• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Keep playing Mario Kart, keep playing Smash Bros."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There's not one Nintendo franchise that feels like it has even the slightest chance of surviving the non-game conformity. I love the Zelda series, but I can already tell that it's as good as dead now. Making it more "accessible" goes hand-in-hand with their concept of making video toys rather than video games. I recall reading a statement by Miyamoto, filled with his own excitement of incorporating the balance board into Zelda. EPIC FAIL. My most beloved video game series is dead.

I have a job now and I'm going to invest in a 360 or PS3. Nintenblow Mii.
Balance Board + Zelda = Death to Zelda

Why are you doing this to me, Nintendo?! WHY!?

I'm with you, I'm going to look into buying a 360 or PS3. I'm not sure which one it'll be yet, but suddenly every negative about each system is like a gift sent from the heavens compared to the Wii.

Ilex

Smash Ace
If they're turning games into toys then at least sell the franchises to Microsoft. MS can't compete with the old Nintendo, but at least they're still games.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If they're turning games into toys then at least sell the franchises to Microsoft. MS can't compete with the old Nintendo, but at least they're still games.
Exactly what I thought would be great for the sake of the franchises, but of course, that would never happen. Nintendo will dumb down our beloved franchises to the "Wii Fail" level, and will eventually become casual "toys" with nifty faces plastered on them like Mario, Link, and Samus. Unfortunately, neither Microsoft or Sony have the beautiful, diverse franchises that Nintendo has, and now they're all going down the drain. Art is dead.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
RAAAAGGHH!!!

God dammit! I'm so angry right now!!!!

DK Smash!!!! WTF!!!!

First off, not only did you NOT give us a new DK game, or Pikmin game, or Starfox game, they gave us a PoS toy, that isnt really anything at all.

I've been a Nintendo fan, all my life, and for 17 years, that's a pretty long time I'd say. I was broken hearted to hear the "Keep playing MK Wii, and keep playing Brawl" excuse.

I love both games, but I will not sit and play simply those for an entire year.

I'm very anrgy right now, especially at Miyamoto, and I will NOT spent another cent on a Nintendo game, unless it is first party or second party, in the case of Smash

(Actually, I'll limit myself to several fanchises, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, DK, Starfox, Smash, Pokemon, and Metroid.) Those are the only franchises affiliated with nintendo that will receive any money from me from now on.

You let down Nintendo. You really let me down. And Cammie Dunaway needs to be done away with. I might do it myself.

And telling me to delete my games after I spent money on them? Hell no. Go **** yourself.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No. Anybody but Microsoft. Anybody any other first party, actually. Somebody whose been around long enough in the industry, like Capcom or Square.

Still though, Nintendo won't sell them. Mario = millions.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Exactly what I thought would be great for the sake of the franchises, but of course, that would never happen. Nintendo will dumb down our beloved franchises to the "Wii Fail" level, and will eventually become casual "toys" with nifty faces plastered on them like Mario, Link, and Samus. Unfortunately, neither Microsoft or Sony have the beautiful, diverse franchises that Nintendo has, and now they're all going down the drain. Art is dead.
It's very sad, but so true. They've stopped making works of art, just what will sell. And that just...it makes me sick. You're right, art is dead.

RAAAAGGHH!!!

God dammit! I'm so angry right now!!!!

DK Smash!!!! WTF!!!!

First off, not only did you NOT give us a new DK game, or Pikmin game, or Starfox game, they gave us a PoS toy, that isnt really anything at all.

I've been a Nintendo fan, all my life, and for 17 years, that's a pretty long time I'd say. I was broken hearted to hear the "Keep playing MK Wii, and keep playing Brawl" excuse.

I love both games, but I will not sit and play simply those for an entire year.

I'm very anrgy right now, especially at Miyamoto, and I will NOT spent another cent on a Nintendo game, unless it is first party or second party, in the case of Smash

(Actually, I'll limit myself to several fanchises, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, DK, Starfox, Smash, Pokemon, and Metroid.) Those are the only franchises affiliated with nintendo that will receive any money from me from now on.

You let down Nintendo. You really let me down. And Cammie Dunaway needs to be done away with. I might do it myself.

And telling me to delete my games after I spent money on them? Hell no. Go **** yourself.
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't intend to spend money on anything except for core franchises. Even then I'll be careful before I do so, because I'm going to make sure it hasn't turned into a "Wii Fail" game. I'm going to make sure a game is going to be worth my $50/$35 before I spend ANYTHING on it.

