• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

D

Deleted member

Cause the show is completely deserving of the praise it receives. /rolleyes
yea, even though i believe cowboy bebop is one of those classics that you should watch, i really only thought the show as decent.

Cups

Smash Ace
next we're just gonna hear about how amazing samurai champloo was sigh. Here's Shinchiro Watanabe's principal: make a high quality visual anime with an amazing music track, then people will not notice there is little to no plot and the characters are completely static and one dimensional. 25 episodes of filler with the only semblance of plot appearing in the last episode

xbombr

Smash Ace
Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm looking to improve and stuff. I know AT's and stuff, but my only competition so far has been my brother and some friends of mine. I go to college in Maryville, but my hometown is Raymore (About 20 mins away from KC). I come home frequently on weekends, so maybe I can join you guys sometime? D:

D

Deleted member

next we're just gonna hear about how amazing samurai champloo was sigh. Here's Shinchiro Watanabe's principal: make a high quality visual anime with an amazing music track, then people will not notice there is little to no plot and the characters are completely static and one dimensional. 25 episodes of filler with the only semblance of plot appearing in the last episode
that last episode and the music was pretty legit man.

so is this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljNFyS9dHBs#t=1m

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm looking to improve and stuff. I know AT's and stuff, but my only competition so far has been my brother and some friends of mine. I go to college in Maryville, but my hometown is Raymore (About 20 mins away from KC). I come home frequently on weekends, so maybe I can join you guys sometime? D:
hi. do you play Melee, or Brawl? this is the Melee community's thread, which usually meets in Kansas City, MO on saturdays, while most (what little there is) of the Brawl community is on the Kansas side of the area & meets in overland park.

@ cups: you pretty much summed up a lot of popular anime :(

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I'm guessing from his Roy avatar that he's melee.

Not to mention there are no AT's in Brawl, unless you're talking about the silly tricks that can be taught in less than 2 minutes.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Xbomber i believe is the falcon who competed just this weekend.

Good games kansas, I enjoyed it.

There is a tourney In Des Moines called redemption featuring ALOT of fighting games like gg, sf, blaz, melee, brawl, etc.

You should really think about coming up. I don't think there is a venue fee or anything and nothing is taken out of the pot. I think if we moved singles and maybe doubles to 10 a piece then it'd be worth your trip to come.

I'll keep you updated or you can look for the thread.

xbombr

Smash Ace
hi. do you play Melee, or Brawl? this is the Melee community's thread, which usually meets in Kansas City, MO on saturdays, while most (what little there is) of the Brawl community is on the Kansas side of the area & meets in overland park.
I play Melee. I'm not into Brawl in the least.

So where exactly in KC?

Saturdays are pretty much perfect whenever I come home (Which is every few weeks). I'm really looking for a good group of people to play with. Especially since Maryville's out in the sticks. lol

I'm actually looking to start playing Sheik. I've never actually been in a real tournament either. (JBM must have the wrong guy here. :p)

And my Roy avatar is because he's a melee character and the main lord of my favorite Fire Emblem game. :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
we meet at pyroty's aunt's house. he posted the address a page or maybe 2 pages back or so. it's like 35-40 mins from Raymore I think, depending on where you live. starts @ 5 pm usually but pyro's too cool to let us know too far in advance so he usually posts like Fridays to tell us.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
we meet at pyroty's aunt's house. he posted the address a page or maybe 2 pages back or so. it's like 35-40 mins from Raymore I think, depending on where you live. starts @ 5 pm usually but pyro's too cool to let us know too far in advance so he usually posts like Fridays to tell us.
Hey! fine I'll post now...

NO SMASH THIS SATURDAY!

sorry guys, too many Halloween parties and whatnot. I'm sure it'll be on next weekend though, can't wait! especially since I missed the tourny...=( but yeah nice to me you xbombr, always nice to see more people joining our comunity =) heres the info:

Starts at 5pm-12am+(ish) Lol

7708 NE 75th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64158

If you need help finding it, or any more info:
Call(Can't receive calls) Text me at: (816) 377-5548
Or Jfro at: (816) 516-4226

Bring systems and disks, see you there!

