• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

xbombr

Smash Ace
Well my silver controller is gone somewhere. I checked my backpack, my house, and my car. I dunno why it left my backpack, but I figure that someone must have picked it up by mistake at Pyro's aunt's. It's got some scratches on the paint around the grips, a really worn in R button, and there's a small chip in the top of it kind of by where the cord is.

If anyone has it, please let me know so I can get it next time I come to smash.

Otherwise GG's tonight everyone, I had a great time. Weegee dittos are pretty legit, you can't combo each other and you just spend the entire time smacking into each other with NAir until someone gets a F/D/BAir then edgeguards.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
That drive home took SO much longer than usual. Remind me never to take I-35 home again.

Massive should have his place soon so smash will be on every week! Wooo!

Jace we **** teams :D Can't wait until I start getting better again. I'm at a stand still at the moment :/

xbombr I think your controller was on a table at pyro's when we left... It should be there.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Massive should have his place soon so smash will be on every week! Wooo!

xbombr I think your controller was on a table at pyro's when we left... It should be there.
1. Can't wait for Massive smash. lol

2. If it's the table I think you're talking about (the one with the TV that we were playing teams on at the end) then that wasn't it. If it was a different table, then you're probably right. Guess we'll find out next week lol.

I think I want to pick up Falcon... I had fun playing with him and I'm already somewhat used to tech chasing from playing Sheik. I need to learn what to do against Marth (probably could watch videos or something) and how to string more than just stomp -> knee and Nair -> knee together. I always seem to screw up UAirs when I try them. He's much less boring to play as. Maybe Jace or someone can hopefully help get me pointed in the right direction on some stuff that works and doesn't work while we're playing because I've just been spamming aerials until I get a knock down then trying to stomp/knee them out of their tech. I felt like just playing a few dittos and watching a little helped me out quite a bit.

dmac

Smash Champion
aaron is pretty sure he left his black coat at the dining room table at mikes(possibly pyros aunts basement if its not at mikes). if anyone could check on that and grab it for me to get next week that'd be sweet

Jace08

Smash Lord
Great games everybody. fyi I found an extra black controller in my backpack, is anyone missing that?

Haha Raith didn't you go like sheik in all your tourney matches? I bet you'd start improving again like crazy if you just picked a main and stuck with it

Oh and sure xbombr I could teach you some falcon stuff if you want

xbombr

Smash Ace
Haha Raith didn't you go like sheik in all your tourney matches? I bet you'd start improving again like crazy if you just picked a main and stuck with it

lol He did go Sheik. xD
I'm just as bad though, I went Fox in half of mine which was all of like two sets since Pyro can actually combo with Samus and Aaron's already legit Peach, pulled 2 stich faces and a bob-omb in one match. I was probably going to lose anyway, but wtf are the odds of that? The stupid bob-omb came like right after he knocked me off the stage with a stichface at 0%. He'd pulled another bob-omb out in friendlies earlier too. Where were those when we were teaming? lmao

Thanks Jace. I actually picked a few things up just by watching you play against Pyro last night, like that UThrow -> Fsmash against fast fallers. I always went for an aerial or dthrow and fsmash is a pretty solid option against most DI's. I'm still dead set on that if Falcon dittos weren't dittos then Falcon would be a hard Falcon counter.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
The path of C. Falcon is not for the faint of heart. You need a body of steel, mind of aether, heart of gold, and a soul of silver to even have the ability to be mediocre with Captain Douglas J. Falcon F-Zero Grand Prix champion.

Are you ready for the hardest journey of your life xbombr?

LETHALITY

Smash Cadet
Great games everybody. fyi I found an extra black controller in my backpack, is anyone missing that?

D: teach me how to beat falcon because when i played against u all i did was like 70% down smash combo then got ***** but my di was pretty fail on your d throws

xbombr

Smash Ace
D: teach me how to beat falcon because when i played against u all i did was like 70% down smash combo then got ***** but my di was pretty fail on your d throws
I lol'd. Camp more (trust me, especially since you're a Peach. Camping annoys people, but it's very effective if you're learning about their playstyle while you DD, run around on platforms, or snipe with your projectiles), spam priority since your aerials generally have more (at least more than his NAir which is his main approach unless he knows your playstyle and feels comfortable stomping a lot.), NAir out of stupid combos (But make sure you actually DI unlike me.), Lrn2comboDI, yewz teh chayngrabz, don't tech/nontech predictably, don't move predictably, don't get directly above him, ect. ect.

Long story short, people could tell you what you should do all day, but unless you get practice with it, then it won't help. You're not beating Falcon, you're beating the person playing as him. Falcon doesn't have a **** approach like Fox's NAir-Shine or something, he covers options when he does moves and this is how he builds damage and sets up kills, once you figure out what options your problem Falcon is covering then you can gain the upperhand by not being predictable. You should be asking yourself how he reacts to your patterns and changes in your patterns. If you're not changing your strategies and patterns up constantly throughout the match you're opening yourself up to being read and therefore, *****. This applies to every character really, but Falcon has devastating punishment options since he's a combo character with great power on his aerials.

Also tech chase Falcon if you're playing a character that's any good at it. His techs are extremely easy to follow.

I'm no expert by any means and I know you don't like my advice usually, but when you lose to Falcon it's because your opponent is reading you like a book... My weakness is predictability..that's why I tend to have trouble with Falcons of equal or higher skill level. Falcon is a character that ***** the predictability and bad habits out of you if you pay attention to what you're doing wrong.

The path of C. Falcon is not for the faint of heart. You need a body of steel, mind of aether, heart of gold, and a soul of silver to even have the ability to be mediocre with Captain Douglas J. Falcon F-Zero Grand Prix champion.

Are you ready for the hardest journey of your life xbombr?
1. Hell yeah

2. lol I C WUT U DID THAR. The pokemon remakes **** hard, btw.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
- Don't get grabbed by Falcon, since you'll likely be chain-grabbed and tech-chased until the automatic Dthrow -> Knee combo at 70%
- Gimp the hell out of him off-stage, it's easy
- Chaingrab -> ****
- Jab -> Grab

Don't fall for Falcon's shenanigans

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Whatever is the gayest thing your character can do ***** Falcon hard. No matter if your character is top tier or bottom tier. The only possible exception is Jigglypuff. She can't space animal slayer him and although edge guarding is Falcon's main weakness, her edge guarding doesn't **** him any harder than it does anyone else.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I just played Starcraft for 8 hours straight. My wrist and eyes are bleeding, it's like I'm emo!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whatever is the gayest thing your character can do ***** Falcon hard. No matter if your character is top tier or bottom tier. The only possible exception is Jigglypuff. She can't space animal slayer him and although edge guarding is Falcon's main weakness, her edge guarding doesn't **** him any harder than it does anyone else.
DK doesn't **** Falcon D:...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've never had the desire to look into that, so I'll take your word for it.

Jfro

Smash Cadet
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inuyasha and last episode thats all that needs to be said. my life is complete now

D

Deleted member

even if that was a joke i'm not listening to anybody's anime suggestions from this thread anymore

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Don't worry we stopped listening to yours years ago. Not that anyone watches anime anymore anyways.

EXCEPT FOR ONE PIECE, HOLY ****!!!

Jfro

Smash Cadet
dude Inuyasha would beat Luffy's *** so bad it is funny, but Ippo beats all

Top Bottom