As for Cammie, yeah. If I don't take her out myself first. I really hate her. She's annoying, and she doesn't even BELONG at Nintendo. She represents the mindless idiots that buy their games.

As for deleting games, yeah. You can redownload them at no cost but that's ridiculous. They should know that's not a solution. I'm so glad Casual Cammie's family moves on from one game to the next and never looks for replay value in a game, but I do. I'm sure as hell not going to buy a game so I can delete it. Stupid solutions are stupid.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Deleting games you own IS a bit ridiculous. I have some demos and and games on my PS3 that I haven't touched in months only to pick them up again.

Now, something tells me Nintendo will respond to this malcontent with some big name game at either TGS or E for All. It's a safe bet that A. the game won't be out for a year or two, B. they will downplay it's casualness, and C. they are doing it to shut you up.

Kinda be ready for anything at this point.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Oh, grow up and stop defending Nintendo. That's not what he meant. "Interesting" was meant in a good way. Even if he doesn't really believe they're better than video games, that's surely what he meant. Because let's face it, he wants to market his product. He also knows that the only people offended by that comment would be gamers, and he knows that we don't matter. So whether or not he really thinks that or is just trying to sell Wii Music, I'm sure that's what he meant.

Crimson King is right. They're in it for the money. They're not coming back. I'm not going to sit back and let them have their fun, I'm going to ***** the entire time because they don't care that they're leaving us core gamers behind, because unfortunately, they're a business at heart and money is the ultimate. It's all that truly matters to them when it comes down to it. This generation, Nintendo has shown their true colors, and frankly, I don't like them.
Before you go and rip my spleen out for mentioning anything virtually positive concerning Nintendo's future, I'd at least advise you to read this extremely loooong, but well-worth it article, if you haven't seen it already. It's a very good look into what Nintendo could be planning with the video game industry.

Of course, my personal belief is that "casual" gaming and the wii is nothing more then a fad.
You won't get anywhere by simply expanding the market, something that even the Regginator himself believes. All of the little children, middle aged women, and old people will eventually get tired of the same wii fail, and there's no real way to go but up from there, as even those who got into videogaming through the wii will start demanding more.

Of course, I could be wrong, and all of your Nintendo hate could be right, and they will make nothing but wiifail and more dumbed down versions of good franchises in the future, and I could just be stuffing myself with complete denial, but its just as much as an educated guess as mine I suppose.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Before you go and rip my spleen out for mentioning anything virtually positive concerning Nintendo's future, I'd at least advise you to read this extremely loooong, but well-worth it article, if you haven't seen it already. It's a very good look into what Nintendo could be planning with the video game industry.

Of course, my personal belief is that "casual" gaming and the wii is nothing more then a fad.
You won't get anywhere by simply expanding the market, something that even the Regginator himself believes. All of the little children, middle aged women, and old people will eventually get tired of the same wii fail, and there's no real way to go but up from there, as even those who got into videogaming through the wii will start demanding more.

Of course, I could be wrong, and all of your Nintendo hate could be right, and they will make nothing but wiifail and more dumbed down versions of good franchises in the future, and I could just be stuffing myself with complete denial, but its just as much as an educated guess as mine I suppose.

No, you are in denial. Right now Nintendo is making the most money off games that are barely games ("non-games" if you will) Wii Fit for example and Wii Sports are some of the better known titles for the Wii. Mario Galaxy isn't well known by the casual audience. Here is the thing with casual audiences:
The are replenishing.

Sure today, Grandpa may be getting tired of Wii Sports, but next year when Wii Sports Resort hits he may give it a try and show other grandpas, they in turn show their kids how much fun it is to play these games together. Then, Wii Sports Resort his 5 million units sold and Nintendo figures a way to reinvent this game to remarket it. The cycle continues.

That's the point about casual gamers. They hold no brand loyalty and rarely even associate games with developers. All Nintendo has to do is consistently put out low-stress game and they will always come back for a quick fix. That is the ultimate point of the Wii: gamers and non-gamers don't want a 20-hour investment. Hell, most don't even want a 10-hour investment with a game, but instead they want that quick shot in the arm that'll pass the time.

You can't get bored of a game if you don't play it all the time either. Most of the people they market it to are just playing for a few hours a week.

Ilex

Smash Ace
No. Anybody but Microsoft. Anybody any other first party, actually. Somebody whose been around long enough in the industry, like Capcom or Square.

