• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Looks a lot harder to do due to the changed fair, but maybe it's all in getting used to the "new" Marth. And as said all throughout this thread, it seems fairly escapable if the victim knows what they are doing.

On another, unrelated note was Marth's nair nerfed? I hardly ever see it used in Marth vids. Maybe it's just not as good due to his decreased range?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmm.

I will just say that it is extremely situational and very hard to set-up.

Not something that you would fall back on.

But if an opportunity presents itself then go for it, I guess.

I honestly think it only works when people screw up thier DI or waste their second jump and get hit when they should have airdodged.

anEpicMarth

Smash Rookie
I was actually able to pull one off. My friend was at a high enough percent so he just died. It felt awesome to do it in Brawl. Haha. This game is beautiful. It makes me almost not wanna play Melee anymore. Haha.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
i kno this is all ken combo stuff but dude that lucas just earned massive respect points. maybe someone can clear this up for me, because it seems im the only one to NOT play brawl -_-. u can air dodge and retain jumps yes, well obviously thats gonna b a hard habit to break. now with that it almost looks like lucas coulda pulled that off, anyone know if it could have been done and just wasnt or is marth still packin an awesome combo there?

edit: forgot to add, saw everything said about DIin out this is strictly a "can i get hit with marths fair, dodge, then watch him continue on with his 2nd fair." if hes tryin to lead u out for a spike and u get behind him, ouch.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i thought it was not possible. lol dam these guys are soo good. thanks for the info

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Try Playing Him You Said?, I Will , Ken Will Get my Brawl Friend Code no doubt, I Guarantee i'll have Three Stock At the End Of The Match I'll Even Put it on youtube so you little ken fanboys can cry about it, lol, West Coast Smashers are nothing Compared To The East Coast Smashers.
let me guess, you'll convince your little sister to play brawl whit marth against you whit the name of ken and you'll send that match in youtube to see who's st***d enough to believe that is ken... SAD

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Ok, i wanna pose a question? Who here has ACTUALLY fought Ken. He's good (at least in melee for sure) and gave people a good idea on one way to effectively use marth (ken combo anyone?) Whats sad now is that we feel the need to actually argue over something like this as if what we said determines how good Ken is or isn"t (btw, "we" means "people on this thread"). Just agree to disagree and be done with the madness.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.

I will just say that it is extremely situational and very hard to set-up.

Not something that you would fall back on.

But if an opportunity presents itself then go for it, I guess.

I honestly think it only works when people screw up thier DI or waste their second jump and get hit when they should have airdodged.
I agree with Emblem Lord, more situational and more difficult to execute but if the oppurtunity presents itself go big or don't go at all.

EDIT:or just nair to edgehog.

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
I think it's easier to spike from a nontipped Bair because when doing a Dair, the back of marth's blade is easier to connect with.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
because he said "sakurai" in a sentence?
that wasnt funny at all, ken sucks now, 100% overrated by little fanboy *** kissers like you
god dammit man, have some honor or something
You're even funnier. Sarcasm ftw, dude. To a large part my post was also referencing the incredulity of Ken's nonsensical sig.

This is the first time I have ever been called a Ken fanboy, and the irony is killing me. Call me a Mew2King fanboy, call me a Silent Wolf fanboy, or even a PC Chris fanboy, you would be right. But to call me a Ken fanboy is absurd.

Top Bottom