• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
I've never been fond of the idea of multiple computers acting as space heaters in a confined area to amplify the smell of dude, or just lugging my 30 pound computer ANYWHERE. It would be disappointing with 4 player rooms anyway, it would probably work out the same way as getting the right number of people in cars for tournaments.
We already get hot in the basement while smashing. A few computers aren't going to make more heat than 5 TVs with 5 different systems going in the same room with 15 people crammed down there. Also, having been to countless LAN parties throughout high school I can tell you the smell has never actually been an issue.

LAN parties are godmode tier fun. Order Pizza, drink a butt-load of caffeinated drinks, and play Quake 3/Red Faction/Counter-Strike/SC2 until you fall asleep at your terminal.

Also, I'm planning on having the 2ND ANNUAL MASSIVESMASH BARBECUE on April 21st to celebrate 2 glorious years of bro-ing out in my basement.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
Until my current tower, I've grown up with the side off of my computer to prevent overheating and automatic reboots. My first computer managed to get up to 212 degrees once and somehow didn't suffer a meltdown from it, but after that the side never went back on and often needed a fan pointed at it. Especially when running WoW for hours during raids, if I forgot the fan it WOULD reboot.

Also as awesome as caffeine is, some kind of drinking game based around a HC mode race would be awesomer.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I don't know what's happening in this thread. Let the gravel burgers commence.

I am fairly lukewarm on diablo 3 now....just no hype.

Massive

Smash Champion
Until my current tower, I've grown up with the side off of my computer to prevent overheating and automatic reboots. My first computer managed to get up to 212 degrees once and somehow didn't suffer a meltdown from it, but after that the side never went back on and often needed a fan pointed at it. Especially when running WoW for hours during raids, if I forgot the fan it WOULD reboot.
I don't think I would've allowed any machine I own to do that. Heat sink/fan assemblies are actually cheaper than floor fans and have been for decades, lol.

Then again, I've been building/fixing computers since I got my first one in 5th grade.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
Yeah after my first one I did the same, but this was a crappy prebuilt computer with a stock fan and such. Even so it put out an obscene amount of heat with a fan pointed at it, I'm pretty sure there was more wrong with it.

Now I'm set up with 3 huge case fans and a good heat sink and it doesn't seem to heat the room at all, compared to my old tower that Grace uses that sounds like a jet engine and fights with the air conditioner.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the BBQ definitely was bro time rather than Jace O'Clock. Although its rare for him to ever get a tournament going these days.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
from my personal experience with BBQ smash tournaments, they will end at 2:00 a.m. and JBM/Mexi will be passed out drunk on the floor, Mexi just trying to have sex with the transgendered woman who he met outside.

only1Z

Smash Champion
No dmac isn't the end of the world, unless you're me. Jace. you'd do the same thing no matter who showed up.

Jace08

Smash Lord
actually z I talked to honda, there's a chance he and potts were gonna pick you up and go. Have they contacted you yet?

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Well my mom wouldn't let me go, because she's pretty sure you guys were going to **** me. (Not in Smash, But smashing something else (My anus)) But next week I should be there, but probably with some older friends so my mom will be reassured that no one will penetrate me. (Without my consent.)

Massive

Smash Champion
Well my mom wouldn't let me go, because she's pretty sure you guys were going to **** me. (Not in Smash, But smashing something else (My anus)) But next week I should be there, but probably with some older friends so my mom will be reassured that no one will penetrate me. (Without my consent.)
Your friend Mat showed up, his parents ended up coming as well and asking a few questions. They seemed nice, but I think he wasn't supposed to show alone because I'm pretty sure they were mad at him, lol.

Anyway, tread lightly dude, I'm not trying to step on any parental toes here.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Trust me I don't care to get in trouble either lol. But yeah, if it's acceptable, I'll be there next week with around 4 teenagers who are highly/mildly into smash.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Don't know how long it's going to be before I make it out to Massive's again...2nd DWI in 2 months so I'm still unsure of the consequences. More than likely going to lose my license for at least a year and have to do alcohol abuse classes; possibly rehab. Had just started my probation for my first one on the 5th too, so this being a violation of probation I may have to do jail time. Just don't know what to expect since I've yet to talk to an attorney. Scared as **** though. :scared:

Massive

Smash Champion
Don't know how long it's going to be before I make it out to Massive's again...2nd DWI in 2 months so I'm still unsure of the consequences. More than likely going to lose my license for at least a year and have to do alcohol abuse classes; possibly rehab. Had just started my probation for my first one on the 5th too, so this being a violation of probation I may have to do jail time. Just don't know what to expect since I've yet to talk to an attorney. Scared as **** though. :scared:
Two DWI offenses in under 5 years can have up to a 5 year license suspension (although usually only a year), and may carry a penalty of ~2 days of jail time. Although since it's a probation violation, I'm not sure how they will handle it since I'm no lawyer.

Here's the official info.

We can probably plan to get you a ride for the BBQ or something at least, but as for week-to-week stuff, I dunno how that's going to work. ****'s scary, man.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Top Bottom