• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
[COLOR="Magenta"

We **** kirby and ic are even with mk. m2k has to cheat to beat us (gliding under the stage for 8 mins).
[/COLOR]
If he did that wouldn't it be stalling and the MK player would get DQ'd and therefore not beat you? I still find Marth a bit difficult. His OoS is too good and he outspaces too well with high ground and aerial mobility in addition to his DJHB. Meh I'll agree with IC being 30:70 when i get ***** by a pro IC. I just don't find the CG to be that intimidating if you space properly. I still say 40:60 due to obvious reasons.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
People thought that it was even beforehand. Actually what it did was make the ICs seem like they have an advantage on everyone due to the grabs, since the grabs were the things that helped lain beat M2K.

Of course, M2K came back and beat him multiple times afterwards. And what's the verdict in the MU numbers, by the way (MK vs IC)?
Gonna say right now though, at one tourny, M2K and Lain both wanted to change the bracket because both was afraid they might lose in semi-finals, so you know, it seems like regardless of numbers, M2K is still somewhat scared of those ICs (I might get 3rd, and I'm the best player here!... lol.).

People think ICs are so bad cuz they only think of the theoretical stuff we discuss in the MU discussions whenever the phrases "Kirby vs IC" along with "is not 30:70" are mentioned.. Seriously, it CAN'T be that bad. Kirby has some ungrabbable options that would be pretty difficult for ICs to counter, as well as an AERIAL game, like MK has, that prevents us from getting grabbed... I don't want to go into detail, so meh. I'd much rather just play an IC mainer at Pound and be done with it. :dizzy:

I will also add that the Marth MU is not 30:70, ever, ever, ever. At the most 40:60 and nothing over it, and STILL it leaves me skeptical... We are good enough at both OoS'ing and baiting to no get ***** by that guy. Seriously. :dizzy:
On the flip side, no one makes a big deal when we lose to these characters, which happens more often than when we win, I would think.

Kirby does have ungrabbable options, just not many, which in turn makes him predictable. Not saying it's undoable, just bad.

If he did that wouldn't it be stalling and the MK player would get DQ'd and therefore not beat you? I still find Marth a bit difficult. His OoS is too good and he outspaces too well with high ground and aerial mobility in addition to his DJHB. Meh I'll agree with IC being 30:70 when i get ***** by a pro IC. I just don't find the CG to be that intimidating if you space properly. I still say 40:60 due to obvious reasons.
It's considered "Strategic placement" for some reason. No one actually puts the stalling rule into effect unless you're using the Cape Glitch. It's just there to look pretty.

Marth for overrated tier.

And I'm not an ICs player, but the match-up definitely isn't in their favor or even.
Or Marth for UNDERrated tier? Seriously, I see no way he can NOT be close to or in S tier.

EDIT:

Kewk, just so you know, Lain has a lot of off-days, if only because he pretty much always plays stoned out of his mind.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
so this weekend we had
chu beating meep (?)
ybm beating lain
ismar using a readable font

wow

vids or it didnt happen
!!!!!!!!!!
I love that it is comparable to either of those.
Or Marth for UNDERrated tier? Seriously, I see no way he can NOT be close to or in S tier.
If you want Marth for S tier, play Melee.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
It's considered "Strategic placement" for some reason. No one actually puts the stalling rule into effect unless you're using the Cape Glitch. It's just there to look pretty.

EDIT:

Kewk, just so you know, Lain has a lot of off-days, if only because he pretty much always plays stoned out of his mind.
Cape glitch is banned in a separate rule. I'd call stalling and if the TO didn't agree I'd ask for a refund and let them know they fail at TO'ing if they don't enforce their own rules. If gliding around the stage isn't stalling then Sonic nBing under the stage isn't stalling either.

People that play high are good when they play high, he was probably sober and couldn't figure how he did what he normally does since he's normally high when he plays.

edit: I'm also working on updating the results thread. Gonna add all the old results back and please pm or vm me if you have some recent ones.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Cape glitch is banned in a separate rule. I'd call stalling and if the TO didn't agree I'd ask for a refund and let them know they fail at TO'ing if they don't enforce their own rules. If gliding around the stage isn't stalling then Sonic nBing under the stage isn't stalling either.

People that play high are good when they play high, he was probably sober and couldn't figure how he did what he normally does since he's normally high when he plays.

edit: I'm also working on updating the results thread. Gonna add all the old results back and please pm or vm me if you have some recent ones.
My bad, you're right.