Still though, Nintendo won't sell them. Mario = millions.
Fair enough then, Microsoft was just the first one which came to mind. If a third party can handle the franchises better than Nintendo, than so be it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

There truely is no point in reading that link. Nintendo has left you, live with it. We all have been. If there were more core gamers in this world the gaming industry would be like it's supposed to be. We would have casuals sitting on there couch watching TV and soccer moms at there 3 year olds games. Nintendo wouldn't have cared for them but the truth is oppisite from what should be happening.

This is why I am saving my pennies for a ps3.
same here.....

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Every time I think of Wii Music I rage inside, it's like Nintendo went to Hasbro or one of those toy makers for advice and did the first thing they said. As a gamer with Wii being my only console from this generation, I'm severely disappointed in the choice I originally believed to be the right choice. I thought Brawl and Metroid and Mario Kart were going to keep me playing my Wii for months but I was wrong. My friends still think Nintendo is solid but that's because they don't keep up with the events going on as much as most of us do.

Now the first party games are worthless, the 3rd parties are non-existent and some people are now stuck with the choice there made. It's not fun seeing $400 go down the drain at all.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doomed is an exaggeration, but I will agree it is the best time for the PS3. Being in last, Sony has nothing to lose and everything to gain, and since it's more powerful than the Wii, I get all the big name third-party titles, as well as Wii titles.

PSWii for the win.
Word.

It's interesting how totally complacent Nintendo is. You look at the first year of Wii and the first 2-2.5 years of DS and they were just firing on all cylinders releasing all kinds of great stuff. But now it seems they're just willing to totally fail the core market on both platforms at least for the rest of the year and probably into early '09.

For DS it's not that big a deal because there are all sorts of awesome games. Unfortunately Wii has little third party support and Nintendo won't bother to try and get more. So when the first party well dries up, things go south real quick.

One can only hope that their embarrassment of a lineup will curb their breakneck sales for a bit. Apparently Nintendo is only worth a **** when their back's against the wall.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
This is why I have an Xbox and a Wii.

The Wii I only use for Boom blox and Smash.

And sometimes Pokemon:Battle revolution.

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
Yea, I'd say PS3 is the way to go. I just bought mine a few weeks ago and I have all 3 main systems and I love my Wii but its just so hard to use because I am a gamer who plays alotta games but they need to be good which is something Nintendo is majorly lacking right now. XBox 360 is good but it is expensive to use and get all set up online Once you do its fun but PS3 has it all already set up in the system for Wireless online and with blue tooth connection for a headset for online gaming.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yea, I'd say PS3 is the way to go. I just bought mine a few weeks ago and I have all 3 main systems and I love my Wii but its just so hard to use because I am a gamer who plays alotta games but they need to be good which is something Nintendo is majorly lacking right now. XBox 360 is good but it is expensive to use and get all set up online Once you do its fun but PS3 has it all already set up in the system for Wireless online and with blue tooth connection for a headset for online gaming.
Keep in mind, however, that the PS3 itself is more expensive than the 360.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Keep in mind, however, that the PS3 itself is more expensive than the 360.

I would say the extra money on the ps3 is worth it. It comes with blueray and if you intend on buying it, a ps3 is a far better choice. That's what my neighbours did. There dad wanted blueray but it was to expensive. There son had no videogame system so they just bought a ps3. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Also ps3's online is EXELENT and FREE, compare it to Xbox's price for live, and wii's well yeah, suckegness.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
PSN is extremely comparable with XBL now. The PSN store has quite a few full-length games, as well as movies, and PS1 titles.

The multiplayer is lag free due to dedicated servers. I expect them to charge for it SOONER or later, but until then.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Slightly off-topic, I can't really find a topic to put this in.

I just saw some gameplay of the new Star Wars game [forgot the name] and it looks great. They were running it on either a 360 or a PS3 and the physics were great from what I could see [I had to watch it in low res]. I don't know if the Wii will be able to use the DMM[?] engine or the Europhia engine to their full potential but if it can't the gameplay will suffer. It kind of pisses me off because the only system it's on that I can get it for is the Wii.

