• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
I showed up to the Cherry Street Dorms, went inside, then went down to the basement. I was there at 5:00 as suggested, but nobody else was. I waited until almost 6:30 and then I left. So, I guess I screwed up somehow. Anyways, it sucks that I drove all the way out there for nothing, but I hope everyone else was able to find the right place.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Guys, I know I'm a noob, but I'll attempt to get legit in Brawl.
Hopefully with Wario. He's spastic and completely new, but I love him for who he is. Taunt me all you want, but I think he's got a lot of potential. Just need lots and lots of practice.

CFMV

"The Marf"
I showed up to the Cherry Street Dorms, went inside, then went down to the basement. I was there at 5:00 as suggested, but nobody else was. I waited until almost 6:30 and then I left. So, I guess I screwed up somehow. Anyways, it sucks that I drove all the way out there for nothing, but I hope everyone else was able to find the right place.
you must have been at the wrong place because brawl was going right around 5:00 and continued the rest of the night. i guess you went to the basement of the wrong building (?)
you should have just asked around.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Wait, is there more than one basement? I only saw the one dorm building (although it is freaking huge) and I guess I figured if there was more than one then he would have specified. I guess next time I'll make sure to get someone's phone# ahead of time so I can call if I'm lost or confused.

So anyways, how did the tourney turn out, was it fun? Also, who ended up winning and what character were they playing? (I really hope it's not Marth ><)

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919

yea what did you all think of brawl?

i wish i could have came.

what were the tourny results?

darkrain

Smash Ace
Sorry you couldn't find us Cyrlous, there are actually two dorm buildings, Cherry and Oak, you must have went to the oak building. They are right next to each other. Brawl is really fun and refreshing, got a lot to learn though. As for Results.

Singles:
1. Paradox (Olimar)
2. darkrain (C.Falcon)
3. Lego-luigi (Snake)
4. Mprism (Zero Suit Samus)
5. Cups (Ike)
5. Nynja (Sonic)

Doubles:
1) Mprism and Nopants (ZSS and T.link)
2) Phatgamaer and Echo (G&W and Lucas)
3) Nynja and Paradox (Sonic and Olimar)
4) darkrain and dmac (C.falcon and fox)

Secks.

Smash Ace
We wanted to try to Wii Fii battle, you guys at KC from our Lincoln tourny, but Echo was a krust bucket and didn't wana answer his phone. We wanted to test out online capabilities.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Guys, I know I'm a noob, but I'll attempt to get legit in Brawl.
Hopefully with Wario. He's spastic and completely new, but I love him for who he is. Taunt me all you want, but I think he's got a lot of potential. Just need lots and lots of practice.
Hey BPS it was fun fighting with you, the turnip bomb was epic.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Figures I'd wind up in the wrong building, that sucks. Oh well, it's cool that Brawl is fun and I'm glad it's not as awful as some are trying to say it is. It's only a couple of weeks now until the U.S. release, so I'll pretty busy with it once it finally comes out.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
By the way, for any of you at the University of Kansas, a guy named Clint Shriner is trying to make a Brawl club or some type of weekly get together. Contact him at subtlety@ku.edu if you're interested (or something).

Echo

Smash Champion
Games were too good last night/this morning... it's gonna be a long 2 weeks... lol
for those that haven't heard yet theres a brawl tournament in Omaha on march 22nd, so you better get practiced up :p

I've been reading up on that GameStop tournament stuff, it looks pretty interesting. Are you guys going to be able to participate in that since you may be in St. Louis??

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
What does St. Louis have to do with anything? I live here and multiple Gamestops here are having tournament spots. If KC people played in Stl, it shouldt make a difference cuz we'll see each other in regionals anyway.

I guess it would be messed up cuz you'd have to come back over to Stl for districts, but idk

P.S. I didn't get to sleep till like 1 P.M. today. We drove back to Stl after darkrain went to sleep. Funnest all-nighter ever

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff, I'm going to John pretty bad right now. But I was awake for a LONG time before I went to the tourney. I played a lot of WoW. I have Friday and Saturday off from work, and I hadn't slept since I woke up Thursday at like noon.

/shrug.

SD'ing in the first match of singles sucked, almost winning that match sucked even worse.