PS: Level 5 Marth CPUs are 222good. I was practicing fox tech on FD and I was at like 200% and I waveshined behind him once then back in front of him then behind again all 3 of which he powershielded (WTF?) and then he proceeded to **** me with a tipper F-tilt. Yeah...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone would come this Saturday if you did host it. It's halloween mannnnn.

Free chipotle, holla

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol pyro you forgot to put in the crossouts :( JFro's number is (816) 516-4226

Fino

Smash Master
There is a tourney In Des Moines called redemption featuring ALOT of fighting games like gg, sf, blaz, melee, brawl, etc.

You should really think about coming up. I don't think there is a venue fee or anything and nothing is taken out of the pot. I think if we moved singles and maybe doubles to 10 a piece then it'd be worth your trip to come.

I'll keep you updated or you can look for the thread.
MJG and I are planning to go to this, so there's three more seats if you guys want to go and split on gas. Unless there is a more fuel efficient car and would let us ride with you... what ever works out the best ^^;

~Fino

dmac

Smash Champion
i think it has more to do with ... more like what you are forced to do to win in the game, and you hate yourself and how boring it is if you play that way

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah

Hey Dmac you should come with us to this Thursday's GIG meeting, especially since there is no sat. night smash. Me, pc, Arkive, 8bit, and Duck are all usually there playing melee. Massive shows up sometimes too. We could give you a ride from lawrence.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i think it has more to do with ... more like what you are forced to do to win in the game, and you hate yourself and how boring it is if you play that way
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS. and its not like its boring per se i just hate myself for what i have to do. for example, unless pikachu cgs fox, its 65-35 counter over pikachu. way back in a small tourney in january i knocked zeton, the current best fox to 4th. not cause i was better then him, but because i could tap my z button at the right time. i still wont ever forgot that, and i still hate myself for it. pikachu doesnt really get gayed, and does decent against mk so getting gayed isnt really my reason for stopping. i just hate what the so called "high level" of play forces you to do.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
Yeah

Hey Dmac you should come with us to this Thursday's GIG meeting, especially since there is no sat. night smash. Me, pc, Arkive, 8bit, and Duck are all usually there playing melee. Massive shows up sometimes too. We could give you a ride from lawrence.
Dang, I didnt know you were doing GIG still. Ill be there on thursday then, because I live 2 minutes from jccc now.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I wish Nintendo was like other companies that released fighting games and released almost yearly improvements to their fighting games. I mean we're already getting Super Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift? I haven't even had time to touch Calamity Trigger. Nintendo seems that think that every new Smash game should come out on a new system with 4 billion new single player features that no one will use. We just want new characters, stages, items, balance tweaks, and more options for customizing multiplayer.

I look at games like Halo 3 where the customization options are nearly endless, right out of the box. There's no need for hacks because any changes you would want to make are already there. Imagine if we had enough options to essentially create Melee (or even N64) from Brawl right on the disc? We could manually adjust hit-stun, shield stun, falling speed, pretty much any aspect of the game without hacking it. Smash has always been a fighting game where you customize the options yourself, so it only makes sense to give us more customization. They should've focused on this instead of giving us a repetitive single player platformer just to unlock characters.

There really aren't that many changes they would have to make to make the game appeal to both the Melee crowd and Brawl crowd anyways. I'm sure the Brawl crowd doesn't like the game because of non-existant hit-stun, low shield stun, and no dash dancing. Fixing those 3 things alone would make many consider playing it.

Sorry for the long post, those are just some things I had on my mind.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Smash is a party game. The question is why we can't get a bunch like Mario Party.

* and the kind of changes it takes to make Brawl into Brawl+ can't be done on the disc in most fighting games either.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Dang, I didnt know you were doing GIG still. Ill be there on thursday then, because I live 2 minutes from jccc now.
Yeah I probably shouldn't just single out Dmac; everyone in the area should come to our JCCC thursday meetings for some melee. We gotta get ready for the Oklahoma tournament

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Smash is a party game. The question is why we can't get a bunch like Mario Party.

* and the kind of changes it takes to make Brawl into Brawl+ can't be done on the disc in most fighting games either.
The kind of changes we already do on the disc can't be done in most fighting games either.

dmac

Smash Champion
aren't we past the point where we talk trash on brawl and lament its lack of features? it made us all sad, and halo 3 is gay shut the **** up markis

Top Bottom