• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Gnes

Smash Master
Asdioh....all options to stop mk would mean going offstage with mk...whos every aerial comes out faster than mine...and can instantly **** me the minute I go offstage. Personally after what he did to me I could really careless how much money he gets screwed over, considering he stole a potential 500$ from me.

Thanks smiley...where have u been son?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hmm, Asdioh may be on to something there...

Going offstage...? Getting gimped by MK...? MK's aerials beating yours...? Having to fight it out on-stage only...? Can't break through MK's tornado/drill...?
Kirby doesn't fall for those! >:D

I hate it when opponents time me out with gay strategies... What angers me the most is how Brawl allows people to get away with that, and how the S-BR doesn't do anything to implement an official ledgegrab limit, as well as ban stalling/planking. You can't get to MK gliding under the stage without risking losing a stock/taking lots of damage, that's obviously stalling... And the S-BR does nothing about this because the members with the strongest voices enjoy these tactics.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Asdioh....all options to stop mk would mean going offstage with mk...whos every aerial comes out faster than mine...and can instantly **** me the minute I go offstage. Personally after what he did to me I could really careless how much money he gets screwed over, considering he stole a potential 500$ from me.

Thanks smiley...where have u been son?
I got promoted to supervisor at my job. Ive been working 50+ hours a week with no weekends off. I havent had any time to go to any big tourneys outside of my city(much less play at all.) I just started up again and got a nice flat screen tv ive been dyin to record brawl on. I just gotta finish a kirby hats vid im working on and ill start practicing again for tourneys. :chuckle:

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
So guys, about that complaint with MK going under the stage to stall, would not that put him in a position to be stage-spiked, and even if he attacks out of the glide, he has to Mach Tornado to come back, which doesn't out-prioritize our B-air, so does that not set him up for a wall of pain?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Or... Just pick a stage that has a bottom. :p

It would work with someone like Kirby, but anyone that doesn't have multiple jumps, it would be very difficult to do. Especially since his attacks come out SO freaking fast.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
So guys, about that complaint with MK going under the stage to stall, would not that put him in a position to be stage-spiked, and even if he attacks out of the glide, he has to Mach Tornado to come back, which doesn't out-prioritize our B-air, so does that not set him up for a wall of pain?
metaknight has a better chance of stage spiking someone under the stage than any other chars.

metaknights up-b off stage against kirby is very scary, can kill kirby at lower than 100%

metaknights glide attack as amazing priority and amazing knockback, scary when under the stage.

metaknights rarely use tornado to recover. after a glide attack u'll usually see a side-b for a safe recovery.

our bair doesnt out prioritize his nado

if a smart mk sees you abusing b-air theyll just up-b you before your bair hits.

its never ever safe to fight against a mk off stage

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
and if he's at a low enough % he won't evn be spiked and then gets an opportunity to attack us during the cooldown of bair.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
More.... MORE!!!! A few more days until the lie Nintendo has told us about Kirby Wii.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wouldn't be satisfied if this game was good, it better be the best Kirby game.... no wait, the greatest game of all time. )=<

And I just lol at your sig because I just noticed it. XD

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I wouldn't be satisfied if this game was good, it better be the best Kirby game.... no wait, the greatest game of all time. )=<

And I just lol at your sig because I just noticed it. XD
Seriously, if it's gonna be a REMAKE of Kirby 64
Even though it was a totally awesome game, the wait is NOT worth a remake
I'm gonna really show them...I'll write a 10 page blog about it :mad:.

And thank you, no one's commented on it yet. Celeberty Jeopardy's supposed to be really funny about that kind of stuff :chuckle:.

EDIT: I made the Youtube video, btw. I really sucked at the lip syncing back then :/.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby Canvas Curse is pretty good. Kirby Squeak Squad good as well, but a little too easy and short, (you said non-remake and those two are). I would name them all, but that's the two current Kirby games from the newest gen that isn't a remake.

I wouldn't hate Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 if Silver's levels didn't make me want to kill someone. =/

Seriously, if it's gonna be a REMAKE of Kirby 64
Even though it was a totally awesome game, the wait is NOT worth a remake
I'm gonna really show them...I'll write a 10 page blog about it :mad:.

And thank you, no one's commented on it yet. Celeberty Jeopardy's supposed to be really funny about that kind of stuff :chuckle:.
You could do that to. =P

Also currently looking at that video. =3

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I was just trying to make a joke XD

Canvas Curse was ABOUT as much of a Kirby game as Kirby's Dream Course or Sonic Spinball. Even if Dream Course was one of my favorite games.

I'm gonna be honest I did NOT play Squeak Squad. Looked like you needed a bunch of people to really have fun with it and I don't have that :/

Those are actually the only 2 Kirby games I know of since Air Ride.