That being said, doesn't Sonic just kill himself when doing that if you grab the edge?

Also, I know it's stupid, but TOs really can't enforce it much, since players tend to argue it's too subjective, even when it's an obvious case, and that it's no different then platform camping (which is somewhat true in that that is also used to stall.)

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, yeah, he plays stoned a lot, but he doesn't seem to have problems when sober. He seems to sometimes have trouble when stoned, and sometimes not though.

Also, IsmaR, it's not that I want him S tier, it's that I think he warrants it. I personally hate Marth, both as a smash character and a FE character.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ How can anyone hate Marth as a Fire Emblem character? I understand Roy since he doesn't use the Sword Of Seals until nearly at the end of the game. I guess people just hate him because he's too cute. ); ♥

♣ But then again, in Brawl, I'm currently having problems with facing Marth and Ike. ♥

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
♣ How can anyone hate Marth as a Fire Emblem character? I understand Roy since he doesn't use the Sword Of Seals until nearly at the end of the game. I guess people just hate him because he's too cute. ); ♥

♣ But then again, in Brawl, I'm currently having problems with facing Marth and Ike. ♥
Marth's big tipper of a sword should be your only concern when facing him :lick:. Also, stages like battlefield against Marth will raep you, so avoid them. Just get up close and personal to Marth and you should be good...Or not :lick:.

I dunno about Ike, I don't have any problems with him, so someone else give better advice than me :).

I had Fire Emblem when it came out, and I didn't really like it THAT much. More of a strat kind of game rather than an RPG, also the storyline didn't really attract me all that much.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
My bad, you're right.

That being said, doesn't Sonic just kill himself when doing that if you grab the edge?

Also, I know it's stupid, but TOs really can't enforce it much, since players tend to argue it's too subjective, even when it's an obvious case, and that it's no different then platform camping (which is somewhat true in that that is also used to stall.)

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, yeah, he plays stoned a lot, but he doesn't seem to have problems when sober. He seems to sometimes have trouble when stoned, and sometimes not though.

Also, IsmaR, it's not that I want him S tier, it's that I think he warrants it. I personally hate Marth, both as a smash character and a FE character.
Sonic goes under the stage in the middle and makes his nB go up, then bounces off the bottom of the stage and repeats for 8 minutes. IDK I think there's a pretty distinct difference between camping and stalling. Stalling is deliberately running down the clock despite standing in the match. Camping is using offensive abilites to keep your opponent away from your position.

vid of sonic:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4DJNVXDtE&feature=related

I've seen better vids but this one gets the point across

I personally detest FE as a game. Very shallow gameplay for a strat rpg.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sonic goes under the stage in the middle and makes his nB go up, then bounces off the bottom of the stage and repeats for 8 minutes. IDK I think there's a pretty distinct difference between camping and stalling. Stalling is deliberately running down the clock despite standing in the match. Camping is using offensive abilites to keep your opponent away from your position.

vid of sonic:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4DJNVXDtE&feature=related

I've seen better vids but this one gets the point across

I personally detest FE as a game. Very shallow gameplay for a strat rpg.
I know how it works, and if an opponent is out of homing range or invulnerable, he goes diagonally down, instead of into the stage.

So basically, if the opponent knows how it works, you can counter his stalling and make him SD.

Also, FE's story and in-depth characters are what get me the most. It's like an interactive strategy-RPG story. Also, PoR and RD were amazing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon I didn't like too much, the rest I liked except for Fire Emblem 5.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow, when I kept reading "Cape glitch" I was thinking "what glitch does Mario have that is so bannable?" thinking of that ICs superarmor thing.

... @_@

Hell yeah Fire Emblem.
....never played it.
Ike and Roy are cool though.
Marth ... ............... needs less invincibility (aka none) on his Up B, then he'll be cool too.

Also, just played Kirby dittos on wifi with Warpd, and yes now I remember Kirby dittos are HORRIBLE. Came down to last hit last stock pretty much all three games. I ended up losing.

Seriously, we might as well just do Kirby dittos one stock, with like automatic 100% handicap on both players to save time. "Who gets the fsmash first?"

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow, when I kept reading "Cape glitch" I was thinking "what glitch does Mario have that is so bannable?" thinking of that ICs superarmor thing.

... @_@
Haha yeah, that is insane. Too bad it doesn't seem to useful except with amazingly coordinated teams.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Also, just played Kirby dittos on wifi with Warpd, and yes now I remember Kirby dittos are HORRIBLE. Came down to last hit last stock pretty much all three games. I ended up losing.

