• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

darkrain

Smash Ace
Ok dudes here is the cost breakdown estimate for FC: $85 entry for the tourney

Car 1 Car 2 Car 3
darkrain Massive coolpepper
jesi Jace chaduken
dmac Strongbad linkw00t
Z Phat jturtle
rezo pyroty b0nerlord

Each car has 5 and gas should look something like this:

Miles: 1,200
Gallons: 48
Per Gal $3.50
Gas Total: $168.00
Split: $33.60 est.

Should have 10 actual dudes coming and we have 2 hotel rooms reserved. Each is $316.40 for all 4 nights (Sat-Tues). I propose we load up one of the rooms for those with a limited budget. So ...

8 dudes in room 1: $39.55 ($40) per person
Me and Jesi in master suite: $158.20 per person

Food for 4 days will probably be $40 to $100 depending on how baller you are. Total for everything rounded up for most of you should look something like this:

Total w/o food = $85 entry + $35 gas + $40 hotel = $160

Total w/ food should be between $200 and $250.

I propose we meet at Phatgamer's house if that is ok with him but we should try to carpool as much as possible before we get to his place. He lives right off 70 hwy and it's a good place to start the road trip. The only person on the list not 100% confirmed is rezo, so step it up, lie, tell them your grandma died, quit your job if you have to. Registration ends tomorrow so we gotta get this finalized real soon.

Whoever gets elected/volunteers as one of the drivers... dudes need to promptly give your $35 gas contribution to him/her and also give me your $40 hotel split at the start of the trip. smashers are notoriously poor/unreliable so we need to take care of this at the beginning so massive doesn't get screwed again (see: smym van rental debacle). Not to sound like a jerk but I'm fronting about $630 for the hotel rooms. On another note I dunno if I can handle playing smash for 3 days straight but bro'n out with dudes for that long is gonna be legit. We only have one more smash gathering before the tournament so everyone try to make it out so we can get some more brackets practice in. Jace, quit your job and come play me more often. That is all! PEACE

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Dang 3 cars, b0nerlord rolling deep

Man, of all the tournaments I really wish I could go to this one :(

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
He just said his name was paper, actual name is Joshua, iirc. He said he was at the barrio a few times and also early JCCC, so it could be paperdream, idk. I'll ask him if I end up playing with him again. He's a peach player, pretty decent seeing as he hadn't played in some 3 years.
yes that is paperdream. tell him stealth says hi :D

Jace08

Smash Lord
my last day will be the 6th, so after that it's hardcore practice time

car 3 for top 5 at fc

xion you definitely should come out!

pyro good stuff registering! reeeezo where you at?

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm going to opt not to use my car this time.

I am willing to share driving duties with whomever requires it, though.

I will be bringing my laptop and hard drive full of various TV shows/Movies. I will also likely bring my xbox sticks as my laptop is quite capable of playing basically everything we love.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I'm fine with people meeting at my place, just don't want 900 cars parked for 5 days in front of the house. Bad news for car situation...I am currently still without a driver's license so unless absolutely necessary, I won't be able to drive. My car will also not be available for the trip since my tags expire tomorrow.

Edit: Registered.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL 8 dudes in 1 room okay. Pound 5 babyyyy
Glad I can already afford this trip, though I have some $ coming to me so it wasn't a problem originally

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Things didn't work out that well and now I'm poor again lol

Damn that video blackjack machine in the strip club

dmac

Smash Champion
we should leave phats house at noon... 9.5 hour drive isn't going to be too bad....

after seeing the dark knight rises i want anne hathaway to sit on my face

Massive

Smash Champion
Anne Hathaway is Allison Brie with more teeth.
See Community S03E12: Contemporary Impressionists.

I was enthralled by her occupation of that catwoman catsuit. Also chicks with goggles are hot.

dmac

Smash Champion
rfrizzle, you'll understand someday

jace on the other hand will never: he is going to find a nice Christian girl and he's in for an exciting life of missionary

:phone:

DYC

Smash Champion
rfrizzle, you'll understand someday

jace on the other hand will never: he is going to find a nice Christian girl and he's in for an exciting life of missionary

Missionary only no eye contact please.

Or he will find a nice Christian girl who turns out to be Sarah Michelle Gellar from Cruel Intentions.

darkrain

Smash Ace
I'm assuming rezo is out and jfro just told me he is in.. so here are the new car rosters.

Car 1
darkrain
jesi
dmac
Z
Jace

Car 2
Massive
Phat
strongbad
pyroty
jfro

Basically a KS car and MO car. dmac & Z will leave with me, Jesi, & Jace from Olathe and we'll carpool to Phat's from there.. we'll be taking Jesi's car.

I recommend pyro and jfro carpool with Massive to phat's. strongbad you find a way to get dropped off in Blue Springs.. that way we don't have to leave any cars at phat's place. Massive I don't see any way around you taking your car. You're the only real life adult aside from phatgamer but he has no license and no tags. get at me.

Top Bottom