• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
man so crazy...

sigh you deserve way better than that for a roommate, dmac, this guy's insane. gotta admit I'm kinda glad you owned him though
><

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Should've at least bashed his head against a wall or something. If you're going to get called for battery you might as well break his face in to make it worthwhile. Good **** getting your glasses out of the way beforehand though, I wouldn't have had the presence of mind to do that.

Need to stay vigilant here for the next few weeks though, who knows if he'll send his cronies after you. I say, find out where he's staying and figure a way to get your stuff back/set him up to be jailed, serves him right!

/bloodlust
/Asian brotherhood

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just incase he knows about this site, I'd advise for you to take down any written record of the incident from the public and keep it for private use.

When you settle down, you should probably get a journal down of minute by minute what happened today, as well as things that have happened in the past leading up to it. But the more facts you can get down before you forget the details, the better off you probably will be.

Then you should probably consult an attorney.

I hope you were smart enough to copy the video from his card to something you would have access to but he doesn't, and then deleting it before you gave it back. If you did, you should view it to see if it helps or hurts your case. But definitely don't post it to youtube.

dmac

Smash Champion
i wasn't smart, i should have done that with the memory card, i wasn't thinking, too much rage

i put all that into the police report

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Right, but if you do have to get a lawyer at some point (and since it's battery I assume you would), it would help to have your own personal version of the story that is easier to access than the police report and the notes a police officer took that may or may not have been exactly what you said.

I'm sure they would have a recording of it, but I imagine it wouldn't be transcribed so preserving detail is probably imperative at this point.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
next time use gloves when you take out the memory card, break it, then flush it down the toilet in pieces.

"where's my phone? where's my phone?"
"he took my memory card!"

"what memory card? do you have any evidence of this? did you know that slander is against the law?"

Massive

Smash Champion
If the cops know he's a piece of **** you have little to worry about.

Additionally, if he has a recording of him nicking your AC adapter and you requesting its return, subsequently beating the **** out of him when he doesn't comply, his theft may be seen as an unprotected action under the First Amendment ("fighting words" clause aka the "Inciting Violence" clause) effectively exonerating you of responsibility for battery.

I'm definitely not a lawyer, but if you need anything, let me know.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
If the cops know he's a piece of **** you have little to worry about.

Additionally, if he has a recording of him nicking your AC adapter and you requesting its return, subsequently beating the **** out of him when he doesn't comply, his theft may be seen as an unprotected action under the First Amendment ("fighting words" clause aka the "Inciting Violence" clause) effectively exonerating you of responsibility for battery.

I'm definitely not a lawyer, but if you need anything, let me know.
Oh Massive, you dog

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sooo ordered a controller on Amazon. Got it here today opened package and its a off brand Nintendo controller. I'm ready to rage on everything.

Smash Lord
Need to stay vigilant here for the next few weeks though, who knows if he'll send his cronies after you. I say, find out where he's staying and figure a way to get your stuff back/set him up to be jailed, serves him right!

/bloodlust
/Asian brotherhood
Just incase he knows about this site, I'd advise for you to take down any written record of the incident from the public and keep it for private use.

When you settle down, you should probably get a journal down of minute by minute what happened today, as well as things that have happened in the past leading up to it. But the more facts you can get down before you forget the details, the better off you probably will be.

Then you should probably consult an attorney.

I hope you were smart enough to copy the video from his card to something you would have access to but he doesn't, and then deleting it before you gave it back. If you did, you should view it to see if it helps or hurts your case. But definitely don't post it to youtube.
Right, but if you do have to get a lawyer at some point (and since it's battery I assume you would), it would help to have your own personal version of the story that is easier to access than the police report and the notes a police officer took that may or may not have been exactly what you said.

I'm sure they would have a recording of it, but I imagine it wouldn't be transcribed so preserving detail is probably imperative at this point.
shiiiettt'
good **** dmac.. court citing is worth a good beating to a ****ty person imo
Dear god no it isn't. Man you never want to get screwed over by this kind of thing. I don't even think that this is cool. I've been in this exact situation before and it's no laughing matter. If things don't work your way, you'll never be able to get a halfway decent job again.

Everything else is good advice though. Follow it if you can.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alpha Gundam
LordHDL
Strong Bad
UUAA
Zone

going to enjoy my set with HDL.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
honda jake13 is actually pretty good i think
falco player
Noted, he's from TX so Arc's giving me the scouting report ;)

Anyway, my rundown:

Apollo (Peach): Took a game off of shiz in tourney recently, one of the underrated Peaches in the US I'd say. I suck at dittos so I dunno how this one will go, I need some DoH advice...
Hax (Falcon): Imma need some of that Jace training for this one...
HondaFoo (Green Peach): Technical but dumb, we'll see if he's improved any...
Jake13 (Fox, Falco): Hopefully he knows the Peach matchup, otherwise I'm going to destroy!
Maggot (Marth, Fox?): Brazilian smasher I think. Watching his videos, nothing I can't handle.

Top 3 advance. Hopefully I got this guys, it'd be a huge step for me!

@Lux — Just me and Strong Bad. Are you staying at the hotel?

Jace08

Smash Lord
yeah why do you need more peeps
also arent 2 other ppl from KS going?
i've never heard of them before
I dunno about the rest of you, but a huge reason I go to tournies is to hang with my crew... so sorry darkatma but it doesn't look good. Also I pm'd that guy who said he was from kc but he hasn't responded. If he and his brother do, I guess that'd be a good opportunity to get to know them and we'd still go quote

resTy

Smash Champion
Sooo ordered a controller on Amazon. Got it here today opened package and its a off brand Nintendo controller. I'm ready to rage on everything.
Same shit happened to me bro. I returned it and attached a picture of my middle finger.

P.S. It was also used >.<

Top Bottom