Chad said I actually fell asleep there and he tried to wake me up. LOLZ. Thanks for asking me to stay though I appreciated it. Got some good pizza courtesy of teh hoest.

dmac

Smash Champion
as of this moment im 100% certain that my entire life has led up to playing through the phoenix wright games and now apollo justice. i'm in the middle of the last case and I CANNOT COMPREHEND HOW ****ING AWESOME THIS IS. I HAD TO STOP BECAUSE I COULDN'T STAND HOW MUCH BEAUTY THERE IS IN THIS GAME. (sees a plastic bag flying in the wind)

holy crap. at least 4 times so far i've pooped my pants at the awesome and im not even close to finishing the case.

/end hype

SamDvds

Smash Ace
echo, our tourney is march 8th so the 22nd might work depending on how much homework i have or if other ppl can get off work etc...but your sheik is goin down!! i dunno if im gonna do the game stop thing cause it looks like they have wierd rules...gotta use a wii mote and its timed..but they dont even give out specific rules about items or stages or what the time limit is. they just say the rules will be explained right before the tournament -_-...sounds a little suspicious and noobish but oh wellz. well see.

Cups

Smash Ace
Had a great time at the tourney and at the barrio. Brawl is too good, glad I started figuring some stuff out with Ike. Wish I would have known some stuff at the tourney that I found out at the barrio ha ha. Zerk I had fun doing all those matches with you, that pokemon stage blows ha ha. GGs to everyone, I need a doubles partner! FYI dyc, phat was talking about leaving you for brawl, I am willing to sign you b/c you are a valuable free agent.

h8 phat.

<3 Z, rep Ike hard mangs.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
pfft if i had known some of the stuff i figured out after the tourney ur ike woulda been toast! <3 Brawl its so fun

Jesi

Smash Ace
Don't worry about your mains. You are going to die to my falco. >: O

lol j/k but brawl is sooo fun!!! :D

only1Z

Smash Champion
Nick there are 2 things I need to discuss with you, 1) Berserk 2) What you've discovered with Ike in your free play *IIIIIKKKKEEEEEE Love baby*

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
Nick there are 2 things I need to discuss with you, 1) Berserk 2) What you've discovered with Ike in your free play *IIIIIKKKKEEEEEE Love baby*
1) naw, he got it right, my tag is ZERK. 2) figure it out like he did, the longer it takes you the better cuz I don't need more Ikes demolishing me, lol.

J/K but not really o_O

papermarkis

Smash Lord
1) naw, he got it right, my tag is ZERK. 2) figure it out like he did, the longer it takes you the better cuz I don't need more Ikes demolishing me, lol.

J/K but not really o_O
He's talking about an anime called Berserk, not Zerk.

I had a lot fun just like everyone else. I didn't play Pokemon Trainer during the tourney because he's hard to learn with 3 chars and all, but I played him almost exclusively during free-play. I got Squirtle mostly figured out and know a few things with Ivysaur, however I still have far to go with Charizard. I don't know what to do with him other than spam Fairs.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Sounds like you all had a fun time; wish I could'a been there. Ah well, two weeks. I'll actually be smashing at JCCC for Brawl, which is only about ten minutes away from my house, but I hope to see you all at tournaments.

echo, our tourney is march 8th so the 22nd might work depending on how much homework i have or if other ppl can get off work etc...but your sheik is goin down!! i dunno if im gonna do the game stop thing cause it looks like they have wierd rules...gotta use a wii mote and its timed..but they dont even give out specific rules about items or stages or what the time limit is. they just say the rules will be explained right before the tournament -_-...sounds a little suspicious and noobish but oh wellz. well see.
Really, you HAVE to use a wii-mote? I know it said that we couldn't bring controllers from home, but I don't remember reading anything about that... Must have missed it.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
well they said they were gonna make ppl use the controllers they provide...then i forgot who i was talking to when this was brought up but they dont wanna let ppl use their own controllers cuz they dont wanna have to keep opening up the cases to plug in controllers cuz its a risk of getting something stollen..like the wii or whatever...so the only controller they can use without opening the case is the wii mote...iono maybe theyll provide classic controllers but either way its lame they dont let u use GC controllers

CFMV

"The Marf"
that's really crappy. i think even the newbs will want to use the GC controllers. and the rules are really ghey too. the first round is ONE MINUTE timed match. wtf. i think i'll sit out on this crappily run gamestop tourney.

Top Bottom