Its like an April fools joke that needs to end.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I would say the extra money on the ps3 is worth it. It comes with blueray and if you intend on buying it, a ps3 is a far better choice. That's what my neighbours did. There dad wanted blueray but it was to expensive. There son had no videogame system so they just bought a ps3. 2 birds, 1 stone.
Blu-Ray may be nice, but I find the Movie Playing aspect of consoles to be pointless. Even my friend who has a 360 and nothing but for this generation admits that it would've been nice if he could've gotten the console without the other stuff with it. Plus, if you play too many DVDs/CDs in a game console, it'll screw it up. That happened to my friend's PS2, and they had to get a new one. And considering how expensive the PS3 is, I wouldn't dare risk playing Blu-Rays in there to have it destroyed from it. Hi-Def is nice, but it's not that nice.

Also ps3's online is EXELENT and FREE, compare it to Xbox's price for live, and wii's well yeah, suckegness.
That's my point. At this point, you're paying about $200 for an original 360 and about $400 for a PS3. At $50 a year, it'll take four years for XBL to match up to the price of the PS3. Granted, after that you're spending extra money, but even while PSN is good, XBL is (probably, I've not really used either personally) better. And as CK said, I'd be surprised if it stays free for much longer.

In any case, I'm leaning towards a 360 at this point, but both consoles have plusses.

Its like an April fools joke that needs to end.
This describes everything perfectly. Well said, Red Exodus. Well said.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Red Expodus said:
I just saw some gameplay of the new Star Wars game [forgot the name]
"The Force Unleashed", I believe you mean. It looks okay.

Uhm...general response to this thread's topic: Nintendo's dumb, but they're the only ones that can give me more of the games I've grown up with. And they're still the best developers out there, so...what're you gonna' do?

What I don't like is the sentiment that, if Nintendo gives us fewer "core" games, one should "join" another company's "team". I personally don't own any current-gen system but the Wii, but I've been having the time of my everlovin' life recently by buying all the PS2 and XBOX games I didn't play last gen for ridiculously cheap prices.

Bottom line: the internet's taking this way too seriously. Zelda's still coming, Mario's still coming, Pikmin is coming...in the meantime, read a book. :bee:

EDIT -

FirustheHedgehog said:
Hi-Def is nice, but it's not that nice.
Quoted for truth.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Bottom line: the internet's taking this way too seriously. Zelda's still coming, Mario's still coming, Pikmin is coming...in the meantime, read a book.
We're not complaining that they're not making them, it's that Nintendo is DUMBING DOWN their big name titles for a more "causal" audience.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
"The Force Unleashed", I believe you mean. It looks okay.

Uhm...general response to this thread's topic: Nintendo's dumb, but they're the only ones that can give me more of the games I've grown up with. And they're still the best developers out there, so...what're you gonna' do?

What I don't like is the sentiment that, if Nintendo gives us fewer "core" games, one should "join" another company's "team". I personally don't own any current-gen system but the Wii, but I've been having the time of my everlovin' life recently by buying all the PS2 and XBOX games I didn't play last gen for ridiculously cheap prices.

Bottom line: the internet's taking this way too seriously. Zelda's still coming, Mario's still coming, Pikmin is coming...in the meantime, read a book. :bee:
But the problem is that they aren't giving you the games you grew up with anymore, because they're dumbed down so the casual gamers will buy them. Galaxy and TP were easy compared to the other games in those series'.

I intend to keep my Wii and buy other games for it still -- when I find ones that I don't think are too dumbed down -- but I'll buy another console in the mean time so I can get some other good titles, since the Wii has few to offer, in my opinion.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Next Gen im not going to imediatly buy a Nintendo Console. But me being the merciful guy i am is going to give 2009 a chance. If they **** that up im getting a 720 or a PS4 if i can afford it.

Why the hell do they not hire ACTUAL Gamers.

Casuals for Public relations=Not going to end well

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But the problem is that they aren't giving you the games you grew up with anymore, because they're dumbed down so the casual gamers will buy them. Galaxy and TP were easy compared to the other games in those series'.
...That's it? Games are easier...so they're becoming more casual.

This is the reason the internet is angry? Please confirm this.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

There's more to the dumbing down than just getting easier, but they are certainly doing that.

Overall Nintendo is appealing more to the casual gamers and not very much to the core gamers at all. This is why the internet is angry.

M.K

Level 55

Do you remember Tick Tock Clock? Wet-Dry World? Rainbow Cruise?

Much, much, much more memorable because of their difficulty and charm.

Mario Galaxy, while truly an outstanding game in itself, did not have any particularly hard challenges that stood out to me.

^^THIS BE WHAT US MAD BOUT NAW!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Do you remember Tick Tock Clock? Wet-Dry World? Rainbow Cruise?

