2 people who made top 10, and my 3rd seed made 17th :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Practically everyone had a death pool. There were only like 2-3 pools I think I could have made it out of (I really wish I would have had M2K's pool actually. For some reason he always seems to have easy pools. I mean yeah, I wouldn't have a chance at 1st seed, but I could have easily been 2nd or 3rd IMO.).

My pool included 2 people who made top 10, and my 3rd seed made 17th :p
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have minded getting M2K's pool. My friend was actually in that pool, but she didn't do too well because she wasn't feeling the greatest. She told me she kept SDing because she couldn't think straight. :/

My pool's top 3 was 5th, 13th, and 13th, haha.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
OMG

I love Kirby <3 I'm normally very quick with him, and good with comboing. I just can't stand the n00b Kirbys who all they do is use Rock, it really makes all Kirbys look bad, when the GOOD Kirby players don't use Rock like every second.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
OMG

I love Kirby <3 I'm normally very quick with him, and good with comboing. I just can't stand the n00b Kirbys who all they do is use Rock, it really makes all Kirbys look bad, when the GOOD Kirby players don't use Rock like every second.
Well I can assure you that here no one plays like that. We're all don't-use-Rock-every-second people. ;)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Fromundaman- It's safe to say that neither you nor Zwarm would've made it out of M2k's pool. That was my pool. It had M2k, so first seed is gone. It had Cook, tied for best Olimar in the MW, so that's the second seed gone. It had SneakyTako who didn't lose to anyone but the first and second seed and it had me, who sorry Fromundaman but I didn't lose to you in the MM and I don't think you would've beat me in pools. I was experimenting with dropping Kirby midway through pools so I lost a set I shouldn't have otherwise I would've 2-0'd everyone but the first 3 seeds.

People complain about pools but the top 3 seeds in every pool, with maybe one or two exceptions, were already decided. Your aim was to get lucky and unseat the third seed.

@Zwarm- I 3stocked the **** out of Umashi. Both times if I remember correctly. She might've been feeling sick/bad or whatever but that doesn't change how someone plays dramatically. Hylian was deathly sick, wearing three coats at one point in a hot roo because he was freezing, and he still placed like 17th?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
My pool wasn't death...had a chance at getting second seed

definitely should have (And probably was marked) as third seed....emotion/boredom ****

its whatever...I'll make sure to get out of pools next time and not rush nigahz down with kirby as if that is legit.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I gotta admit, I was watching your pool matches TKO. You should've beaten that sheik, but like you said, you were just too aggro. I was like ;_; don't give up....

Zwarm

Smash Hero
@ Fromundaman- It's safe to say that neither you nor Zwarm would've made it out of M2k's pool. That was my pool. It had M2k, so first seed is gone. It had Cook, tied for best Olimar in the MW, so that's the second seed gone. It had SneakyTako who didn't lose to anyone but the first and second seed and it had me, who sorry Fromundaman but I didn't lose to you in the MM and I don't think you would've beat me in pools. I was experimenting with dropping Kirby midway through pools so I lost a set I shouldn't have otherwise I would've 2-0'd everyone but the first 3 seeds.

People complain about pools but the top 3 seeds in every pool, with maybe one or two exceptions, were already decided. Your aim was to get lucky and unseat the third seed.

@Zwarm- I 3stocked the **** out of Umashi. Both times if I remember correctly. She might've been feeling sick/bad or whatever but that doesn't change how someone plays dramatically. Hylian was deathly sick, wearing three coats at one point in a hot roo because he was freezing, and he still placed like 17th?
It's funny how cocky you are. You've never even played me, yet you assume you're a **** ton better than me. I'm not saying I was gonna make it out of that pool, but at least it wasn't a pool where top 3 was already guaranteed like mine with Coney/Arty/Dj Scribble. I could have fought for third seed in your pool.

And **** affects people differently. You don't know Umashi like I do, so don't assume that because Hylian was somewhat able to deal with not feeling well that everyone can do it, because it's not true. So congratulations, you 3-stocked her twice. I hope you're proud of yourself! :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I bet I could've 3-stocked someone. :(

Wait til I'm at USA and done with basic training! I'll have a 2-week break to do whatever I want, I hope there's tourneys and smashfests somewhere near where I'll be cuz I want to kick some serious *** with the pink puffball. :mad:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
It's funny how cocky you are. You've never even played me, yet you assume you're a **** ton better than me. I'm not saying I was gonna make it out of that pool, but at least it wasn't a pool where top 3 was already guaranteed like mine with Coney/Arty/Dj Scribble. I could have fought for third seed in your pool.

And **** affects people differently. You don't know Umashi like I do, so don't assume that because Hylian was somewhat able to deal with not feeling well that everyone can do it, because it's not true. So congratulations, you 3-stocked her twice. I hope you're proud of yourself! :D
It's funny how stupid you are. Notice how the first paragraph was directed almost entirely at fromundaman since his name was the first thing I put before that paragraph. You're listed because you seem to think that you would've made it out of that pool and while it may have been possible that you could have, I've seen you play and I doubt it. Didn't you make last in your pool? LAWL, probably.

And being sick may affect people different, but it's just a giant john when you get 0-2'd your whole pool. One match, anywhere would be nice. Obviously she wasn't too sick to go to the club! OH ****.

Tl;dr- Lrn2read.

Idiot.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I saw that, I'm not stupid, but you still addressed me, and I just said I probably could have done well in your pool. And no, I got 4th or 5th seed in my pool, nice try though.

