• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
those two chars have an easy learning curve (as in, easy to pick up) but to master they're still very difficult like Falcon and Fox.
IMO anyway.

see ya at six, guys. HondaFoo (I think): you needed a Melee disc? I'll bring both of mine so you can borrow one.

xbombr

Smash Ace
GG's last night everyone! It was cool to meet Darkrain.

I had a lot of fun. I probably won't be at smash until I'm done with school in a few weeks, but I should be able to come to everything over the summer.

I think I'm probably going to stick with Sheik. Hopefully staying with one character will help me improve.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
The whole "who is easiest to use" doesn't even make sense. Every character has different things that they have to do in order to win and can have different play styles.

This game is gonna peak in tech skill soon. Could kill the game or make it even better. People are actually gonna go back to mindgames eventually i think. not that there isn't any now.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
The whole "who is easiest to use" doesn't even make sense. Every character has different things that they have to do in order to win and can have different play styles.

This game is gonna peak in tech skill soon. Could kill the game or make it even better. People are actually gonna go back to mindgames eventually i think. not that there isn't any now.

wtf is a mindgame?

Massive

Smash Champion
adhdsoad said:
Sheik and Falco are both 10x easier than Marth.
Sheik is widely regarded as the pick up and 1337 character, mostly because her most effective combos are readily visible to anyone who's played the game for more than an hour.

Conversely, I'd say that Falco is one of the most difficult characters to actually play well; he's got a totally different wavedash timing than every other character abd his weight is screwy. Add in his meager recovery and his tendency to randomly illusion off the side of the stage and somebody trying to pick him up without substantial fox experience will be f*cking lost.

Marth is easy to learn, difficult to master.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
are we actually having serious discussion about melee in here? wtf...
gg's all around at pyrosmash. not playing for a while leads to rust -_-

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
giving mah favorite region the first intimikill update -
we found a new club to sponsor intimikill. there will be a smallish state monthly at the end of the month/beginning of next month and intimikill 2 will be at the beginning of the summer. thread will be up in a couple weeks, KC gets first hazy housing dibs.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Not sure about the end of this month, but I think I can gladly say we'll be at Intimikill 2 :D

<3 hazygoose

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
giving mah favorite region the first intimikill update -
we found a new club to sponsor intimikill. there will be a smallish state monthly at the end of the month/beginning of next month and intimikill 2 will be at the beginning of the summer. thread will be up in a couple weeks, KC gets first hazy housing dibs.
Nice! Thanks Hazy! We should definitely go.

PS Potts: N64. Soooooooo good.. Lol

xbombr

Smash Ace
I totally want to go to Intimkill 2.

I'm going to start on the long, agonizing process of wearing my parents down so that they finally give up and let me go right away. :/

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I can't wait to fire up Massive smash, MAKE IT HAPPEN MASSIVE!

I hope everyone's prepared to get destroyed by me.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Massive Smash is going to be so ****, mostly because it won't take 50 minutes to get there from Lawrence (in addition to the 25 I have to drive from Topeka)

xbombr

Smash Ace
Pencil me in for intimkill 2. It wasn't that hard to convince my parents o_O

The only stipulation was that I can't drive my own car due to it's mileage, but I figure that there was going to be a carpool anyway, right?

Also, Massive Smash is going to be legit, but I won't be able to come until like next week or the week after.

Massive

Smash Champion
Massive smash will take place at 1107 NW 64th Terr, Kansas City MO 64118 on Saturdays at around 6pm.
Rooms are going to be funky *** colors the first time because I'll only have had occupancy for about a day.

So, barring a major bank clusterf*ck MASSIVE SMASH IS ON.

LETHALITY

Smash Cadet
bro you should totally call mom and dad sometime and convince them to let me go to cause thats how awesome of a bro you are :D

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh h h h hhhhhhhhhhhhh it's just as long of a drive, if not longer than Pyro Smash.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh h h h hhhhhhhhhhhhh it's just as long of a drive, if not longer than Pyro Smash.
It's definitely closer than Pyro Smash, but only by like 10 minutes or so...

Massive do you have housemates or are you living by yourself? Because if you live by yourself I forsee plenty of rowdy drunk Smash ahead of us...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
whoops, I meant south. I live in Overland park. I could have sworn massive said something about living in olathe or close to JCCC

rpotts

Smash Lord
lol wtf no he didn't
its near gladstone, just west of liberty
its almost the same drive as pyro, but it's a house sans aunts/grandmothers

although grandma pyro is the ****, 48 sodas... mmmmmmmm...

Massive

Smash Champion
It's longer for me since I'm coming from west
I drive to Lenexa every day.
Even if you lived out by legends, its not much more than 25 minutes.

HondaFoo said:
Massive do you have housemates or are you living by yourself? Because if you live by yourself I forsee plenty of rowdy drunk Smash ahead of us...
I('ll) have 2 housemates, one of them would probably just get drunk with us and the other doesn't care.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I just got done marathoning all 25 episodes of Toradora!

It was actually...

SUPER AMAZINGGGGGGGG.

One of my new favorite animes.

:D

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Man SLAM DUNK is like the best show everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Top Bottom