• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
markis' post
nintendo seems to think that if it waits long enough people will forget that a lot of their big title games leave much to be desired, so they wait like 7 years to release sequels.
nintendo fighting games are very few and far between, and there are like no good ones nowadays, either.

Massive

Smash Champion
nintendo seems to think that if it waits long enough people will forget that a lot of their big title games leave much to be desired, so they wait like 7 years to release sequels.
nintendo fighting games are very few and far between, and there are like no good ones nowadays, either.
Because games were so much better back in 2004 when you started playing eh? lol

Brawl was as good as I expected it to be. It gave almost all of us a month or two's worth of entertainment before it was no longer amusing. That's a disproportionate amount over what most console games I've owned had delivered.

Melee being a competitive fighting game was a fluke. It was supposed to be mindless button mashing a la Mario party. Some game designers at HAL laboratories obviously had a 1977 George Lucas moment when they made Melee (read: accidental masterpiece); it's not common for lightning to strike twice for anyone. Look at the multitude of ****ty SF2, GG, and KOF remakes that ended up being worthless for tournament play.

Long story short, Melee is Party game that evolves into a Fighting type.

Fino

Smash Master
There is a tourney In Des Moines called redemption featuring ALOT of fighting games like gg, sf, blaz, melee, brawl, etc.

You should really think about coming up. I don't think there is a venue fee or anything and nothing is taken out of the pot. I think if we moved singles and maybe doubles to 10 a piece then it'd be worth your trip to come.

I'll keep you updated or you can look for the thread.
MJG and I are planning to go to this, so there's three more seats if you guys want to go and split on gas. Unless there is a more fuel efficient car and would let us ride with you... what ever works out the best ^^;

~Fino

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because games were so much better back in 2004 when you started playing eh? lol
the **** are you talking about
you guys need to learn some actual ****ing insults/jokes because this age **** is getting old as ****.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Ahhh Z beat me to it :(

Strongbad suck mballs. People like to make fun of 15 year olds because they act like you do, spouting random things without thinking. I'm pretty sure everyone went through it. When 3 of the words in your sentence are the same word that people use to describe having rough sex (which you probably haven't had), then you're probably not ready to be treated older than you are. For the love of god watch your language.

P.S. suck mballs.

rpotts

Smash Lord
****ing doesn't necessarily have to be rough sex pc. just thought i'd post that. And yeah, strong bad, i don't really know you so i can't really say but you came back kinda strong against what massive said. it was just a joke. if you want to hang around a group of mostly older people you should expect some cracks about your age.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
****ing doesn't necessarily have to be rough sex pc. just thought i'd post that. And yeah, strong bad, i don't really know you so i can't really say but you came back kinda strong against what massive said. it was just a joke. if you want to hang around a group of mostly older people you should expect some cracks about your age.
what this man said. take it from me back when i really loved brawl, and all the brawl jokes were being cracked, i just kept silent. sometimes people are looking for that response :p

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
you guys need to learn some actual ****ing insults/jokes because this age **** is getting old as ****.
the only reason ppl keep sayin this stuff is because the way you respond to it. i dont think any1 has ever made a comment on my age just because of how i act.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Son, you don't say **** when you're talking about sex that won't be hardcore. If you go up to somebody and say "hey let's ****," then it's not gonna be gentle, nice sex.

Act like 8bit, he's so legit that I don't even know his age.

On another note, why does Deadman Wonderland NEVER get updated...?

OFF TOPIC APPROACHING!

Is there any official KC area Power Rankings? All I see are the state ones.
Probably not if you're talking about Brawl. I believe that there's only like 4-7 Brawl players around here. I could be wrong though.

Massive

Smash Champion
Calm down.
Is joke.
You should have laugh doing.

Seriously though, you're welcome to make fun of my age if it makes you feel better.
It's stranger being 24 and hanging around with teenagers than being 16 and hanging around with college students, trust me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you need to grow up yourself if you're bothered by a specific english word simply because of it being that word, too, pc; this isn't 1940. a bunch of asterisks on a screen aren't going to hurt you unless they're a part of a sentence directed at insulting you. "watch your language," what are you, 80?

massive: i'm not laughing at your joke, i didn't find it funny. i don't appreciate them. they piss me off. make jokes that don't bother me or don't make them at all.

pc. i go to smash to play smash, not to have people who are 19-20+, have dropped out of school/don't go to school, and don't have jobs say stupid crap about me. why don't you get a job before you start saying stupid crap about something that I can't even change?

edit: edited stupid stuff out & im going back to sleep this flu is terrible

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I wouldn't care as much if you wouldn't rant the word every chance you get, you just sound like a stupid, naive teenager. (ohohhohoh no pun intended) Also, nothing you say strongbad can insult me. I'm not 80, but I'm still old enough to be your daddy and tell you to shut your animal lip when you're being irritating.

I go to smash have fun, and meet friends, and get better. None of those include hearing your prepubescent voice whine all the time. Hah, you act like it's a must to go to school or have a job, kinda like it's, what, 1940? Speaking of which... nukka, I have a job, and if I didn't, I would still talk **** on you. I think you're annoying, you rage too easy, and don't like how you talk. Frankly, you have no appeal.

Yeah, I'm a ****, but people like *****.

dmac

Smash Champion
back on the topic of smash, i just bought my pound 4 tickets, lemme know if you want to get on the same flight and stuff. it was 171 bucks total..... theres a deal goin with southwest airlines and its super cheap atm :3

aaaaaand registered for teh tourney... for 52.50

there goes mah hopes to playin uncharted 1/2 on my own ps3 for a while :(

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
What is this thing!?

Also, who is going to JCCC tonight? Obviously Jace. Dmac you should come, Z too :) Jturley is coming as well right? I'm expecting 8-bit and Arkive to be there, and probably Duck? Anyone else? (speaking of melee people)

Melee is hella expensive... I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish with this game... I never get to go to tournies :(

We need to put the pound 4 stage set on tonight. I believe it's like before except no Pokemon Stadium now. (YESSSS!)

Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Yoshi's

I find this incredibly in Marth's favor. The counter picks look super legit to me though

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
EC and their conservativness. one of the only reasons why i played melee in tourneys was so i could cp everyone to pokefloats and watch them flounder. ill have to find some other way to have fun with people

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Just counter Rainbow. Most people hate that almost as much.

I think it's amazing. Now all I have to do is ban FD on everyone except spacies, which in that case I'll ban Rainbow/Brinstar, and if they try to use a counterpick stage I switch to Fox. It's flawless!

only1Z

Smash Champion
He's trying to be cynical or something.

I raged super hard earlier when he asked what was so good about generic RPG/FPS, case in point Borderlands. I tells him, there's no such thing as a "Generic" rpg/fps cause no one makes them, except Hellgate. Go get me some examples eh? He tried to go off on a tangent, but I kept the conversation on track. So 10 minutes later I get a gamefaqs list of 360 games, and I'm pretty sure he just searched "Fps Rpg - 360" Of course it was just a list of Fps games, and randomly Dark Messiah, of might and magic. The closest being possibly bio shock or possibly Psi Ops....Then it's the discussion of if having a skill tree, or set skills is considered an rpg element, or if it's skill / tree's AND stats.

Where did we go so wrong.

Top Bottom