Much, much, much more memorable because of their difficulty and charm.

Mario Galaxy, while truly an outstanding game in itself, did not have any particularly hard challenges that stood out to me.

^^THIS BE WHAT US MAD BOUT NAW!
HOLY ****

I apologize in advance...but this is the stupidest sh*t I've heard in a long, long time.

I do remember those stages. I also remember them being difficult because half the time Mario 64's camera liked to turn ninety degrees as I long-jumped a 30-foot gap. Games in general will get easier over time, and it probably doesn't help that we as players get better over time, I suppose. :psycho:

Jesus. If you want to die in a videogame more often, download Ninja Gaiden. And while you're busy with that, I'll be enjoying the fruits of modern gaming, even if I have to suffer through a game in which I don't have to restart each level several times because of technical glitches (I know, it's sad, right?).

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919

No, not quite. That's why THIS forum is spazzing. Everyone else is whining because Nintendo underdelivered on E3, so that obviously means that there will never be any core games ever.

Dumbed down difficulty is irritating, yes, but you are correct in that the internet's taking this just a bit too seriously... :/

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
No, not quite. That's why THIS forum is spazzing. Everyone else is whining because Nintendo underdelivered on E3, so that obviously means that there will never be any core games ever.

Dumbed down difficulty is irritating, yes, but you are correct in that the internet's taking this just a bit too seriously... :/
Okay...that helps. But only a little.

It's just this place that's lost it's head. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay...that helps. But only a little.

It's just this place that's lost it's head. :)
I don't appreciate being told I've lost my head.

I've been following Nintendo for at least a decade now. I love their old games. I followed them and defended them ALL LAST GEN, and at the beginning of this gen when the Wii got crap for being gimmicky. Do you think I want to go against Nintendo? No! I'd rather be with them!

But take a look at Brawl, the game that helped me realize it all. You're practically in space with the gravity, the stages are full of gimmicks, you're magnetized to the ledge...the whole game is built so a casual gamer, with no experience whatsoever, can beat someone who plays the game consistently, like me. With Melee, that couldn't happen. THIS is the foundation of my problem. Sakurai made it a party game and TRIED to kill the competitive potential. This is happening to many games. Also, in the category of 3rd party support, the Wii gets the shaft all the time. The Wii won't get a real Soul Calibur, just Legends, which is an adventure game. The Wii got Sonic and the Secret Rings, a spinoff, whilst the other systems got a game in the normal Sonic track. Neither game was good, but I'd rather have an actual Sonic game than Secret Rings. Why is this? Because Motion Sensor gets so accentuated and 3rd parties make titles SPECIFICALLY FOR the Wii.

Then, 90% of the library is Wii Fail titles.

I may be a pessimist but I didn't hold onto Nintendo for this long because I felt like it. I resent this. I know what I'm talking about.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Do you think I want to go against Nintendo? No! I'd rather be with them!
You'd rather support them in all they do, right? Well, that won't happen, ever, with any company.

But take a look at Brawl, the game that helped me realize it all. You're practically in space with the gravity, the stages are full of gimmicks, you're magnetized to the ledge...the whole game is built so a casual gamer, with no experience whatsoever, can beat someone who plays the game consistently, like me. With Melee, that couldn't happen. THIS is the foundation of my problem. Sakurai made it a party game and TRIED to kill the competitive potential. This is happening to many games. Also, in the category of 3rd party support, the Wii gets the shaft all the time. The Wii won't get a real Soul Calibur, just Legends, which is an adventure game. The Wii got Sonic and the Secret Rings, a spinoff, whilst the other systems got a game in the normal Sonic track. Neither game was good, but I'd rather have an actual Sonic game than Secret Rings. Why is this? Because Motion Sensor gets so accentuated and 3rd parties make titles SPECIFICALLY FOR the Wii.
There are a number of things askew here.

1 - If a Smash Bros. virgin can beat you, you're probably not that good anyway.
2 - Nintendo's had virtually zero 3rd party support for three generations now. Get over it.
3 - You would actually rather play a game "in the normal Sonic track" than a game that's playable.

Then, 90% of the library is Wii Fail titles.
Don't buy those games. Buy the good games.

I may be a pessimist but I didn't hold onto Nintendo for this long because I felt like it. I resent this. I know what I'm talking about.
You're losing me again. "Held onto"? I think you may be in need of some enlightening:

Nintendo doesn't give two shakes about you or your feelings, how loyal you've been to them, how often you've 'publicly defended' them on message boards...all they want is money. There's a lot more money out there than most of us realized, as it turns out, and that money comes from people who play Wii Fail games.

