• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Cups

Smash Ace
We all know charlie drives around looking for people to be friends with him. What, are you going to tell me to stop acting like a cup? It's really weird b/c I'm sick too, I woke up and threw up today! I guess I'll fire up brawl this week to wark on my Ike, until then I'm still in St. Charles.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Does anyone who doesn't have a partner yet want to team with me for the JCCC tournament this Saturday?
i might be able to get a partner for you, my small crew has 3 people in it so we are odd numbered.

were you the guy that chain grabbed my dedede at the gamenut tournament with falco? =P

Jace08

Smash Lord
Heh yeah I was. You have a good Dedede, by the way. I thought I'd never kill you in that final match.

That'd be cool if I could team with someone from your crew; I'll look for you guys at the tournament.

D

Deleted member

what blasphemy is this? this thread is at the bottom of the list

and i can't wait for the JCCC tourney @_@

maybe my link will show you guys who's boss this time around mirite?

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Its always something about WoW or his girlfriend preventing him from attending barrio smash.
I know smash is SERIOUS BUSINESS so is there any way you can forgive me for flooding?

But since you mentioned it I can be more on topic and say that I officially love playing as gray Kirby.

I'm sure barrio is canceled and I missed it somewhere 10 pages back though.

(Btw Z you play Orc that' rocks, **** all those ***** *** undead and belf rogues, blood fury ftw)

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
basically... brawl makes me want to suicide. i two stocked my first round and then got infinited while playing my ness. i totally lost my spirit the rest of the tournament. brawl is obsolete. im just gonna go to sleep now and dream about dying

papermarkis

Smash Lord
If your opponent sucks at getting around them then yes, it is. If they know what they're doing then spamming the arrows only leaves the Pit vulnerable imo.
I beat every Pit I ran into at the tournament. But I didn't enjoy it at all. All most of them did is spam arrows, wait for you to get close. Then attack you and start spamming again. I avoided almost every arrow fired at me.

DYC

Smash Champion
If your opponent sucks at getting around them then yes, it is. If they know what they're doing then spamming the arrows only leaves the Pit vulnerable imo.
The point he is making isn't that it is hard to beat, but that it just makes the game ********.

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
So is arrow spamming with Pit really the best way to play him? Or do people like being gay?
Spamming pits don't bother me one bit. Sonic's spindash ducks underneath dem arrows xD

But I know what you mean... the singles pools burned me out cause I had to deal with a spamming link, pit, and two Robs. I overcame it all but was completely burned when it came to playing actual singles matches.. my eyes were turning red.

Then I had to fight PHatgamer, then another Rob and Dmac in losers. Slightly stressful but fun none the less. I woo'd alotta peeps with Sonic's awsomeness. XDD

Ment

Smash Rookie
Well, as long as everyone is talking about the aftermath of the tournament, Me and Dan (Stealth Raptor) are trying to get another one slated for July, for those who didn't get the message. I'm thinking of setting up another in the fall, I don't have any idea of an exact month though. It depends a lot on how busy people are though.

D

Deleted member

what u mean a spamming link >_>

i just played more defensively than normal, sonic is too fast for link

Massive

Smash Champion
Sonic was fun to fight. The only thing that pissed me off about the tournement was the ROBs.
Oh and the pit vs. pit matches I had to watch that took 7 minutes each time.

I miss my wavedashin' though.

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
what u mean a spamming link >_>

i just played more defensively than normal, sonic is too fast for link
hey now, I mean no disrespect when I say spammin. Back on melee I spammed when I mained young link, thats were his power came into play. If you got projectiles, use em' and you did. I got raped as an end result. Sonic dosen't do too well against projectile characters.

Sonic was fun to fight. The only thing that pissed me off about the tournement was the ROBs.
The robs dude.. the Robs.. God hes hard to beat x_x

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
Robs arnt too hard for me, their slow up b makes them an easy target to spike. and pits arrows can be crawled under for me. i hate melee stages though, good god.

Jace08

Smash Lord
The point he is making isn't that it is hard to beat, but that it just makes the game ********.

Oh, I guess that's understandable. I didn't really run into any Pits at the tournament... unless Zero, I can't remember, did you play Pit when we versed in pools? I think you did.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
I still think counterpicks should include Melee.

I like melee stages and all but when it comes to a more serious match like a tourne or something im all about neutrals. The rest to me are just for fun like party matches and friendlys. I aint complaining or nothing those were some good games and a great tourne. Im gonna start making it down to kc more often. I cant wait for some more rematches. I pooled with dark and came in second to him so ill take my 25th place lol.

CFMV

"The Marf"
I meant the GAME melee, not the stages in Brawl.

EDIT: I stopped reading Nynja's post after the first sentence, but it looks like all I missed were some spelling and grammatical errors. And how did you misplace the 'y' in "tourney" all the way to "friendlys" ?

darkrain

Smash Ace
man... we finished up tenga toppen gurren lagann last nite...

IT WAS AMAZING *shivers*

omg so good. SO GOOD. *explodes out of sheer excitement*

sorry. this is Jesi .. *sigh* BUT I'M SURE darkrain WILL CONCUR!!!

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
nah i ment brawl. I guess i missed the "y" because it was in my name or something. I went back to melee at the tourneY for the first time and watched my friend play. i was like wow you "suck at this game" so i went ahead and took dmac on.... all i have to say is if brawl were not exsist any more, i should just play mario kart...

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I got torn up in my pool pretty badly.

Nynja spiked me at 25% on our very first stock. Ashen, an 11-year old, swept me like a *****. Of course darkrain tore me up.

Then there was an epic Old Peach v. New Peach (Pikachu) match where I lost to Denec and his spamming Down-A/Down-B combo in 3 games.

I think I was 6th in the pool out of ten. Not a good showing for one of like 2 Peach players there. However, that fact did make me feel good--most people don't know how to play against Brawl Peach because she isn't used nearly as much as before. So, I think I will stick with my Mid-Tier main and just focus on doing the best with her as I can. I love that *****.

But right now I really want to play Brawl some more, and there's no one around that I know who play it (or want to play me), so:

Is there anyone in the Topeka area that's willing to play (in person)?

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
tournament was pretty cool I guess, I hate snake players more than I did before, and I learned that this dude in my pool, TTT, is the biggest douche ive ever met.

Top Bottom