• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Jace come to my place at 10am Saturday instead of 9am. And bring lots of beef jerky!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jace08

Smash Lord
okay see you at 10 then. why does jerky make you angry, jerky makes the world a better happier place

Oh and we're teaming right?

only1Z

Smash Champion
Waits for it....

Anywho, one of these fridays you wanna manage to come as well with the rest of these kids, phat?

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Hey kids, I'm from Olathe KS, me and some friends of mine are interested in finding some people to play melee with, any chance we could come one of these times? :awesome:

Massive

Smash Champion
Hey kids, I'm from Olathe KS, me and some friends of mine are interested in finding some people to play melee with, any chance we could come one of these times? :awesome:
Since we're all gearing up for SMYM, next week should be a full-on regular smash, and you're all more than welcome to show up.
How many guys you got?

I also work out in Olathe despite living up north here and I'm more than willing to show up somewhere if you want a meet-and-greet or something.

Jace08

Smash Lord
cool a new face, and you're even from my hometown :)

I bounce back and forth between living in olathe and lawrence, so if you ever want to hang just hit me up. It's good that you're interested in our saturday night smashes in kc, as that's where all the real fun is

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
We really only have my friend Mat and I who actually try to play competitively (and know some tech skill). We are also 16. Is that acceptable?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Jace was my secret weapon in the LTTD 3 side event crew battle.

He mains Falco and Olimar iirc

Jace08

Smash Lord
lol... tyser can I borrow that gif from the results thread...

nah it's there cuz I never bothered to take it off back when brawl came out, I guess I should now tho

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm still thinking about renting that van, I need to know that people are willing to pay for it though.

We have exactly 7 dudes on the official list atm, so additional people are on their own.

Are dudes willing to pay? It's going to be about $30 per person + gas (around another $20 or so) for the van.

Jace08

Smash Lord
hmm massive don't rent it, I was dumb before we should take my van. I shouldn't act like my finances are that strained, there are student loans and stuff

I'll be sure to get it looked at by a mechanic before we take off, but just so everyone knows there is the risk that we could break down during the trip. If we do, do you guys mind helping me with the repair bill some? I'd appreciate it

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm down for the van rental! Though can someone maybe split Z-sponsorship with me? The kid's gonna be expensive

And yeah it's in my back seat Jace, I can drop it off sometime

Massive

Smash Champion
Ride comfortably or possibly pay for Jace's lack of regular maintenence?

I think I'd rather ride comfortably. My folks and I rented a similar van last summer and got around 20mpg all the way to Albuquerque (4 people plus tons of luggage), it's not a terrible deal, honestly. This way we'd also be covered in case Jace changes his mind at the last second like he is apt to do.

dmac

Smash Champion
Jace - asking us to help provide standard maintenance costs for a what I'd consider a typically non-communal vehicle is a bit unreasonable. We hardly ever even used it for massive smash trips from Lawrence, even when requested. You yourself aren't even certain that it'd really be roadworthy, which is ringing giant alarm bells in my head. Yeah, i know you're not demanding money, but we shouldn't have to cover the costs for something you should be doing for your own sake

The van rental is a superior option !

the possibility of it breaking down is significantly lower. There are just too many risks involved in taking your van. Our trip relies on picking up darkrain and making sure he gets back to the airport on time.

the van we plan on getting gets ~25mpg, something that I'm pretty certain your van can't match.

I don't know if you remember since you don't really sit in the back much, but the a/c situation in the backseats was awful and uncomfortable. You might have fixed it since then(its been a while), but that **** was bad :(

I'm not trying to sound overly mean, just dont feel the need to sugar coat opinions about it

Jace08

Smash Lord
ah okay, I just wanted to save everyone the 30 bucks. I'm good with and would prefer renting anyway then. For the record, I don't neglect maintenance on it; it's just old and has a lot of miles

And yeah the mileage/AC is pretty terrible, so that's another plus with renting

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Come at me Strongbad. Kidding aside, I do have some marijuana if it were desired. But it's no problem we love cursing and getting our rears kicked at smash just as much as you oldsters! Where is this saturday night smash thing held and when?

dmac

Smash Champion
nah we're just organizing our trip to a tournament

he does come for massive smash occaisionally (probably about 4-5 times a year). he used to live here and is bro-tier

Top Bottom