• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
After pulling a random allnighter, I stumble upon this thread. Awesome

Smasher in the Lawrence area. Down to friendly pretty much whenever I'm not at work.

VM me, PM me, friend me, it's all good.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
@Amba - Are you moving to Olathe permanently?

@Lux - We usually play in Lawrence at least once a week, sometimes more, and then on Saturdays we go to KC for larger smashfests. If you're interested we could get something going tonight

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
]
@Lux - We usually play in Lawrence at least once a week, sometimes more, and then on Saturdays we go to KC for larger smashfests. If you're interested we could get something going tonight
So I found this thread via the thread search and was just informed it's melee based *_*

I play brawl, haven't picked up melee in years. I'd still be down to play, but not sure if I'd be able to keep up in melee. Brawl I'd hold my own though for sure.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
@Lux - No worries, we have Fino here who's a pretty good brawl player, you should contact him

@Amba - It's definitely a good thing, KS needs more Melee players. And Jace is the one who lives on Olathe

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
Awesome. Sounds like Jace will have some nearby combofood soon then.

My friend currently lives in Olathe and plays a really clean marth for someone that knows nothing about advanced techniques etc. He just doesnt have anyone to play with. So soon there will be 2 new smashers to the KC area.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
HondaNoob pretty much got frustrated with the game and quit, I don't think he enjoyed losing so much. It's a shame too, he was picking it up exceptionally quick. Maybe if we find another newbie at or below his skill level he'll feel confident enough to ome back to it

Amba you play Peach don't you? KC needs more Peach

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
Ya i main Peach. I got a **** ton of friendlies in with MacD recently and my peach is steadily improving.

I'm also wanting to pick up a ganon so thats probably what I'll be working on for the rest of summer.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Cool, actually weren't you in my pool at Hot Dickings? I think I remember playing you. I like totally main Peach tooooooooo

And you should have your friend in Olathe come to one of our KC or Lawrence meetings

Looks like KC is going to grow a bit this summer since Arc us also moving up here

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
@adhdsoad = Raith? Ya i was at POE3 and Hot Dickings. We got housed together at Nuris's apartment for Hot Dickings.

@HondaFoo Ya we were in pools together at HD along with another Peach. 5 man pool and 3 were Peaches. **** was ****ed up.

Peach will stay my main but sometimes I get frustrated with her and just want to punch things really hard. Enter Ganon.

I'll try and convince him to go but he probably wont do it without me. He's one of those kinda guys.

BunBun

Smash Master
Yo, so I left something out of my shoutouts because I didn't know if he would read the POE thread, so someone relay this for me to Rezo:

Rezo - Thanks for being such a boss in helping with the Foxy situation. You were on top of that mess and helping in record time. *brofist*

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Hrmm.. There's too many peaches to remember so I can't recall which one was ambalance, but I'm sure I'll recognize you once I see you :D

Anyways, we play games all the time here in Lawrence. Usually a couple times a week. And like Honda said - Our whole crew meets on Saturdays in Kansas City to play, and it's a lot of fun. Make sure and show up!

Jace08

Smash Lord
sup Amba welcome to the kc smash scene. I am in olathe but when the semester starts I'll be in lawrence. So yeah unfortunately olathe is completely empty during the school year, but don't worry about it cuz you're only about 35 or so minutes away from our weekly Saturday smash location that Raith just mentioned

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
HondaFoo: my friend NAVISTABBER is totally below anyone's skill level, I just need to drag him to smashes moar. and at that, i need to drag myself to smashes moar...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Phat i will RAAAAAAPE you next time. Marth vs sheik mm? falco vs sheik mm?
Btw i thought we were friends. Friends don't camp each other :(

Just wait :)

ARC WTF!

Dmac good job placing so high

Good job Z for beating phat.

Massive

Smash Champion
I was planning on coming to a random Lawrence smash this week, but I rolled my ankle today so that's probably not happening.
I look forward to 4th of July 'eve Massivesmash though, assuming folks show.

Also, are we getting another peach? Maybe we should just permaban Kirby 64... lol.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Can I get an address? I don't think that I've met him before.
My address is 3437 Aldrich Lawrence KS.

You can come over, just be aware that I'm not sure how long we'll be smashing, just in case you are driving from far away. Also bring your own controller and we only play melee.

rpotts

Smash Lord
**** you honda you never want to play, tz wanted to play but **** HIM TOO. lol i'll be there prolly/ w 64 so you should show quote. Gutierrez?

asking in advance: do i need to bring a cube?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
yesssssssssssssssssss

Dear god the Angel Beats ending was such a disappointment...

Still touched my heart though. KAWAIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm down for SLAST, even if the melee turnout won't be that great the venue is only 2 hours away! It's a matter of principle. Road trips with the crew are too good

not really interested in apex, unless hondafoo receives Wohlgey's imaginary money and PWNS EVERYONE THERE

Top Bottom