Edit: Oh yeah. And I think Silver's levels had MAD potential. Like.... the psychic platforming thing? Kinda like Force Unleashed or Phantom Dust but like... as a platformer. That DOESN'T suck. Way to **** up a POTENTIALLY good thing Sega.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I was just trying to make a joke XD

Canvas Curse was ABOUT as much of a Kirby game as Kirby's Dream Course or Sonic Spinball. Even if Dream Course was one of my favorite games.

I'm gonna be honest I did NOT play Squeak Squad. Looked like you needed a bunch of people to really have fun with it and I don't have that :/

Those are actually the only 2 Kirby games I know of since Air Ride.

Edit: Oh yeah. And I think Silver's levels had MAD potential. Like.... the psychic platforming thing? Kinda like Force Unleashed or Phantom Dust but like... as a platformer. That DOESN'T suck. Way to **** up a POTENTIALLY good thing Sega.
Just because it wasn't a typical Kirby style platformer doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a Kirby game. I mean seriously, when's the last time we got a game from a mascot as unique as Dream Course?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Write a letter! That's what I do. I've sent so many well put upset letters. No ones ever written me back, but I send them! :D
That's like writing a letter to 4kids to never dub again. Yes I went there. =P

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Just because it wasn't a typical Kirby style platformer doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a Kirby game. I mean seriously, when's the last time we got a game from a mascot as unique as Dream Course?
I'm not saying I didn't love Dream Course. I'm saying that it just has Kirby slapped on to attract fans. In fact it wasn't even GONNA be a Kirby Game. It was called like.. Power Tee Golf or something. They put Kirby in just to cash in on the fanbase. That's actually WHY I got it lol. I dunno. I just tend to seperate spin off games into their own section. Like I would never count Dream Course as part of the Kirby storyline....if it has one? It'd be like if I said Sonic Shuffle counted towards Sonic's storyline.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Sonic Shuffle....A clear rip-off of Mario Party :lick:.

The only memory I have of it is a mini-game where you were tossed around in a frying pan. Good times :).

……………………………………../:::::/
…………………………………..,-”””¯””-,
……………………………….,~”……….\......
……………………………,~”…………,..\...... ......………………………,-“………………..|..|
……………………,-“…………………..|..|... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More
…………….…….,-“……………………/..|
………….………/……………………..’...|
………………../………………………....|
………………./…………………..,„_...|
………………/…………………,-,-~-,-~’,
……………../……………….,-“ ( . . o)_º)
……………./………………./ . . .“-~“ . . ¯¯¯¯¯””~-,
……………|………………..| . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-~“~,
……………|…………….....| . . . . . . . . . . . . . /:::::::\
……………|…………….....| . . . . . . . . . . . . . |::::::::l
……………|………………..\ . . . ._ . . . . . . . . “-,„„„-”
…………....|………………..”-, . .(..”~,------------~”
…………….|._………………..”~,..”~-‘---,………………,--~~-,
………….,~” . ¯”~,……………….¯”~~-”,-\………….,-“-,”~, . .”-,
……….,-“….,~”,-~”\…..-‘.,„„„………………”-,……….| . . “-, ”-, .
………..\,,-“,~”……/…..,-“ . .”-,…………..’-,.”-,……..) . . . .”-,,-
………….’-,……..(,--,.,-“ . . . . |…………….”-,”-,,(“-~”-,””~~~”
…………….¯”””¯,-“, .), . . . . ,-“……………….”-,\,.”..,-“
………………….’-, .”.,“-,_„„~”……………………”.”-,”
…………………..”~”-,.\,…,--~~~-,………………,~’,
…………………………¯”~/ . . . . . .)……………,”-~’,
…………………….....…./ . . . . . . |--„„„„„„--,~””¯ . . .)_
………………………….,-“ . . . . . .,-“………/ . . . . . . , .)
…………………………( . . . . . ,. . , “)……”-, . . . . .) ,’-“
…………………………..”~-,„_ . .)_,|-“……….¯”””””

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIIME

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I lol'd

wait there is/is going to be a Sonic game for the PS3? O_o

I think most fans of the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged (or any 4-Kids Abridged) series already did that. GOSH, I can't believe how many episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh were ruined because of them -_-...
This is why you watch anime stuff in Japanese.

Japanese Kirby >>> English Kirby*

*though it lacks "i need a monstah to clobbah dat dere kirby" and the mexican/transylvanian/whatever meta knight voice.

The only anime I can think of that I think are better in English are DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho. Death Note is good in both languages (though slightly better in Japanese...I actually watched the whole series while switching from English/Japanese randomly in different episodes...THAT was fun.)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My Christmas is going to suck this year, lol. I'll just have to do something on my birthday to make up how many gifts I'm suppose to get. >.<

Top Bottom