• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting, and housing KC. I had a blast even though I don't play brawl. =\

And Echo, you should definitely come next time.

Cups

Smash Ace
i just looked at the Pound 3 tourney results thread. yes it's still open and yes reading it makes me want to kill stuff

Ment

Smash Rookie
I didn't go in the pools, cause i knew i wouldn't make it far, but I learned a lot about Dedede watching Bozz and Flux, I want to make him my best char, not just the most fun to play lol.

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Oh, I guess that's understandable. I didn't really run into any Pits at the tournament... unless Zero, I can't remember, did you play Pit when we versed in pools? I think you did.
I might be the Pit your referring to since I went under the alias Zero. But there were quite a few Pits in the tourney. I wouldn't have been one but at the last minute I decided to switch from Olimar to Pit cause I was afraid of getting gimped easily & I guess I figured I'd be playing safe if I used Pit for my first tourney.

But **** my Pit sucked & I got destroyed by all the Snakes in my pool!! I should have stuck to my gut instinct & stayed with Oli but come next tournament ...... IT'S ON!!!!

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh, I just assumed that was Arkive, oops.

Yeah, I think your Olimar would have done better against me than your Pit, but whatever. Oh, and those Snakes in our pool were really good, especially Karma.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
man... we finished up tenga toppen gurren lagann last nite...

IT WAS AMAZING *shivers*

omg so good. SO GOOD. *explodes out of sheer excitement*

sorry. this is Jesi .. *sigh* BUT I'M SURE darkrain WILL CONCUR!!!
OH YES! Every since i finished that anime ive been trying to get people to watch it constantly. Its so great i definitely concur! Long live Kamina!!!

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
either cups completely hates me, or he loves me so much that he compliments when its not asked for. Either way gurren lagann is good s***

"good s*** pc chris!"

Cups

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I'm Cups and my name is Nick Van Stratton, and I'm an RA at the UMKC Cherry Street Residence Halls! I say things like "What are you doing?" and "Maaah Dude" and have a girlfirend that says "Cool Beans" a lot. And I'm not papermarkis typing from Cups account!

Jace08

Smash Lord
Crap I can't make it to Barrio this week, I have to work. If I keep getting scheduled Sat. nights I might just quit... *ponders*

Stealth you need to get those JCCC meetings up and running ASAP, I need to play smash with people. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the meetings.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Holy Crap!

Hey guys:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO THE GUILDHALL!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, for those of you who don't know, the Guildhall is a premier game design school offering a Master's degree in Interactive Technology-Art creation (conceptual art) specifically geared towards video games. It's like a dream education that offers a phenomenal placement rating in the industry. SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!

I toiled over getting into this school for a long time and asked several of my friends for advice, tips on artwork, and editing of my essay, and many helped me out along the way. Thank you so much for those of you who helped. I won't let you down! ;)

This weekend, provided we finish cleaning up the moldy mess that caused David and I many a sickly night, we will have a hell of a barrio! It's also Raya's bday, so we have plenty to celebrate! We're breaking out the champagne boyz! AAAAAAAA!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! SMASHERS ARE THE BEST!!! :p

only1Z

Smash Champion
raya's is in 2 weeks, but I told her she should celebrate 2 weeks....womanz would never refuse good times.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Hey guys:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO THE GUILDHALL!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, for those of you who don't know, the Guildhall is a premier game design school offering a Master's degree in Interactive Technology-Art creation (conceptual art) specifically geared towards video games. It's like a dream education that offers a phenomenal placement rating in the industry. SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!

I toiled over getting into this school for a long time and asked several of my friends for advice, tips on artwork, and editing of my essay, and many helped me out along the way. Thank you so much for those of you who helped. I won't let you down! ;)

This weekend, provided we finish cleaning up the moldy mess that caused David and I many a sickly night, we will have a hell of a barrio! It's also Raya's bday, so we have plenty to celebrate! We're breaking out the champagne boyz! AAAAAAAA!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! SMASHERS ARE THE BEST!!! :p
That's really awesome!

CFMV

"The Marf"
man i've been playin some melee lately and IT'S SOO GOOOOD WHY DOES ANYBODY PLAY BRAWL!?!?

oh and congrats to jesi.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Congratulations Jesi! That sounds like it will lead to a really promising career. Probably the best part of the video game industry is that it's still expanding exponentially, and the people with the right skills are always needed. Not everyone can say that about the field that they're passionate about.

Jesi

Smash Ace
haha Jace..I just wanted to say you are a really cool guy. A know there are some members of the crew that think highly of you as a polite and respectful person and smasher ^_^. LETS SMASH THIS WEEKEND AAAAAAA!!!! <<still excited.

I HEAR RUMORS OF A MELEE ONLY TOURNEY happening soon...are these TRU!?!?!?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, I've been hearing about this Barrio thing, and it sounds pretty cool, but where is it? I've been looking to brawl with some people people locally, and it seemed like a cool prospect since I heard about it at that tournament last Saturday.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
i love you when we aren't teaming, then i hate you.

deliberate team rests=not cool, bro, not cool
Those team rests were not deliberate... just plain amazing. PC Chris mains Jiggly now, so you better get used to it =)

dmac

Smash Champion
barrio stuffs

6627 e15th
kansas city, mo

go down the long driveway and go in the back, dont knock on the front. saturdays after 5pm!

Top Bottom