• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
Markis will drive out to Rob's BBQ at 103rd and metcalf but he wont come out to massivesmash which is almost exactly the same length/distance of a trip.

HE'S MADE HIS CHOICE.

Speaking of BBQ, I just bought all the meat for Saturday.
So much meat.

only1Z

Smash Champion
All these kids getting me riled up, almost as much as meat does.

*Save us all and try to bring fruit if you can

Massive

Smash Champion
Feel free to bring as much or as little (or nothing, I have no real preference) as you like, I will be providing myriad meatstuffs as well as condiments and an assortment baked food gripping apparati.

We usually have plenty of food, but if one is still open to suggestion, I suspect these categories would likely surmise dudes' opinions of various party-able sundries.

Beginner tier: Soda
Basic tier: Chips and Dip
Mid tier: Potato Salad
Bro tier: Booze of any sort
High tier: Casserole of some sort, up to and including macaroni
God tier: KELSEY BROUGHT COOKIES.

I don't know where fruit fits in, really. I'm slightly allergic to watermelon and cantaloupe despite loving them, so I wouldn't partake even if they were there.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
We used to quite frequently. Nobody really cares that much.

We need to have another E52 though, and not some fake 15 person one in a church in Lawrence.

If anybody is going to JCCC, they can get probably get us a discounted rate. FYI It is $1000 for non-student rental of the space (Regnier Center) we had before, if memory serves Duck got it for either very cheap or free, but I don't know the details.

I've thought about running another big one here in KC before, but I've never really found any decent event space (although that building in NKC where that hilarious MIDWEST NET WARZZZZZ thing happened was pretty accommodating... looked cheap too).
as we were a club we could get that venue for free. as that club dissolved years ago alas you either have to pay the venue fee (which, considering how nice the venue is, isnt THAT bad of a commitment if you can get the attendance, it can easily run a national tournament) or get a club to run it

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Markis will drive out to Rob's BBQ at 103rd and metcalf but he wont come out to massivesmash which is almost exactly the same length/distance of a trip.

HE'S MADE HIS CHOICE.

Speaking of BBQ, I just bought all the meat for Saturday.
So much meat.
I've told you guys before, I don't drive anywhere. I don't have a car, I can't go anywhere unless someone picks me up and is also going there. And I'm pretty out of the way of any Smash OR SF players.

Massive

Smash Champion
as we were a club we could get that venue for free. as that club dissolved years ago alas you either have to pay the venue fee (which, considering how nice the venue is, isnt THAT bad of a commitment if you can get the attendance, it can easily run a national tournament) or get a club to run it
Muy interesante.

We'd need >67 people to have a $15 venue fee and just break even on that place, which I'm thinking is doable, albeit a bit pricey. For reference the first E52 had ~100 people, and the second had around 75.

If it was hyped enough we could probably hit some lower attendance smym numbers (70-80), but I'm thinking it's going to be hard to garner as much support as we had at the original one.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just get darkrain to run it or at least make the OP, we'll get the numbers.

Just a quick reminder that the deal on hotel rates will be expiring soon. Reserve your room before July 23 to lock in the price at $70/night. If you can't reserve the room before then, try to find someone to room with and agree to split the costs. It's kind of scary how close this is getting...

only1Z

Smash Champion
Was about to say, two big things are if you're serious - run the thread early and have dark kick it off.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Massive, make dudes save me some meat this time...I won't get off work till like midonight-o :urg:
Tooooooooooo ****ing easy. Also btw, did you leave a pair of sunglasses at my place? Since I know you won't respond by saturday anyways, I'll go ahead and bring em along. If I make it out that is.

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm still confused as to how leveraging your celebrity status to take 62 credit hours a semester and asking/paying people to do your work for you qualifies one to teach a class.

****ing celebrity privilege man.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Basically all the free time in the world, while people just letting you do things. James Franco is so amazing...forever in my heart <3

Jace08

Smash Lord
lol that poor professor

so I'm guessing you guys saw the email about the fc hotel offer expiring soon. What's the plan for where we're staying?

DYC

Smash Champion
I will not be at the BBQ. Have to help my brother move. In Iowa.

Also in other news dark knight rises was awesome and Bane's voice could be my favorite thing ever.

:phone:

Bl00dyBizkitz

Smash Cadet
I will not be at the BBQ. Have to help my brother move. In Iowa.

Also in other news dark knight rises was awesome and Bane's voice could be my favorite thing ever.

:phone:
I remember people *****ing about Bane's voice in the trailer and begging for Nolan to change it. And Nolan just saying lolno. Also, trying to avoid all the reviews people are putting out there is hard. I want to get my own opinion first, before it's swallowed up by everyone elses.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm going

so I mostly likely can't make it to bbq smash tomorrow, gonna be at a friend's wedding. If the reception and stuff ends early enough though I may still go

Top Bottom