• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
Honda you don't even make it out to the Lawrence smashfests you say you will, let alone Massive's/darkrain's. Let's be real, you would've never made it out there.

HondaFoo goes to everything.
And by goes to everything I mean plays League of Legends.

lol @ honda liking these posts

shinobi sorry that we're all raining on your parade but it's true that smashfests aren't really worth traveling to. I always thought como was a good location for a tournament though, since you have the potential for springfield, kc, st. louis, rolla and of course como people to all show up. If you organized a tourney there I would try to go

Massive

Smash Champion
Not only that, but we have turnouts of 10-15 people at my place almost every week I host. Numbers have gone as high as mid 20s without any real planning, and that's just KC crew. Driving 90 minutes to CoMo for a smaller to same-size turnout than just putting clothes on and walking downstairs doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Sorry Cups, thats my fault. :shades:
Yeah actually just host a tournament and it'd be super fun.
We have good players of like every character in KC except Marth and Falco, and I sure won't get really good experience against those chars in MO.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Honda you don't even make it out to the Lawrence smashfests you say you will, let alone Massive's/darkrain's. Let's be real, you would've never made it out there.
Honda comes to Nebraska given others going too, which shows that he is probably being honest in this situation. Maybe he doesn't want to go to the same smash fests with the same people he's been playing with since 2001, not anything against you guys, but new blood in the seas revives the shark in all of us. Maybe he wants to go face real competition in a non-friendly environment.

Speaking of, Massive, if Nebraska showed up for one of those smashfests, would you wanna turn it into an invite type tournament? I know the biggest problem is that you don't want 50+ people, strangers and thieves at your place, but an invite keeps it small and limited.

inb4mrmisnotinvited

DYC

Smash Champion
Honda comes to Nebraska given others going too, which shows that he is probably being honest in this situation. Maybe he doesn't want to go to the same smash fests with the same people he's been playing with since 2001, not anything against you guys, but new blood in the seas revives the shark in all of us. Maybe he wants to go face real competition in a non-friendly environment.

Speaking of, Massive, if Nebraska showed up for one of those smashfests, would you wanna turn it into an invite type tournament? I know the biggest problem is that you don't want 50+ people, strangers and thieves at your place, but an invite keeps it small and limited.

inb4mrmisnotinvited
Kill yourself. No one will mourn you.

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm not holding another mini-tourney out of my house, that was too rough.

However, Nebraska, STL, Columbia, Iowa, Rolla, Springfield, et. al. have open invitations to attend my smashfests, they just never take me up on it. It's best if they drop us a line before hand to make sure we don't have plans as a crew, but I'm usually fine with OoS people coming to hang. The only real exception is the massivesmash BBQ, which is KC CREW ONRY and an event where we don't actually smash that much.

That being said, I usually recommend people avoid coming to places where the crowd may be considered hostile.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, I thrive on hostile crowds.

You can't be the best troll and not be able to deal with people talking **** and not love it when you're in an entire threads head.

What's the worst thing someone is going to do? Hit me? I dare them.

Have an incentive to 4 stock me? I dare them. Hell, that's half the point of this anyway.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I will sit and talk to Z for about 3 hours straight even if he doesn't say a word because of how much I respect him. Maybe if he tells me I suck or something I'd listen, but only if he told me how to improve myself. I can't deal with only negativity in critique, you need an even view and a possible solution.

Also I have enjoyed convos with Honda/Massive/Dmac/AustinRC/Phat (who even housed me and taught me a lot of sheik tricks) previously) really got me more into melee when I played him back in early 2010. tbh it just seems like the people who haven't ever played me who are old balls level blades of grass to be cut down by lawnmower man.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
ah, sorry u feel that way strong bad. :( well we'll see u around. and hondafoo, it's under a 2 hour drive! haha anywho, is it gas money that being far away entails? if u, frizz master, jace, and anyone else that wants to come along drive together, gas will be super cheap

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't plan to buy a PS4 for a long time. I just hope my backwards compatible PS3 works for as long as possible.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
ok so my page didn't load everyone's comments! **** new smashboards! anywho, yeah i thought about having a tournament, but thought that a nice friendly smashfest would be best just get some play time with peeps and because there's already 2 midwest/MO tourneys next month. And yeah i see what u guys are saying sb, jace, massive. i know u lucky guys in kc have a pretty big croud, my logic was that u might have fun playin with some of the como and st louis smashers for a change of pace. hopefully soon i will start organizing a como tourney. Como does have the best location for everyone in missouri/kck.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
austin i'd be down for a low-key tourney if you can host one

actually i'm pretty much down to do whatever it takes to get jace and frizz to show up

falcon practice plz

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
Yeah Paul. It seems next time I will just make it tourney. Atm if everyone that says they can come does, we'll have over 14 people or so, which is decent for how many people aren't showin up. So soon we can have a bigger show (in an actual Como tourney) Maybe April. But this time I'm gunna stick with the smashfest. We may or may not have a friendly tourney, or a $1 entry fee or something stupid for ****s if people wanna, but this one will still be a smashfest.

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
Raith you best be coming this time. You and Frizzle need to have awesome evil twin matches. For people driving from Lawrence: I can drive up to two more people, aside from Jace and Z. If anybody else wants to come, feel free to post/call my home phone at (785)-842-3267.

My cell phone's battery was destroyed in the snowpacylypse, so I'll only be able to contact you guys via the boards and my house phone. If you're not able to call, that's cool! Just show up at my place around 6-7, or whenever you guys wanna leave. I'll be here. :bee:

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
I'd say I'm fond of ours, but it still makes a noise similar to the ancient dial up sound from the 90's. That part's not so good times.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Adam you are seriously like the best person in the world you are inspirational not even being sarcastic.
Also Raith is definitely the evil twin because I will always prevail in the end.
excpet at that wolverine game
Also someone bring Project M pls

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
D'aww thanks guys. Hey now, I'm learning from the best, so I can't be the best yet. I'll be supplying Project M as always, and by next week I'll have a copy of Melee again.

That means I'll be supplying all three smashes on the same console, 100% of the time. Oh yeah, since I'm replacing the music in that game for the most part, anybody have any requests?

Top Bottom