• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

xbombr

Smash Ace
thats cause jace is the only one that makes an effort to get good

while we are in the corner playing tiny melee
Hey now. I make an effort...when I'm there. :O

Though I guess I did gay up tiny melee last time when I came to pyrosmash because Samus has missiles bigger than the characters.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Ok this is ridiculous, there have been several of us posting today, why are we not meeting? I can't offer any venue unfortunately, some one needs to step up.

Arkive, wanna play some online or console 64 today??

Jace08

Smash Lord
Guys I'm tired of losing, we need to play more.

Casually, our crew owns.

Competitively... our crew is a complete joke.
We actually play enough, we just need a different mindset when we play for now on. The more people who approach our smashfests with the thought process "how can I get better," the better our crew will be. It's definitely a necessity to have fun while you're at it, but the "get better" mindset should still always be there.

Also, losing phat, Z, and DYC (not to mention dark) didn't really help us, but luckily we got the deathmachine, so it's not all bad

Btw if anyone is ever around gamestop you should pick up their free demo disc they are giving away for monster hunter 3 and try it out, that game is lookin pretty awesome so far

rpotts

Smash Lord
nobody ****ing answered my question, btw I'm in leawood right now pc.

Who the *** wants to play smashbros>!!?!?!one!?

Jace08

Smash Lord
Come on markis you heard me repeatedly telling you to come back, same for cups. Given the fact that both of you would just shrug me off, I didn't think you'd be offended by me not mentioning you

Maybe this thursday I could hold a smashfest at my house in olathe for those hungry for games

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I think we also need to give eachother verbal advice on matchups with the characters we play.

Playing against someone's main all the time is one thing, but actually giving tips on how to beat them is so much more helpful. Honestly, I don't mind if you guys suddenly start ****** up on my Peach, as long as the crew as a whole gets stronger for it. And I think the same should go for everyone else if we really want to improve collectively

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Competitively... our crew is a complete joke.
welcome to the midwest!

HondaFoo: i have two copies of Melee, if you want to borrow one that's fine. I do not have a spare controller though.

I might get better if I came to smashfests more and traveled lol

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
HondaFoo: i have two copies of Melee, if you want to borrow one that's fine. I do not have a spare controller though.
That would be amazing if I could borrow one for a while. Supposedly my new controller is coming in the mail, but it's been two weeks and hasn't arrived yet...

Massive

Smash Champion
HondaFoo, you left your Dazzle in my automacar.
I can return it next time you see me, since I don't clean my car out very often.

LETHALITY

Smash Cadet
my brothers (xbombr is who my brother is because massive doesnt know "who the hell i am")on break as of friday i havent been to play with any of you lets please have something this weekend

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
So I just got another starcraft 2 beta key in my email to "invite-a-friend."

Ohohohoho WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH IT

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
OOOOOHHH YEEEAAAAAHHHH

Brock is Beast

Though this reminds me...how many gym leaders did Ash actually beat in battle? I mean, wasn't he always rewarded the badges by doing some battle-unrelated good deed...

LETHALITY

Smash Cadet
Whatever bro. No ankle johns though. You don't need your leg to smash.

edit:

ahhhh ****
bro i could be drunk one legged and blind and i could still 3 stock u :)

oh and btw i think jace is a little higher on gym leaders than second just a thought lol

xbombr

Smash Ace
Ok enough **** talk in the thread, bro.

edit: They're in no order. I thought a captain falcon head on misty would be funny.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I like how everyone has a Smash character for a head, except for me, who has an entire car

xbombr

Smash Ace
I like how everyone has a Smash character for a head, except for me, who has an entire car
I coulda put Peach's head on Brock instead of the car, but:

1. Too lazy to change it
2. Putting CF's head on misty, Samus's head on Koga, and a Jigglypuff instead of Giovanni's head means there's enough shemale in the picture. Putting Marth's head on Erika and Sabrina wasn't a big deal since the tiara is pretty womanly.

So you're going to be unique, Honda. xD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm totally Lance/Bruno (DK HEAD GO)
does 8-bit use Marth now?

bunbun: i'm pretty sure red blue and yellow were the most recent pokemon games to be released so stfu

xbombr

Smash Ace
If it ain't Yellow, it's done.

I've seen 8bit play a lot of Marth when I've been able to go...so I just assumed that's his main. If it isn't then he sure likes to play as him.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Being Erika sucks.

I'm also Falco now, and before I was fox... DubyateeF at Marth haha

It is pretty cool though... not gonna lie.

Arkive I'm debating giving the key to you or my friend Tmatt... Maybe dmac can hook you up? nonetheless I'm sure they'll give more eventually... but I gotta hook a bro up somehow.

Loling hard at honda's head

raith lets just invite each other to play, and then me not play it some more
:(

Top Bottom