It's a brave new world, friend. Get used to it. Stop whining about quirks in games and blaming it on Nintendo. They haven't done a **** thing wrong.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There are a number of things askew here.

1 - If a Smash Bros. virgin can beat you, you're probably not that good anyway.
2 - Nintendo's had virtually zero 3rd party support for three generations now. Get over it.
3 - You would actually rather play a game "in the normal Sonic track" than a game that's playable.
1. Okay fine, I suck. I know I suck. The game is STILL built to be like that. No Smash Bros. virgin has beaten me, but I guarantee you that that's true; even if it isn't actually like that, that's how Sakurai wanted it. And if I suck then, well....THAT sucks, considering I played the game constantly for a month and a half without any improvements.

2. Just because it's a long-time problem doesn't mean it's not a problem. Honestly, I'm sick of these types of retorts.

3. Secret Rings was a piece of crap, and this is a retro Sonic fan speaking here. As I said, they both sucked, but I'd rather be on the same track instead of getting a spinoff where you have to keep moving CONSTANTLY.

Don't buy those games. Buy the good games.
You mean the 5 games for the Wii that are good? THAT'S my problem. I didn't spend $250 on a console so I could buy only a few games. I have tons of games for GameCube, and I can't think of a single one that I regret getting. That's not true for the Wii. I want a lot of titles that I can enjoy. That is a serious problem if I've got 5 titles I can enjoy, which is what's true for me thus far.

You're losing me again. "Held onto"? I think you may be in need of some enlightening:

Nintendo doesn't give two shakes about you or your feelings, how loyal you've been to them, how often you've 'publicly defended' them on message boards...all they want is money. There's a lot more money out there than most of us realized, as it turns out, and that money comes from people who play Wii Fail games.

It's a brave new world, friend. Get used to it. Stop whining about quirks in games and blaming it on Nintendo. They haven't done a **** thing wrong.
Okay, I'm not sure why there's a whole tone of this post that seems like you're talking down to me, perhaps it's my imagination. But I'm not stupid.

I know that Nintendo doesn't give a crap about my feelings or my loyalty. They've made that clear. But they should care that we've been with them for years instead of ditching us as soon as they can make more money.

HAH! Nintendo's done nothing wrong. You're just a riot. You really are.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
2. Just because it's a long-time problem doesn't mean it's not a problem. Honestly, I'm sick of these types of retorts.
But since it is a long-time problem, it's weird that you're making special note of it now. As Nintendo fans, we're used to this by now, right?

You mean the 5 games for the Wii that are good? THAT'S my problem. I didn't spend $250 on a console so I could buy only a few games. I have tons of games for GameCube, and I can't think of a single one that I regret getting. That's not true for the Wii. I want a lot of titles that I can enjoy. That is a serious problem if I've got 5 titles I can enjoy, which is what's true for me thus far.
Umbrella Chronicles, Boom Blox, Blast Works, Geometry Wars, LostWinds, Okami, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, NiGHTS, No More Heroes, Smooth Moves, Bully, Trauma Center, Guilty Gear, Elebits, Metal Slug, Excite Truck, Ghost Squad, Budokai Tenkaichi, Chocobo's Dungeon. That's not including big name titles like Metroid, Guitar Hero, and Smash Bros.

You're over-exaggerating.

Okay, I'm not sure why there's a whole tone of this post that seems like you're talking down to me, perhaps it's my imagination. But I'm not stupid.
Alright, I suppose I am being a bit of a quite a ****. Sorry, I've just gotten sick of all this post-E3 bull from every news outlet and their mother...

Really, I don't mean any personal offense, even if it seems that way.

HAH! Nintendo's done nothing wrong. You're just a riot. You really are.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

It seems cruel, but that's just smart business. Microsoft doesn't care that their now-standard OS completely blows--why should they, they're making tons of money off it, even with abysmal press coverage. Nintendo (as much as it hurts to say it) probably doesn't care that they're spending all the money the DS and Wii have been printing on silly add-ons and casual games.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Stop posting links to the VG cats comic. We've all seen it already.

Seriously, it's been getting posted on these forums like five times a day since Scott posted it.

On-topic: The only problem I have is that Nintendo isn't making the effort to get third party support, and that Nintendo is trying to change their core franchises to cater to casuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom