• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
dmac said:
aight aight lets start planning the tourney. i think the 30th would probabbbbbly be the best, cause its friday and NOT new years eve. the problem with friday is that everyone needs to make sure they take off of work, so do it! you have a months notice(assuming this is the date we wanna keep)!

okay. the biggest issue is gonna be where the hell are we gonna host it. i could ask luckey how much it would cost to rent that room in the church again... cause i think that'd be ideal. that room was huge, tons of outlets all over the place, water fountains, restrooms, etc etc. its good. the problem would be pooling money to rent it, and then getting our cash back to make sure we dont lose too much money hosting it.

Hopefully we can get 45+ people, I think that'd be a nice #. hell FFC had 60+, which was insane~. i'll ask jesi to make some flyers again(no , real flyers, not the ones that we made last time <_<). 10 dollar entrance fees, teams, singles, low tier? we were really strapped for time at the e-57, and it ended at around 11? I forget....

the rules are gonna be mlg standard with a few tweaks here and there, so dont expect anything crazy. demised from arizona and neko from ohio should be in town too, so theres already OOS competition ^_^

any ideas suggestions would be teh appreciated, and i'll probably make a make tournament thread for this soon. it should be e-60 shouldn't it? i'm pretty sure e-58 was when we did that ffa tourney lol, and e-59 should be forgotten hehe
aight took work off, this is gonna be awesome looking foward to smashing with you guys again. i can bring a setup

JamesJ

Smash Journeyman
FaceLoran said:
Fire it up....

I can't wait till this tourney when I **** on Phat guaranteed :-P
gtfo our thread with that **** or i will **** all over your black ***.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
JamesJ, idk who you are but you need to GTFO of my thread. Unless you wanna play for the ability to post in here. Now put up or shut up KNEEGROW!

JamesJ

Smash Journeyman
phat, this is my thread now so..........GTFO

dmac, make a tourney thread or.....GTFO

sauce, mo, ...just................................. GTFO

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well I want to go to chicago and I plan on getting there by all means nessacary. So Phat/Dmac, Can you guys pick me up and take me thier? ^_^

jayray

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, just a little info on me, since i joined not to long ago.
i plan on attendin some of these turnys you hold.
my main is samus.
subs i use are link and falcon.
i live at the entrance to lansing, which is where petro deli is and city hall.
if you need to contact me, my email is rynorythym@yahoo.com and if you want i can give you my cell number. anyway cool to see local players, i hope to see you soon

potentgirt

Smash Rookie
hey, i just joined smashboards too, and i had no idea there were so many smashfests and stuff

i live in overland park, kansas, abuot 5 minutes away from KC

i dont have a main really, just in between marth, young link, mario,and dr mario.

but, im 17, so im old enough to go on trips and such haha, im definitely interested in joining some tourneys.
wathcing some of the vids, i feel pretty confident.

i just learned about l cancelling, DI, and wding. L cancelling is all that matters I'd say

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
I would be interested in attending one of these, how much is entry and prize?

dmac

Smash Champion
well we JUST had a tourney yesterday, so it'll be probably two months or so before we host our own, but we usually travel to tourneys if they're around. keep your eye on this thread for when we get together for regular get-togethers and smashfests, we usually do those at least once every two weeks

only1Z

Smash Champion
Thanks for comin out jayray and potentgirt. Love new people. Hope to see you soon vanilla

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
it was an awesome tournament guys... I need to brush up on my skillz...even though its hard to find others in wichita to play(and keep playing) im not going to quit smash im going to keep training and coming back and playing with you guys because i love smash and you all are so cool. if i can keep my grades up ill be back to lawerence tournies and sometimes i may go to other tournies that lawerence goes to aswell( like can i carpool with lawerence crew if i drive to dmacs house or something before u guys leave for a tourny? dont worry ill let you guys know ahead of time if im coming) well anyway u guys are goood...what do you guys do to train? anyone remember playing my samus in the last tourny what could i do to make my game better? since i dont have many serious smasher here to play with...what would be the best solo training method?

jayray

Smash Apprentice
yeah, thanks Z, it was a blast period. anyway, its really nice getting some experience from this.

o and WTF james, i was expecting to see a black man because of you sig. so, sorry about the strange
face i gave ya at the turny lol, i was just confused when you said your name ;p

anyway, you were alot of fun to play, i hope to play ya again soon.

JamesJ

Smash Journeyman
jayray said:
yeah, thanks Z, it was a blast period. anyway, its really nice getting some experience from this.

o and WTF james, i was expecting to see a black man because of you sig. so, sorry about the strange
face i gave ya at the turny lol, i was just confused when you said your name ;p

anyway, you were alot of fun to play, i hope to play ya again soon.

rofl my fu cking waffle

SuperProgamerX

Smash Rookie
Wasup everbody. I'm new to smashboards, and me and my brother are looking for tourneys and people to test our skills on.

My main is shiek, and my brother's is ganondorf. And when we team up we can't be stoped .

So I'm up for all challenges and tourneys.

only1Z

Smash Champion
"And when we team up we can't be stoped ."

Why do you gotta say things like that, I suppose we'll get together within the next 2 weeks or so. Keep your eyes on this topic.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
SuperProgamerX said:
My main is shiek, and my brother's is ganondorf. And when we team up we can't be stoped .
tr.v. stoped, stop·ing, stopes
To remove (ore) from or mine by means of a stope

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
JamesJ said:
Owned with Dyc/words.
Dyc-tion?

Well, we don't want to give the wrong impression, right? Welcoming new people and what-not... We just ask for some humility and grammar.

So, we do accept you, SuperProgamer. Come on down and try your hand. Level 1 is me, and you'll work your way up. Like in kung-fu movies.

Fastest

Smash Ace
I'll be in El Dorado on the 8th. I'll need something to do, got the whole day to play smash/SC3 with you fools. Hit me up. (PM)

jayray

Smash Apprentice
so yeah... my gamecube stop workin today. so... gonna be a while till i get another one -.-;;;

Top Bottom