I never said she was sick, she wasn't feeling well. She still wasn't feeling well when she went to the club, but she didn't want to miss the chance to go, so she went anyway. I don't really feel the need to explain anything about her to you, so just leave it at that.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Come on guys, drop it. If you want to continue it, do it through VMs/PMs. It's obvious someone treaded on thin ice here, let's try and stop this from becoming a flame war. :\

EDIT: Ah well, Zwarm ninja'd the mod. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
who is this "she" you are talking about?

It had Cook, tied for best Olimar in the MW, so that's the second seed gone.
that name sounds... vaguely familiar.
It had SneakyTako who didn't lose to anyone but the first and second seed
I think I beat him in pools a few months ago :3
or more than a few months ago, I lose track of time.
Coney/Arty/Dj Scribble
Never met Coney, but I'd be scared of his Dedede.
I've met Arty at a couple tournies but haven't played him. I don't know how good he is, but I think I'd have hella fun playing him, because people have said he's fun to play, plus Fox vs Falco is one of my favorite matchups by far.
And Scrib... he has a magic "beat Asdioh" button that he pushes whenever he gets to last stock, high % ;_;

Also, don't go Kirby against him. lol.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
who is this "she" you are talking about?

Never met Coney, but I'd be scared of his Dedede.
I've met Arty at a couple tournies but haven't played him. I don't know how good he is, but I think I'd have hella fun playing him, because people have said he's fun to play, plus Fox vs Falco is one of my favorite matchups by far.
And Scrib... he has a magic "beat Asdioh" button that he pushes whenever he gets to last stock, high % ;_;

Also, don't go Kirby against him. lol.
She is Umashi, one of my close friends, she plays Link.

I'd played Arty/Coney a few times before this, but I play ROB, I don't have much experience for either of those MU's, and they're two of his hardest, so I didn't really expect much. It was my first time playing Scrib, and I feel like I did pretty well against him, but again, a really bad MU for ROB. I'm working on other characters for them now, probably picking up Pikachu again for the first two, not sure about MK yet.

Surprisingly, even though Arty and I are both from IL, I don't play him that often, which kinda sucks, I need more Falco experience. :/
Arty I hope you namesearch this, we need to play each other soon.

Triple R

Smash Lord

I think I could of made it outta your pool lol. It would've been close, but I know I can compete with Arty. But of course I have a different matchup than you do with ROB :p

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
HEY GUYZ

As you all may be aware, the BBR's been doing a matchup chart for a bit (we got BBR members saying it everywhere so whatever). I just want to ask you all... Since we all agree that Lucas is easier than Ness, and it's one of our MUs that's on the fence to a 60:40 but not quite there yet for some reason, would you guys agree to settle it on a 60:40, or would you prefer to leave it as a 55:45 MU?

Me, the Lucas rep and another Kirby rep have agreed to put it as 60:40, but I want to ask you guys too since you're the Kirby community, and this is a project for the community. ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have minded getting M2K's pool. My friend was actually in that pool, but she didn't do too well because she wasn't feeling the greatest. She told me she kept SDing because she couldn't think straight. :/

My pool's top 3 was 5th, 13th, and 13th, haha.
Who was in your pool? My top 3 were King Toon, Kain, and Capem.

Maybe you're right, IDK. Last time I played Sil (who last I heard was better, but IDK, been a while since I played Sneaky) it went to last hit last game, so I feel that could have gone either way.
I feel much more confident in the Oli MU (Who's he tied with for best oli? IDK, someone told me he wasn't that great) after coming pretty close to taking a game from logic in our MM, but IDK, that could have also been a loss. Never played the guy after all.
Yeah, I probably would have lost to you again. I think I only know how to play against Kirby now kinda thanks to playing against Kain, which I wouldn't have done if I had been in another pool. I think I might have had a better chance in the ditto, but TBH, even for a tourny win, I still wouldn't have played the ditto. I hate it THAT much (I just don't enjoy the game when I play the Kirby ditto, or a lot of character dittos actually) XD
Also, I was playing better in pools than our MM, but I'm going to assume the same was true for you.
Also I like the subtle way you called me bad, but it's cool. I mean, you beat me, so I can't really say a whole lot. All I can do is try to do better next time.

That being said, for top 3 being predetermined in most pools, I call BS. Part of the reason pools were so hard for people was because most pools had 3-4 3rd seeds contestants, and some had multiple 1st seed contestants. In fact, that's why there were so many ties in pools, including that crazy 3-way tie scenario in KB's pool.

On a side note, jesus Jowii, IDK if it's agressive trolling or what, but why the hell are you so aggressive to everyone online?

@Zwarm: Heh, Scribz knows ROB pretty well. He's an ex-ROB main actually.

yes but...look at my post count.

i have no life.
This made me lol way more than it should have.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow, I just realized I replied to one of your posts saying who your top 3 were while asking for your top 3.
*doh* fail!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So ZombieSwarm is a really cool guy and anyone that has a problem with him has to get through ME.

edit: and i've met him irl and DIDN'T EVEN KNOW UNTIL JUST NOW

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*gets no opinions*

Ah well, I'll just choose whichever I desire. BBR Kirby representative GO *does a little transformation dance*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I can't really say. The only Lucas I play semi-regularly I use Mario for, because that MU is like 100000x more fun.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
6:4 it is! That's another good MU for Kirby...

I'm quite sure you guys will be pleased with what I've accomplished in the discussions. ;)

Top Bottom