• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Smash Lord
wait, you're for sure going? like with driving/possible housing if necessary figured out n ****? I wanna go now.
Housing isn't figured out yet. TBH, I expect it to be a 1 day thing and just get back at like 4 in the morning. I don't feel like paying for a hotel, and I haven't heard anything about housing there yet. It's a 5 hour drive for me and I think I can do that. It'd be amazing if I could figure something out, but I'm fine with it as is.

On a side note. I need dedicated practice for this event. I can do stuff today If anyone feels like hosting something.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i think a major draw for oos players in the last couple of e-52's was that darkrain could offer housing for all of them at the barrio. don't forget to factor that in. more importantly, don't forget about the oos pot that we built up for several months. if this is serious, then everyone will need to start bringing a few monies to massive smash pretty soon

rpotts

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289728 This is the one I'm going to.

What's the barrio?

EDIT: If anything is going on today tell me what's going on. I'm not going to be at home all day. Nine one three - seven zero four - seven nine zero seven.
The barrio was the name for Darkrains house in KCMO, back before he moved to republicanland.
I kinda wanna play some games, but I'm not sure if I wanna commit to like hosting all you dudes for hours.

Smash Lord
The barrio was the name for Darkrains house in KCMO, back before he moved to republicanland.
I kinda wanna play some games, but I'm not sure if I wanna commit to like hosting all you dudes for hours.
I don't think the attendance will be too high, so it'd probably work out. Text me if you decide to do something.

dmac

Smash Champion
i can't do games tonight, i have to do something that i wont get done with till like midnight or so, maybe we can hit up arc at ihop then if people wanna ~

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I think games are still going down tonight phat, and yeah we should all bother Arc at work!!!!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
lol you guys should come visit me! Also Honda I figured out why you keep getting firefoxed when trying to edgeguard Fox with Bair. Watch the hitbox for it. It starts off big then gets a little smaller, for whatever reason you have to hit with the very beginning of her bair. It covers her WHOLE ***. So when trying to do that against fox you have to either wait for it or keep reseting yourself like what armada does "Bair then drop down and begin floating immediately again then bair." Hope this helps or maybe you already knew. : /

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'd visit Arrrrc

And I'm willing to host tonight, but we should probably find somewhere else if you guys want to get that devil's drink that you love, it's not allowed in the towers

Potts, Raith, Z or n64?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yes Arc that helps a ton, I had no idea the hitbox gets smaller, I always just thought I was floating too high/far out and that Foxes were hitting my feet or something. I also try to do the Armada bair edgeguard, and if you notice he'll always pull a turnip right after the first bair, so that after the second bair he can follow them off-stage and gimp with the turnip when they try to come back for a third time...he's so good...

I know there's a lot of other good Peaches out there, but I think I'm going to keep on watching Armada exclusively, since I've found that sometimes watching too many different playstyles can be counter-productive. Armada is just so efficient and in control, which is the complete opposite of the player who I modeled myself after (PinkShinobi), but I find that the more of Armada I implement into my playstyle, the harder I am for opponents to deal with it seems. Now if I can just substitute some of my nair spamming with well-spaced fairs I think it'd put me that much closer

EDIT: Raith you should let us know for sure by 4:30 or so

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Okay, **** KC. I WANNA PLAY SOME GAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :D :D :D

What time can everyone be here?

Also, I have 3 tvs but only 1 cube with 2-4 slots (lol)

So somebody needs to bring setups.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I can be there at 4:30 or so!!!

I'll bring my cube + [StrongBad's] disc + the Skyy

Someone bring the boooze!!!!!!

Massive, rezo, Z, Pyro...COMEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Honda come as soon as possible and we can play peach dittos for a while!

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY BRING SOME RICE CUZ DADDY'S GOT A NEW RICE COOKER. BOI OI OI OI

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
We should do something pretty interesting.

Im thinking about hosting another tournament.

I was thinking that maybe if you guys as a crew did a crew battle vs NE.

We should do it before singles bracket so we can create some hype. I think it would be alot of fun and i'd definetly like to try and win that.

Whoever loses will be salty and we will have some good matches. Also we should record :)

Massive

Smash Champion
Late-night massivesmash isn't happening this week, so I guess massivesmash is off tonight.
Sorry bros.

Next week though, a very special massivesmash screening of How to Train Your Dragon with glorious extra pixels.
The week after that is 8 WHOLE BITS OF SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLLLLLDDDDDD.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Thanks again dudes for dropping by my work made it extra special also Phat I <3 and miss you and everyone else who's been going to massives ;_; I'll be back soonish I promise! Mad <3

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
JBM that sounds like a good time, I think most of us would definitely be up for it

Jace08

Smash Lord
my car suuuuucks it's still at Raith's cuz it wouldn't start ><

aw Amba I would come if I wasn't in lawrence. I'll have to hit you up next time I'm visiting my house

and yeah I'd be down JBM, crew battle sounds epic

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sooo if JBM hosted a Nebraska tournament on a sunday would everyone be cool with that or be able to do it on a sunday!?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I can do a Sunday, it just needs to start early (like last time) so we can get back home at a reasonable time

Top Bottom