• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Man that's whack. This sucks for everyone all around... Even though I only came ever so often, I'm gonna miss barrio. Things like theft are bound to happen in a large city like KC, it just sucks it had to happen to someone like darkrain...

On the bright side... Ken is still on survivor!

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
The thing about that is the owner would have to look for the message on the date it was sent, and we would have to hope that it ever gets connected to the internet. It's simply not going to happen.

lol, I was thinking this yesterday. They wouldn't even know what to do in the all menus and everything!

I have an idea about what to do about still having Barrio Smash somewhere. I haven't fully thought it out yet, but if the idea works we should have a place to Smash still every Saturday.

Whats your idea?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
o.o That's horrible and so ****ing wrong. At least no one was hurt? >.> <.<

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I'm glad I met all of you guys and sadly I don't have interestt in pursuing higher level skills in Melee anymore. Anyway, it's been fun guys, I'm sure I'll see some of you in the future, others I probably won't.

For some of you (Like me) it's over, for some of you it's not. Either way I had a lot of fun at barrio on countless occasions, even if I got drunk and obnoxious.

I'm not saying the smash community is done or anything, I'm just saying that I'm out.

Cya,

linkw00t and Chadouken

papermarkis

Smash Lord
linkwOOt, you're acting like we're just going to suddenly end the community forever. Smash in Kansas City is not over, having it every Saturday night in David's house is, but the community is going to live on somehow.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yeah one can only hope the KC smash scene lives on... but the way I see it, melee is over. =( There might be more places to play smash, but there will only be one barrio... It's just not going to be the same!

Here Lies Barrio Smash
R.I.P.

DYC

Smash Champion
First off, you never came anyways so the way you see it doesn't really matter.
Barrio is more than just a place. It's the people I've come to enjoy hanging out with over the last five years. That isn't going anywhere so quit with your melodrama, as the great Rezo-gamier once said.

Cups

Smash Ace
These dudes don't know how much shifting kc smash has gone through before it was held at barrio. We made it through in the past, we'll just do it again. If everyone is just gonna cut ties and run then peace out because we didn't want you there anyway bunch of crybabies. Heaven forbid you have to work a little bit to keep something great going.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Well everyone doesn't have to own my head for it. =(

I loved coming when I could but it was hard enough getting to Barrio just every once and a while. If it becomes harder to come play with you guys, I just can't see myself playing smash anymore, because I suck enough from lack of practice. But I really love smashing with you peeps, so if you can keep it going, I'm in!

Jimi87O5

Smash Apprentice
So these nerds on the boat think they know how to smash, what they don't know is I have darkrains blood pumping through my vains.

How could you ignore me nick, i thought we were friends.

Missy used to always tell me that one day people were going to break in and **** her, its just a good thing she wasn't there.

dmac

Smash Champion
you shoulda ***** your cousin :(

edit! i just got a pretty nice arcade stick for pretty cheap (heh <<;; )... so im ready to fire up some 3rd strike ...

Cups

Smash Ace
you're right, i'm so sorry. We all owe you a significant amount after you saved all of our lives in Maryland.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
What the hell is going on with this thread... Anyone got any ideas for the new barrio yet?

only1Z

Smash Champion
Enjoy a break maybe....darks probably in mexico this weekend and I think some R&R while we gather a battle plan is in order for next weekend.

Cups

Smash Ace
i think we should go on to dokapon kingdom on saturdays, two setups, 8 people, build our chars every week until CONQUEST. If you don't have it, get it.

Light

Smash Journeyman
Deathmachine, what are some good sticks around $120 range? Prob lookin at PS2 for CVS2 and 3s. Have you heard of a PS2 -> Xbox360 controller-adapter?

also

Top Bottom