• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Lol?

what you go harder then that?

because I play waaaaaay more lax then Ling did...might be a bad thing but allied been showing me/getting me used to going in...so I guess im shifiting back to neutral between passive and agressive

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I do too much shield-dashing, I'm always trying to be on top of my opponents if I score a first hit, and stuff like that. I usually play careful, but since I also use ZSS and she's kinda like a rush-down character, I got the habit. Ling seemed much less risky than my style is all I'm saying. ;)

Uffe

Smash Hero
This should probably be in the questions and answers topic, but is Kirby supposed to be aggressive or not? Anyway, cool video that TeeVee posted up.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
kirby is very versatile in doubles (i have no clue about whether he should be agressive or campy in singles) and can play either agressive or campy depending on your partner and who you're going against.

against the 2 snakes ling ling played agressive and rushed down the snakes while i nadod. we had to put pressure on them so they couldnt set up and camp. but against a mk team id assume kirby would be more campy and only going in when hes gonna get the kill or knows hes gonna grab or hit off a set up from his teamate.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wow, I really enjoyed watching Ling's Kirby! Twas a beautiful thing.

Edit: Ling Ling is Puerto Rican, I see. Heh, Kewkky must be proud to see PR showin' their moves! :laugh:

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
nair is such an underated move... it is GREAT oos (probably kirby's best oos option), has decent KO potential, and can be used to edgeguard people thanks to its super armor frames

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm 1/4 puerto rican....lol

3/4 black

and Kirby is NOT an aggresive character in singles...doesn't mean you have to camp but IMO. the most

he is more of a Defense to offense characters.

you just play defensive till you get that opening then run in and get a string of attacks and then it resets

thats like an Overall synopsis...not everyone will follow it though...lol

Allied

Smash Master
everyone gets bodied by MK

only other "unwinnable" matchup is GaW but they still get beat...lol
kirby loses to

mk, snake, d3, ices, falco, gnw, wario, marth, olimar

you can still win but top players with these characters will body kirbies.

thats what i'm saying, anything is possible though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
everyone gets bodied by MK

only other "unwinnable" matchup is GaW but they still get beat...lol
☯ Yep, Mr. Game & Watch match up is harder than Meta Knight, but for some reason I always seem to win a match with Mr. Game & Watch after 2008. The reason I got was that 90% of the people who main him are all bad. I could not respond to that, lol.

kirby loses to

mk, snake, d3, ices, falco, gnw, wario, marth, olimar

you can still win but top players with these characters will body kirbies.

thats what i'm saying, anything is possible though.
☯ I'll agree with Snake, Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ice Climbers. Marth is still debatable, I personally disagree with Olimar but other Kirby users have a rough time with him. But King Dedede, Falco, and Wario against Kirby is either even or a small advantage.

Allied

Smash Master
☯ Yep, Mr. Game & Watch match up is harder than Meta Knight, but for some reason I always seem to win a match with Mr. Game & Watch after 2008. The reason I got was that 90% of the people who main him are all bad. I could not respond to that, lol.
its true theres only like 2 gnw mains that can actually use their character correctly.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
kirby definitely does not get bodied by wario or falco or D3 (unless its coney)
wario and falco are manageable matchups D3 is close to even

the rest of that list is true tho

Snake isn't too big of a problem as long as you don't allow him to set up camp.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Speaking of MK, which is everyone's favorite subject when it comes to match-ups. How come I never see anybody really use Kirby's up + B? I was watching this guys Kirby going up against Seibrik's MK, and they were only friendlies, but not once did I see him use up + B against MK as a spacing tool when all Seibrik was doing was waiting for him to approach. I'm not saying to spam it by 10 fold and hope to get results. I'm just saying that whenever I see a perfect opportunity for it to be used, it doesn't happen. Is it really that bad?

EDIT: Also, this Kirby was able to get in a few inhales to copy MK's ability, but not once did he ever use up + B. Lame.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
because up-b is a horrible move if whiffed

the risk vs reward just isn't worth it

not to mention if you hit with it going up mk can DI+ airdodge the down hit therefore getting a free hit on you because of landing lag.

Uffe

Smash Hero
because up-b is a horrible move if whiffed

the risk vs reward just isn't worth it

not to mention if you hit with it going up mk can DI+ airdodge the down hit therefore getting a free hit on you because of landing lag.
I meant at a distance. Not hitting with the blade, but having the projectile fling towards him.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh well then thats obvious...

the minute kirby starts rising mk just starts dashing...power shield the shockwave...continue dash and grab or up-b or whatever

I mean I will admit I have used Up-B in the match before but it would always be like on BF and after i hit an MK off and he was gliding back to stage.

other then that up-b is almost never a viable option

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dont think Wario, Snake, D3, Falco and G&W are bad at all. In fact I believe Wario/DDD are even, G&W is a slight disadvantage, Snake is simply a disadvantage, and we hit Falcos hard.

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
I think wario and snake are pretty bad mu's but that's a personal thing, it depends with snake though cus if u can get his nades u can do some real damage, if not u have to stay on his *** so he won't camp u.

and yes we do indeed hit falcos pretty hard :)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
we do not hit falcos hard at all kewkky

that was 08

that matchup is even at best and if not slight advantage to falco but nothing relevant... i mean a 2 percent advantage at best...lol

Allied

Smash Master
☯ I'll agree with Snake, Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ice Climbers. Marth is still debatable, I personally disagree with Olimar but other Kirby users have a rough time with him. But King Dedede, Falco, and Wario against Kirby is either even or a small advantage. [/QUOTE]

Metaright ***** kirby

likes its not even close

Snake if he knows the matchup solidly beats him

GnW ***** Kirby

Ice Climbers **** kirby

Marth is around 55-45 marth easily if they know the matchup if not, its about even

D3 beats Kirby. around 55-45. maybe 6-4

Falco beats kirby 55-45

Wario ***** kirby omg its so easy looool

idk then again alot of kirby boards lives in 2008 or denial

but kirby gets beat with most high - mid tier characters

2008 was amazing
2009 was alright
2010 sucked
2011 = unviable

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Allied: G&W isn't that bad, Wario I don't see how he's that bad, the rest I can mostly agree with.

I'm back from vacation x_x

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah, I believe that we beat up Falco pretty bad. And Kirby is still quite viable. I think you never used Kirby at his best Allied, and you base your assumptions on your experiences. My assumptions are based from my experiences as well, so until I go to USA and everyone beats me soundly at every tourney I go no matter what I do or how much I improve, I'll still truly believe Kirby is quite viable, and I'll stand by my opinion of his MUs... I mean, my beliefs can't just be broken by talking, even less so when they're pretty strong.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'll be the to tell you everything he said up there is true in america atleast you put the top Kirby agains the top (insert other character) and it will almost always go the way it is describe up there

except for Wario....I just beat slik...in a best of 5 set

and he beat chu so its not like he doesn't know the matchup. that **** is not as bad as you are making it out to be allied.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
nair is such an underated move... it is GREAT oos (probably kirby's best oos option), has decent KO potential, and can be used to edgeguard people thanks to its super armor frames
I personally think Dair OoS is better.

I dont think Wario, Snake, D3, Falco and G&W are bad at all. In fact I believe Wario/DDD are even, G&W is a slight disadvantage, Snake is simply a disadvantage, and we hit Falcos hard.
I agree with all of that except Falco. Falco can really go either way. It's a weird MU... it almost feels like both characters are disadvantaged to me XD
Falco has REALLY good tools for playing keep away, camping, and zoning Kirby. However, when Kirby gets in, he has ridiculous combos and has a way easier time taking stocks IMO.

That being said, not bad is also not good. These characters all have an advantage on us (except D3 IMO).

Oh and Allied, your *insert anything* beats my *insert anything* so long as I keep doing whatever you tell me to do XD
I still can't get over that... "Fsmash my shield Kirby!" *Fsmashes shield* "WHY DID I DO THAT?!"