Seriously, we might as well just do Kirby dittos one stock, with like automatic 100% handicap on both players to save time. "Who gets the fsmash first?"
haha.... Interesting concept...
You need to start coming to tournaments... are you coming to the one this weekend?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That was no Tch D=

Anyway I saw that chu beat meep, I didn't see how =O

Incidentally, I never said het beat meep with kirby :p I just said he beat him. So I'm not false =D

To shame, Kewwky!
I facepalm at myself because you're right. :laugh:

I believe you completely, I've heard a number of smashers like to get drunk/stoned a lot of the time. I don't get why, it's like common sense to me that you won't do as good at anything when your mind is foggy because of stuff like that.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I don't get why, it's like common sense to me that you won't do as good at anything
except beer pong!

haha, well, to a certain extent. obviously if youre falling over just trying to stand up youll still be worse.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I dunno. I definitely don't find competition as fun when I'm in inebriated states. I end up making mistakes due to it, which actually makes me get more mad at myself than I would sober. It's why I can't play music while inebriated, despite the fact everyone else in my band tends to.

Also... last post from the States! I'll be posting from France from now on, or failing that, not until January. Cya!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha.... Interesting concept...
You need to start coming to tournaments... are you coming to the one this weekend?
I'd love to go. It's only about 2 hours and 20 minutes away from my house.

Unfortunately, Saturday is my mom's birthday, so terrible timing might have screwed me over. >_<

We'll see though.

I'm horribly out of practice since I've only played offline like, once or twice since my last tourney in June. -_-

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm sarcastic half the time, not an idiot, sugar.

Oddly enough, it's the opposite for me. I cannot for the life of me stand FE for some reason, yet I love Marth, both in Smash, and in his games. He's the only good thing without a vagboobs from the series to me.
Not to say it isn't good...yadda yadda yadda.

And bai, have fun on your trip :)

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
I wish there was more comp in my area. Im forced to travel all the time for decent tourneys these days. The last tourney i was in wasnt even worth recording. A snake that doesnt know how to mortar slide=wtf....

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'd love to go. It's only about 2 hours and 20 minutes away from my house.

Unfortunately, Saturday is my mom's birthday, so terrible timing might have screwed me over. >_<

We'll see though.

I'm horribly out of practice since I've only played offline like, once or twice since my last tourney in June. -_-
Wow... I haven't seen you in forever... But I've seen fanfan a few times..and she mentions you a lot... only good things of course... RaRaRa...

The Drive for me is like 1 hour and 45 minutes... But I'm still undecided if I should go...even though I could use the money...*sigh*

Well enjoy your day anyway. and stop playing Wifi... it's terrible haha :laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm sarcastic half the time, not an idiot, sugar.

Oddly enough, it's the opposite for me. I cannot for the life of me stand FE for some reason, yet I love Marth, both in Smash, and in his games. He's the only good thing without a vagboobs from the series to me.
Not to say it isn't good...yadda yadda yadda.

And bai, have fun on your trip :)
Oops, my bad. I fail at detecting online sarcasm apparently, even when it's pretty obvious :psycho:

Also, it took me less time to pack than I expected, and I'm staying up till I leave at 7:45 to combat jet lag, so I guess I'm still online for a bit ;)

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Is there a thread that shows how good all the kirbies have been doing in tournies since ive been gone? Id really like to get updated on that.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Why do Kirby mains have a strange obsession with looking at Kirby so much?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey, I play ZSS for a reason.
Cuz they nerfed Samus and ZSS was my first main, and she is just awesome

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's all covered in the manual taped to the back.
If you fail, then absolutely nothing will happen.
If you succeed, then absolutely something will happen.
So here it says that there's a blue pill and a red pill. What happens if I take them both, I wonder...?

*unimaginable, unthinkable and unneeded Matrix scenes happen as Kewkky swallows both* Or, I earn the ability to post in purple text... Hmm, I guess this is what an 'at me' does, no wonder you wanted me to get at you.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I know this is a litte late but in Texas that's called stalling and we take it very seriously. A lot of the times it's taken very seriously.

At Genesis Dojo almost got DQed because he was accused of stalling. It wasn't true, but it almost happened.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Our current goal is to get more than 5,000 post before the end of the year, go go go go! Ok, without spam or short post. =P

Top Bottom