Allied

Smash Master
Nah, I believe that we beat up Falco pretty bad. And Kirby is still quite viable. I think you never used Kirby at his best Allied, and you base your assumptions on your experiences. My assumptions are based from my experiences as well, so until I go to USA and everyone beats me soundly at every tourney I go no matter what I do or how much I improve, I'll still truly believe Kirby is quite viable, and I'll stand by my opinion of his MUs... I mean, my beliefs can't just be broken by talking, even less so when they're pretty strong.
Nope come to america

Falco ***** kirby.

Also what do you generally place? and where? Its completely different over here.

also i have alot of experience and accomplishments with kirby from 2008 - 2009 and you are right it wasn't at the top of level but i was at a level where i truly understand my character it wasn't just (oh i got beat on wifi ugh i hate this character) it was more like (hey i got timed out by doom in tournament because kirby cannot touch metaknight)

and thats fine i'm not trying to convince you

i'm giving you straight facts ;]

I'll be the to tell you everything he said up there is true in america atleast you put the top Kirby agains the top (insert other character) and it will almost always go the way it is describe up there

except for Wario....I just beat slik...in a best of 5 set

and he beat chu so its not like he doesn't know the matchup. that **** is not as bad as you are making it out to be allied.
If wario plays right he solidly beats kirby, also slik is inconsistent as fugg. He lost to melon but beat nick riddle. >~< hes hella good though so good shiiii

I personally think Dair OoS is better.

I agree with all of that except Falco. Falco can really go either way. It's a weird MU... it almost feels like both characters are disadvantaged to me XD
Falco has REALLY good tools for playing keep away, camping, and zoning Kirby. However, when Kirby gets in, he has ridiculous combos and has a way easier time taking stocks IMO.

That being said, not bad is also not good. These characters all have an advantage on us (except D3 IMO).

Oh and Allied, your *insert anything* beats my *insert anything* so long as I keep doing whatever you tell me to do XD
I still can't get over that... "Fsmash my shield Kirby!" *Fsmashes shield* "WHY DID I DO THAT?!"
Falco vs is still hard don't get me wrong but a top falco main should be able to beat a top kirby main

therses a reason why xzax ***** chu he knew the matchup from Kingtoon going kirby on his falco in tournament so much and playing my kirby. Once you know what to do the kirby he really doesnt have much options

Kirby i still can do well in said matchups but he doesnt win or goes even.

Also xD its a mindgame i do when i feel like i could lose especially vs kirby mains because i know you can't kill

You can either use
Stale bair camping
or Fsmash

Fsmash on shield = free anything.

I think i can powershield option select fsmash kirby's fsmash lag with snake ... (studies)

By screaming at you to hit me i'm just trying to provoke aggression

aggression in this game always equals = bad

which is gay.

but ggs though dude we should play next time some friendlies

i did like ur kirby
<3

i wish i still mained him though i haven't played him in a long long time.

Note: i'm not saying you guys need to stop maining kirby, or whatever idc. play whoever is fun. Just don't expect consistent results.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also what do you generally place? and where? Its completely different over here.
I never place below top 5 in my region.

Anyway I'll see how it is over there if I have free time once I leave PR (march 2nd) and finish my basic (2 months), so around may I'll probably be looking for time to go to any tourneys/smashfests.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Metaright ***** kirby
Snake if he knows the matchup solidly beats him
GnW ***** Kirby
Ice Climbers **** kirby
Marth is around 55-45 marth easily if they know the matchup if not, its about even
D3 beats Kirby. around 55-45. maybe 6-4
Falco beats kirby 55-45
Wario ***** kirby omg its so easy looool
QFT
I'm going to say Allied knows a lot about the meta game in general based on this.

Except I'm not too sure about Wario ****** Kirby. I can see how it's possible, but it's more of a " I can run away and punish anything you can do whilst you cannot do the same to me" type of ****. Also, Wario gets such easy KOs, whereas Kirby has a horrendous time KOing under 160% to 180%.

Top Bottom